Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 15d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Brisbane
Posted

Hi,

I am waiting for my xr6t to arrive sometime in April, but we will see.

I was just wondering what the sound of the exhaust is like.

Has anyone got it to burble a bit when dropping it back a few gears with the auto .

I have a sports exhaust on my current car and love the sound of the burble but I dislike how the exhaust really goes through the whole car. Can you hear the exhaust inside the car?

Thanks

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 10m
  • Location: Sydney
Posted

The exhaust is quite quiet actually. But yes (in an Auto) if you change back with the SSS it will "burble". I understand that the exhaust is the same one used in the XR8, but of course it sounds different. It's a twin system (maybe 1 and 3/4 inch each in diamiter??).

You can hear the exhaust inside the car but it's in no way intrusive, to be honest, I'd like to change my to get it sounding a little louder (not much just a little, I'm married you see :lol: )

  • SLOJAM, Gone but not forgotten
  • Legacy Donating Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 23d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Outer east - Melbourne
Posted (edited)

IMO - It does not sound like a V8 nor any 6 pot I've ever heard. It sounds SEXY at any revs. It just gets better the harder and faster you go :D

BTW. Where are you? I'm sure there is a friendly member near you who will gladly help you hear it.

Edited by richdave
  • The Noble Leader
  • Administrator
  • Member For: 23y 11m 21d
  • Gender: Male
  • Location: Sydney Australia
Posted

I thought the standard exhaust sounded pretty good.. but knowing me i had to change it :)

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 11m 22d
  • Location: Canberra
Posted

I want to change it so it sounds louder... but my "friendly" neighborhood Ford dealer has refused to honor the drivetrain warranty if I change the exhaust in any way. Yes, in ANY way.

According to them I can't even change the freakin TIP without it being a "modification"... grr...

Time to get another dealer I think...

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 16d
Posted
Ford dealer has refused to honor the drivetrain warranty if I change the exhaust in any way. Yes, in ANY way
.

that's quite interesting, becaused I asked my ford dealer (both the sales person and sales manager) and he said that I could go right ahead with a full exhaust, loud BOV and air filter intake system and it wouldnt void the warranty at all, they gave me their personal guarantees on this and I will double check when I pick up the car too...there seems to be alot of variation in the responses from dealers when asked this question..

Cheers.

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 9m 10d
Posted
Ford dealer has refused to honor the drivetrain warranty if I change the exhaust in any way. Yes, in ANY way
.

that's quite interesting, becaused I asked my ford dealer (both the sales person and sales manager) and he said that I could go right ahead with a full exhaust, loud BOV and air filter intake system and it wouldnt void the warranty at all, they gave me their personal guarantees on this and I will double check when I pick up the car too...there seems to be alot of variation in the responses from dealers when asked this question..

Cheers.

hey ONDOLE

one of my bosses once told me get everything in writing. if he is honest about what he told you then he should not have a problem putting it in writing. you never know with these dealers these days

  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 16d
Posted

yeah that's right, I would never do anything unless I had some form of formal agreement with my dealer ! :)

Cheers.

Guest woosh
  • Guests
Posted
Ford dealer has refused to honor the drivetrain warranty if I change the exhaust in any way. Yes, in ANY way
.

that's quite interesting, becaused I asked my ford dealer (both the sales person and sales manager) and he said that I could go right ahead with a full exhaust, loud BOV and air filter intake system and it wouldnt void the warranty at all, they gave me their personal guarantees on this and I will double check when I pick up the car too...there seems to be alot of variation in the responses from dealers when asked this question..

Cheers.

Get it in writing.. I was bitten when the sales guy gave me a verbal quote and I shopped around to get my car. Couldnt get a cheaper price then my original quote and guess what went back to them and he denied even giving me that quote.. complained to his manager and the manager said no way he would have said that.. :innocent:

  • Dark Knight Mafia Member No. - 666
  • Member
  • Member For: 23y 7m 7d
  • Location: Toowoomba
Posted

I had my fiance deliberatley jump in front of one on the main road at home. (stoopid I know) The exhaust sounds amazing from outside the car at climbing revs. I think the guy driving was pleased to overtake a brand new Expensive Daewoo ute with a grinning idiot hanging out the passanger window with a smile ear to ear.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...