JJ_Phantom Member 208 Member For: 23y 1m 13d Location: ACT Posted 07/04/04 05:27 AM Posted 07/04/04 05:27 AM I wanna get all the crap off my old computer (mp3's, porno vids etc) off my old computer and onto my new one. Is there any simple way of doing this? The USB isn't working on the old one so I can't use a thumb drive.
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/04/04 05:35 AM Posted 07/04/04 05:35 AM Easiest way,If you got two network cards, get a cross over cable and network them.Easy way,Pull the hard drive out of the old computer, set the jumpers to make it a slave and put the old hard drive in the new machine in the primary IDE channel.If you don't know much about computers I wouldn't recommend doing this though.Other,If you have a CD-Burner in your old computer, burn stuff to a cd...Or if you can wait till next week when I'm back in Canberra I can do it for ya.
Jaymz Member 190 Member For: 22y 9m 25d Location: Noosa Posted 07/04/04 06:31 AM Posted 07/04/04 06:31 AM Putting the old HDD into the new pc is the easiest as you don't have to start buying network cards etc if you don't already have them. Before I worked that one out, I used to use a program called 'laplink' installed on both pcs and then using a parallel cable through your printer ports transfer files this way. Don't know if you can still find that software anywhere though.
Blown BA In Your Face Member 6,195 Member For: 23y 6m 24d Gender: Male Location: Peninsula Posted 07/04/04 07:10 AM Posted 07/04/04 07:10 AM Ask Kenny he's always on the computer.....
JJ_Phantom Member 208 Member For: 23y 1m 13d Location: ACT Posted 07/04/04 07:47 AM Author Posted 07/04/04 07:47 AM Pull the hard drive out of the old computer, set the jumpers to make it a slave and put the old hard drive in the new machine in the primary IDE channel.If you don't know much about computers I wouldn't recommend doing this though.Okay - that sounded pretty confusing (hard to tell how much I know about computers!) but surprisingly - It was really easy. Cro. I owe you a beer.
crisso . Legacy Donating Member 1,199 Member For: 22y 10m 18d Location: Sydney Posted 07/04/04 08:26 AM Posted 07/04/04 08:26 AM Cro. I owe you a beer. It is looking more and more like Cro wont be buying beers for a while, I owe him a few - keep a tally Ivan.crying shame that whilst buying you one, I will also have to buy myself one Chris
CJF077 The Noble Leader Administrator 4,792 Member For: 23y 11m 21d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Australia Posted 07/04/04 09:59 AM Posted 07/04/04 09:59 AM Ivan is spot on.. Crossover cable pending your machine is network enabled is the easiest way. Thumb drive is good however if you have alot of stuff can be too time consuming. You dont have a cd recorder? A few cdrw's wouldnt go astray..
Cro Flower Power Legacy Donating Member 6,114 Member For: 23y 11m 23d Gender: Male Location: Sydney Posted 07/04/04 10:47 PM Posted 07/04/04 10:47 PM As I said to Crisso earlier, I'll be sh*tfaced at the hunter valley cruise, and it's not gonna be from wine!!
Recommended Posts
Create an account or sign in to comment
You need to be a member in order to leave a comment
Create an account
Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!
Register a new accountSign in
Already have an account? Sign in here.
Sign In Now