Jump to content

BLUUOA

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    61
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by BLUUOA

  1. Thanks mate... It's gone a long way I love the first pic too :banghead:
  2. Ha Ha... I honestly don't know who won and if I did there would of been some legal binding document I would of had to sign... I'll keep you guys that are interested posted on the progess of the show
  3. Hey Mate.. Thanks again mate anyway it was featured in street fords last year issue 41 it has gone along way since then. It will be featured in a TV show airing in April called blood sweat and gears on FOX 8 also speaking to a few editors as we speak.. As with the questions I'll be more then happy to answer them for you Thanks again
  4. Hey Guys.. It's been ages since I've been on Just want to confirm that I was one of the competitors of the show... Which will air in April 2009 Honestly it has been a experience of a lifetime Thanks Muz it was a pleasure All the best
  5. Hey Guys... Just wanted to show you the results of my flexplate after repeated abuse... snapped all the bolts in the back of the crank as well... You be the judge...
  6. HEY GUYS... After trail and error in a 3 year build my custom BF F6 Typhoon is finished.. Haven't been on this forum in awhile...and just wanted to upload my F6 Typhoon... Let me know if you have any questions I can share on the build Thanks
  7. Hey Guys... HELP NEEDED These A major problem with my gearbox first off it had the P on the dash display flashing and the PERFORMANCE word flashing and wouldn't go in manual mode and now my car doesn't start at all even the gear selecting display has disappeared from the dash A Friend Told Me It Could Be A Solenoid or the Inhibitor Switch Does anyone know what could be wrong ? and do these have a external inhibitor switch or internal ? CODES B2681 PRNDL SENDER FAIL U1900 CAN SOMETHING
  8. THANKS MATE GREAT READ I SAY MYSELF IT'S ALSO ON DISPLAY NEXT WEEKEND AT AUTO SALON TO BE HEARD AT FOX STUDIOS.MOOREPARK
  9. thanks mate I just changed my external wastegate with a more reliable TIAL gate from the states and it's actually pulling out now a more constant figure 413.4 RWKW Yeah it's a snort Performance manifold his actually got a website with prices you can have a look at http://www.snortperformance.com
  10. Grab Street Fords Issue 41 you'll see my F6 on the front cover which will be in-stores I think next week and you'll have all the photos in the world to look at... Thanks mate
  11. Ha Ha sorry mate didn't see that anyway I'm using a 1.06 rear exhaust housing with a tial 44mm wastegate from the states... Thanks
  12. Both foglights have hidden extras behind them the passenger side consists of a automatic transmission cooler. As for the drivers side it houses a B&M Oil cooler with a Thermo Fan... Thanks Mr Bean Your actually right very inspirational
  13. Hey Guys I've retired from the art of drag racing for now until I save up some more money for bullet proof equipment first my diff I'm not risking that Auto as well so I'll lay off the drags for now and concentrate on other things I'm happy with the 11.2 128MPH Got Some Nice Pics From The Drags if you missed out
  14. Yeah spoke to someone today about the KAAZ LSD but got one really cheap today so I'll just make use of this one for now it's got 3.46 which is a much better ratio of 2.73 which is in mine at the moment have to recalibrate my dash for the change in wheel speed and I'll be right When I get some time I'll rebuild my old one with strengthen gearing with the KAAZ LSD with either chrome molly drive shafts or billet ones if there at the right price Anyway the extent of the damage is I snapped my hemisphere in half which broke the rod which went out the back of the casing
  15. Not yet pulling out the diff today with the help of a few friends Thanks I'll see the extent of the damage and get back to you Is the Standard XR6 Turbo Diff The Same ? If so are they the same ratios Should I go 3.75 ?
  16. Hey Brian Could you give me some advice is there any difference between a standard diff and a FPV diff ? What is the cheapest way out of this
