CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 18d Location: Canberra Posted 11/04/04 11:20 PM Posted 11/04/04 11:20 PM I am interested if anyone has any idea as to the price of a auto transmission rebuild? Mine has basically sh*t itself so I require either a new box or to fix my existing one.As you can imagine im not happy at the moment
Guest Scootre Guests Posted 12/04/04 12:18 AM Posted 12/04/04 12:18 AM I am interested if anyone has any idea as to the price of a auto transmission rebuild? Mine has basically sh*t itself so I require either a new box or to fix my existing one.As you can imagine im not happy at the moment So this ain't a warranty thing?What happened to it?
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 18d Location: Canberra Posted 12/04/04 01:12 AM Author Posted 12/04/04 01:12 AM No it isnt a warranty thing. Basically I have 280kw @ wheels, and I've had over 220kw @ wheels for the last 25,000km. The transmission is basically dead, it is slipping and flaring everywhere, and I can barely accelerate at all. The massive torque of the engine, and the fact that I am running Nitto 275/40/17 street slicks on the car has meant that the transmission has become the weakest link..
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 3d Location: Sydney Posted 12/04/04 03:36 AM Posted 12/04/04 03:36 AM Where are you at?There are some guys in sydney that could probably do it. They are at Northmead Auto.OwnaXr6T has had his re-built and he could give you details on cost. I have had the valve pressure done and also run an oil cooler, but these are not sollutions for you as you box appears too far gone. If the gears are OK you may be able to get away with replacing the cluthces.
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 18d Location: Canberra Posted 12/04/04 03:40 AM Author Posted 12/04/04 03:40 AM Yea I have a feeling that mine may be gone, but I am willing to investigate my options. Unfortunately the car is stuck in Victoria and I live in Canberra, so Northmead probably arent an option.Do you know whether the box was rebuilt for performance or just to rebuild the box to standard? Hopefully OwnaXr6T can shed some light on the matter.I am tempted to save my dosh for a few months and make the leap to a 6 speed manual. If anyone here has an experience with this, please let me know.
Geeseman Legacy Donating Member 1,805 Member For: 22y 11m 3d Location: Sydney Posted 12/04/04 03:44 AM Posted 12/04/04 03:44 AM I think the box was just rebuilt. Northmead are in the process of building a solluition for phase III and this should be available in a few weeks. Im assuming you're running phase II level mods. Anything else? 280 is a tad high for this.As for replacing the auto box with a manual - this might be very expensive. I have no idea what problems you'd encounter doing it. Perhaps replacing it with the GT auto trans or doing the phase III northmead mod would be the thing.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 1d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 12/04/04 04:10 AM Posted 12/04/04 04:10 AM Ive had my box fully reconditioned including a exchange torque converter, I also had the pressure increased and a oil cooler ,all up setting me back close to the 4k mark. The work was done threw C&V by northmead autos. by the way it was recoed to origional condition because at the time nothing was available as far as strengthening was concered.I am currenty awaiting a solution for the APS Phase III kit im told the auto should be garenteed to handle about 320-340rwkw.I think Geea would be a good person to talk to if your in melbourne I can't recall where he got the work done at but the thread is in the forum somewhere.
CnC SportCompact.biz Member 328 Member For: 23y 6m 18d Location: Canberra Posted 12/04/04 04:15 AM Author Posted 12/04/04 04:15 AM I would be very interested in an auto that can handle that sort of power, as I have bit of a hunger for power and extreme driving If they can do me a performance box for 4 grand including all your stuff I would be pretty happy I'll give C&V a call tommorow and see what they have to say about it.
geea Site protagonist Legacy Donating Member 4,320 Member For: 23y 4m 18d Gender: Male Location: At the lights, waiting for you. Posted 12/04/04 04:26 AM Posted 12/04/04 04:26 AM Hey CNC, I just got my auto done and its fantastic and I found the place that did it very professional. If your in Melbourne you're more than welcome to have a drive and see what you think. It's a bit jolty when driving slowly, when driving at 25% throttle or more it is awesome. In manual mode its like driving a clutchless manual. Below is what my reciept actually says.Kewish Automotive97932220Remove Automatic TransmissionModify Valve BodyModify Pump Regulator ValveReset Clutches - Band Replace (Hi-Torque)Fit Large CoolerAssemble and Top up with Oil.Total inc GST $1690.00It took 2 1/2 days. During the rebuild they had it back together then tested it and said that it was changing to hard they then did some more work to the valve body to make it a bit less harsh.I'm very happy with it especially in manual mode, its amazing.If you'd like any more information just ask.Geea.
OwnaXR6T Member 1,519 Member For: 23y 10m 1d Location: Sydney Australia Posted 12/04/04 04:27 AM Posted 12/04/04 04:27 AM I would be very interested in an auto that can handle that sort of power, as I have bit of a hunger for power and extreme driving Me too Me too.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now