Jump to content

mercuryturbo

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    1,724
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by mercuryturbo

  1. Great pics well done. And well done to Lowndes for breaking the drought.
  2. mercuryturbo

    Names

    Steve
  3. [quote name='-MOKSTA-' post='547153' date='Jun 22 2007, 06:09 PM']Autometer Cobalt Gauges They're the only ones that match the XR dash (black face, blue numbers, red needle). And they fit right into the 2 gauge and 3 gauge pods. I imagine the mark up on these are huge so a group buy would be awes! you know you want em! [/quote] Would be interested in that too
  4. I've always owned & loved V-8's. Nothing sounds as good as tuff 8 & they're heaps of fun to drive. So when the time came to update my mildly modded AU2 XR8 ute I had my heart set on BA XR8, till I drove one. Sure they went ok above 3500rpm but below they just did'nt impress me. So out of curiosity I test drove an 03 XR6T auto & became an instant convert
  5. I think the 40th anniversary GT will depreciate just as fast as a regular GT in the short term, but in the long term (& I really mean the loooong term) who knows. You've only got to take a look at the prices the classic 60's & 70's muscle cars are bringing now to realise this. A classic example is XC Cobra, a car decribed in in 1978 as a marginal classic, really nothing more than a styling exercise to clear out the last 400 hardtop bodyshells, yet I've seen asking prices of 70K plus. In 30 or 40 years any muscle bound BA, even our beloved T's, could be worth a mint.
  6. Sure can. You can find the cables on Ebay
  7. They look awesome. They have group buy written all over them.
  8. Was looking at one of these did you get any more grunt?
  9. 1. type of car u raced down the quarter mile ? type of engine , gearbox diff , N/A , turbocharged , supercharged , NOS . XR6T 4spd auto 2. weight of the car and your weight could be enbarassing this part ? app. 1700kgs I'm about 77kgs. 3. rear wheel power or engine horse power figure of a dyno ? 263.5 rwkw 4. rate your driving skills poor to good out of 0 to 10 ( lol this will be interesting also. 7 out of 10 5. what track did u ran at ?Hot day or Cold day air temp please ? WSID 13 degrees C 6. what tyres and differential ratios ? Std tyres & diff 7. elapsed time and mile per hour u pulled down the quarter mile ??? 13.107 @110.8 mph 8. 60 foot mark ? 2.141
  10. Must admit sounds pretty darn good
  11. App. 250 -255rwkw I think, good result.
  12. Had my car dyno'd on Tuesday, made 263.5 rwkw on the stock injectors & they too are at 100 percent
  13. Will be very interested to see what you get as CV are doing a tune for me tomorrow as well and my mods are almost identical to yours ( minus the gt wing & bar)
  14. Just fitted a wogcooler to my 03 T this morning. The car already has an edit & cai installed. Anyway, I took the car for 50 kay run & it didnt miss a beat. Not much of a perfomance increase but it did seem to come on to boost a bit faster. Still gonna book it into CV this week for a retune to try & pick a few more ponies.
  15. God I hope not
  16. Hey Jay, whereabouts in the shire do you live? I have an 03 4spd with edit, cai & k&n filter. In the shire if your keen
  17. I did a 13.9 @ 101.8 mph, 4spd auto with edit ,cai & K&N filter. Mind you it was 38 degrees & a massive headwind!
  18. So what your saying is they're worthwhile putting on if you can get one?
  19. Thanks for that. Do you think its, worthwhile as a retro fit or should I just go for the metalcat?
  20. Hey guys, just started planning my second series of mods to my 2003 xr6t, so I went down to my local exhaust guy to get a quote on a 3.5 metalcat & he suggested getting hold of a stock BF dump pipe & cat stating that it flowed better than the BA system. I for one didnt know this & I was wondering if anyone out there could shed any light on it. Many thanks.
×
×
  • Create New...