aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 11/04/04 01:52 PM Posted 11/04/04 01:52 PM Anyone here got sent a worm email virus recently? Win32.Netsky.D to be precise.I have received it. Funny thing is, it was sent to a particular email address I have only used to:1) sign up to MSN messenger; and2) placed on this site in the MSN messenger thread.To the sender: [email protected]
ZAP No boost, no bottle, just my foot on the throttle! Legacy Donating Member 7,935 Member For: 22y 7m 24d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 11/04/04 06:21 PM Posted 11/04/04 06:21 PM Ani,I think Netsky versions are now down to U, it is VERY common and will be picked up by all updated AV programs. The Worm will spoof the senders address so who actually sent it will have your address and the senders address in their address book. Lesson is DELETE any email with attachments unless you are expecting it.More detailshttp://securityresponse.symantec.com/[email protected]
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 29d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 11/04/04 11:23 PM Posted 11/04/04 11:23 PM Have you got worms again aniken :lol:
NT TURBO Member 1,128 Member For: 23y 6m 23d Gender: Male Location: Darwin NT Posted 11/04/04 11:31 PM Posted 11/04/04 11:31 PM Have you got worms again aniken :lol: He should stay away from cracks.
aniken I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it Legacy Donating Member 4,316 Member For: 23y 9m 18d Gender: Male Location: Sydney, south west Posted 12/04/04 01:10 AM Author Posted 12/04/04 01:10 AM Ani,I think Netsky versions are now down to U, it is VERY common and will be picked up by all updated AV programs. The Worm will spoof the senders address so who actually sent it will have your address and the senders address in their address book. Lesson is DELETE any email with attachments unless you are expecting it.More detailshttp://securityresponse.symantec.com/[email protected] Yeh, my AV software picked it up fine. so I do not have worms . I have run a full scan just to be sure, and no infection present.The email address it was sent to is about 2 weeks old, and I have only sent one email using it (to myself, just to see if it worked). The only other use was to sign up a new passport thing in MSN. And I put it up in one thread here.So, from what you are saying, my address is on someones address book, and they have unintentionally sent it to me 'coz they have the virus on their PC? Given my limited use of that address, would that suggest that someone on this site, but not me, has worms
Redhawk ....Time to lay this fairytale aside...... Legacy Donating Member 2,657 Member For: 23y 6m 28d Gender: Male Location: In the Ferry on the River Styx, not getting out just yet! Posted 12/04/04 07:36 AM Posted 12/04/04 07:36 AM Can't be me I have'nt had a itchy @rse for weeks!!!
bara Member 183 Member For: 23y 2m 24d Location: Gold Coast Posted 12/04/04 09:40 AM Posted 12/04/04 09:40 AM I had 2 of those netsky worm virus' and eventually removed them this weekend. The virus doesn't only come through emails (as I never open emails from ppl I dont know). The virus also loads from web sites Guess I will be a little more carefull of where I choose to web surf
JJ_Phantom Member 208 Member For: 23y 1m 18d Location: ACT Posted 12/04/04 12:34 PM Posted 12/04/04 12:34 PM My virus thingo has picked up Netsky a couple of times as well - and it tells me it gets picked up browsing the web. What a pain in the @ss - and it only effects 2000/xp.
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now