  17. HEY GUYS JUST CURIOUS IF ANYONE KNOWS THE SPECS ON THE FPV F6 TYPHOON DIFF RATIO AND IF THERE DIFFERENT TO AUTO AND MANUAL TRANSMISSIONS ALSO IF THEY ARE DIFFERENT FROM A XR6 TURBO ? AND IF YOU GUYS KNOW ANYONE THAT HAS ONE FOR SALE THAT WOULD BE GREAT I CRACKED MY DIFF DON'T KNOW THE FULL EXTENT OF THE DAMAGE UNTIL I PULL IT OUT ANY ADVICE ON WHAT TO DO THANKS
  18. Hey Guys I fixed up the problem with the stall converter but managed to break my diff in the process JUST CURIOUS IF THE XR6 TURBO AND THE F6 TYPHOON HAVE THE SAME DIFF RATIOS WHAT DIFF RATIO IS THE ZF 6 SPEED F6 TYPHOON ? AND IF ANYONE HAS ONE FOR SALE THANKS I WON'T BE COMING OUT THIS WEDNESDAY VERY DISAPPOINTED
  19. Thanks mate Well I've got all night to try new things might take your advice this Wednesday if I don't break the 10's I'm still impressed with my results and proud of my car from a 12.7 118MPH to 11.2 128MPH Finally got my plates that have been with me for almost 10 years but sold them with a car I previously owned so it would be nice to crack a 10 with BLUUOA (Blew You Away)
  20. For some strange reason the front wheels are sliding I was told cause of the front runners and being a thread based tyre they tend to slide . I've corrected that problem by getting wider front runners and adjusted the handbrake heaps more. XT Brakes are shocking might go back to brembo brakes with street slicks again with that new suspension setup
  21. I'm using the handbrake as well as foot hard on the brake but it's still managing to creep forward not in the sense of the brakes not holding but the actual front runners sliding. Any advice on what could be done with these standard 6 SPEED AUTO'S in leaving the line on at least a couple of pounds of boost
  22. Hi To my surprising the brakes are fine it's the actual width of the front runners it's sliding forward Also with the nose dive I was so worried about keeping the car straight I forgot to shift from 1st to 2nd before I hit rev limiter and as you guys should know if you've encounted that problem once it hits rev limiter the car shuts down for a fraction of a second Might not be much on the street but on the track every second counts. Also my front suspension is way to hard so I've put the standard BF structs which are heaps softer then the bilsteins I have at the moment A few more little tweaks and I'll hopefully be out next week
  23. She is just making over 400RWKW on 17 PSI but hopefully next week I'll have some more issues sorted out.
  24. No Silence people do work and stuff Actually when you have a lot of support Brain noting is difficult I enjoy driving it with slicks keeps straight on the track and actually no Death Wobbles. Anyway had a good outing last night was happy still having problems coming on boost hopefully sorted out that problem Weird Gearboxes slips when it wants too I think the valve bodies in the transmission need a little more tweaking. Results 60' 1.715 330' 4.834 660' 7.341 mph 99.16 1000' 9.467 ET 11.258 MPH 128.87 Once again with a little more Trail and Error SEE YOU NEXT WEEK
  25. Hey Guys If you missed the Drags Last Wednesday I will be out there again Tomorrow(If The Weather Holds Out) But With a More Aggressive Suspension and Wheel Setup. My Main Concern Last Week Was Leaving The Line On Boost Also Traction Issues When It Came On Boost And Can't Forget The Death Wobbles From The Steering At 200KPH Didn't Realize The Headache Involved In Setting Up A Car For The Drags. My Car Is Too Low Due To It Being Over 3 Inches Lower Then Standard Height And Hitting The Shock Bottoms When Leaving The Line Being A Standard 6 Speed With A TO4Z Doesn't really Get Boost Off The Line With The Standard Stall Converter. I Have Raised My Car Using Standard BF Springs Which Are Much Softer Then Mine To Help it squat A Little Better. Ordered Oil Shocks With Adjustable Pressure Fittings. 90/10 Preferred At The Front And 50/50 At The Rears. Had To Change My Brembos Brakes To Compensate The Full Slick Setup With Front Runners So I'm running Standard BF Brakes. Also Only Racing On Half A Tank Of Petrol Without The Spare Wheels And Taking Out Bits And Pieces From The Car. 26x8.5x15 Full M/T Slicks 5.5x2.5x16 Front Runners First Time I Ever Raced This Car It Dialed In At 11.5 122MPH But Feel The Car Has So Much Potential It's All Trail And Error And Hopefully One Day I'll Work Out The Best Combination For My Car
×
×
  • Create New...