Jump to content

molch

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    174
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by molch

  1. Ok so from ford, I gave them both mine and an LPG NA and they came u the same. THen started chatting to the guy and he was able to tell me these cams were introduced from BF2 10 /11 onwards. They are in the falcons, territory, xr's etc. Part Numbers: exhaust baf26250a - $395 intake baf26250b - $395
  2. I'm going to call ford shortly and try to get some part numbers and pricing.
  3. Does anyone know of the b series cams are the same as FG? ive also heard the cams are the same between turbo and non turbo in the fg's.can anyone confirm?
  4. Oh Cr@p. Any recommendations on standard replacements? Im also considering doing the oil pump now as a precautionary. can anyone here supply them at good prices?
  5. Also is this caused by valve float or some foreign object getting between the lob and lifters?
  6. hey guys, so while doing my valvesprings, I've noticed some cam lob damage on the exhaust cam over valve 1 and 2. What do you guys know, is it ok to forgot about it or is this going to form a problem down the line and I should look to get replacement cams?
  7. Got through most of it. Finished the valve springs and ported the mamba turbo housing some more. Still gotta get the rocker cover and turbo back on. Can't do any more work on it until Monday so early next week I am hoping to be starting it up and seeing how its going. Touch up tune maybe around mid week maybe pending tuner availability.
  8. the balancer mark was on the timing marker that comes off the front housing. I shoulda said that upfront.
  9. sweet, thanks guys.... didn't find anyone yet, we have spent a bit of time today porting the Mamba housing right out to create a better flow to the internal wastegate. will be testing it out in a couple of days bypassing the boost solenoid to see how low it can hold boost.
  10. Hi Guys, Did valve springs today and found when I got to the cams that the timing marks were all off by alot. I was thinking of calling ford on Monday to find out what work on record they might have because its only done 60,000kms and the last owner didnt do anything I was aware of in the valve train. There was two owners before me. What do you guys think? should I be worried or chasing down the history of this? I ended up doing about 4 markings using liquid paper pen on each sprocket so I got everything to line back up without any dramas.
  11. They didn't know why but it's obvious to me now. Turbo is too big for the wastegate flow and hole. Reason it's worked for others is asmaller exhaust/dump/cat creates back pressure on the turbo wheel and this builds pressure in the entire system. This back pressure from the exhaust helps the wastegate open and gas takes the path of least resistance out he wastegate hole. My exhaust system doesn't have this same back pressure and due to poor wastegate port design the path of least resistance is out of the turbine. There is is some examples of guys with boost creep on this forum and it generally comes down to high flowing exhaust and crap internal gates. I found heaps of examples of Honda guys in the states having similar issues with Chinese turbos (poor flow and port designs) which is why there are so many tutorials of people porting out smaller turbos. This problem usually starts for them when getting a big dump and high flow cat!
  12. do you know anyone who has used that kit with first hand experience. Want to ask them how they found it, how many kms have they done and is it ok for a daily driver in that position?
  13. yeah Mamba actually emailed me tonight offering a partial refund for the exhaust housing. I was surprised but told him that would be awesome and I really appreciate it. This gives them a 1 up for customer service in my book.
  14. Yeah I've basically settled that the most likely end situation is a 50mm external gate. However I'm going to give it a shot myself because I have nothing to loose but my own time and hopefully learn a thing or two while I go slowly.
  15. All is good. I went in knowing it was a bit of a gamble for me and also feel the mamba compressor housing and chra are good, solid units. I am still pretty pumped about how it's all coming together. I'm still expecting atleast 400 rwkw on 98 and the turbo comes on boost really hard, it's just every decision now is harder and slower due to wasted cash. I'm just documenting everything so the next person can atleast have some more information and opinions if they decide to go down a similar path, after all that's what these forums are about.
  16. Yeah t04z front wheel with gt35 rear wheel and it's a mamba 1.05 rear housing. target boost would be 18-20 psi but couldn't control it under 22 with it boost creep up to 24 higher in the rpm.
  17. To answer the earlier questions about Autotech they are a top company and I can't wait to get my car on the road to show the tuning Spiro has done to the car with this turbo. But they don't do 40mm flappers. Which is cool , I understand the risks and why they wouldn't want to risk their rep doing it. I've pretty much decided that I will see what I can do with the Mamba housing myself (internal porting and channel to the gate) and do some road testing. If I can't get it to stop boost creeping then its external gate installed by a shop off the side of the ford housing. More sand castle building tips: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kTsqrMbUxgo & https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-OI7l4RdQDc
  18. Thanks in advance mate, can't wait to get stuck into it this weekend.
  19. Sorry Mattyp was really looking forward to this. Will be keen when I get everything sorted to come for a run. Maybe we can have something else soon after this cruise. Maybe do a Friday night roll racing at WSID in a month or so?
  20. Yeah man wish I got in earlier. Not many have experience with the Mamba housing and now Mamba have dropped price conveniently when I raised this issue to them! Maybe it's to get more out I the market place so we can continue to test their products. I guess R&D and customer service is limited when you sell at the prices they do. I I do like the turbo itself. Comes on boost and pulls really hard. What exhaust and intake do you have. I think that will impact any overboosting issues.
  21. Im afraid Im out again guys, Sorry. Have to get my turbo sorted and also will be fitting valve springs.
  22. Anyone have any recommendations from experience for getting a 40mm port job and upgraded flapper installed on my standard garrett housing?
  23. The Mamba 3584 pulls hard and I still rate it as a good turbo but until I have the boost issues sorted go in eyes wide open. Do not use the mamba exhaust housing and I think you will be sweet!
  24. The mamba turbo and the factory exhaust housing.
  25. Turbo is at GCG today in Sydney. Can't wait to find out what's next.
×
×
  • Create New...