Jump to content

Jamie XR6

Member
  • Posts

    190
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Jamie XR6

  1. LOL, Yes mate she is, just that I think your system is hotter. Do you think I need to get out a bit more?
  2. Bugger the background, What program are you running underneath it for the dials?
  3. The only time I bother to cool down the turbo is when I pull into a servo etc on a freeway where I've gone from 110 to stop. Other than that I don't bother. Driving around the city at 60 doesn't matter as you are rarely on boost.
  4. That's what I was like. Loved the acceleration when I first bought it, but once you get used to, and stop noticing being shoved back into your seat when you put the foot down, it's time for more!
  5. I could never get away with that with my missus so I left her instead. That's why mine is booked in for the APS phase 1 next week. I'm getting just the chip at the moment. That will do me for 6 months!
  6. Is that just the chip phase 1 or phase 1.5 with the injectors as well?
  7. Not only is that extreme, that's just sick!
  8. Jamie XR6

    Oil Useage

    I checked mine on the weekend at 13000kms and it was starting to get into the "ADD" section. It's now topped up.
  9. They (BPT) don't do a spacer for the 6 but they do a 75mm throttle body for the XR6T at $400. It looks the same as the SS Inductions one but it's cheaper. Has this changed and they now do a spacer?
  10. I've seen your in car sound system, nice graphics :lol:
  11. Right now I'm listening to Feva fo tha flava by Hot Action Cops (the extended mix)
  12. I've got a couple of pics and the parts list on my website. http://members.hn.ozemail.com.au/jamieh/modifications.htm
  13. Absailed down a cliff from a helicopter as well as fast roped from Helos onto ships to board and seize them. Was chased in Manila by an angry crowd armed with machettes and sharpened bamboo sticks until the Police arrived and put a gun to my head to make me put my clothes back on (it's a long story) Had a contract put on me in Thailand by a transvestite prostitute (an even longer story) Tried to "borrow" a helicopter in Vanautu that was tied down on a wooden pallet. Only managed to get the nav lights working before I was dragged away. Was a passenger in an AUII XR8 Highway patrol car doing 180 in a 60 zone. Was again a passenger in a police car during a high speed pursuit.
  14. Mines over 13000 now and no rattles or tizz in any gear.
  15. So what gains from your stereo did you get by modifying the E to an I?
  16. Now I feel old, I was a young JR when the Brisbane was the pride (and baby) of the fleet, that was in the days when the ships were made of wood and the men were made of steel, women were appreciated and little boys wiped their bums with death adders!!! A real man's outfit! Yep....She's here in her namesake City at the moment getting stripped to become a dive site. My nephew did a stint on her in stores (Buster Keeton) and the last time it was in Brisbane in service I got a tour and a lunchtime feed in the Mess. Great ship. Pity they all have to go sometime. Well there you go, I served with Buster and remember him well. I'm on the Sydney now, good ship but just not the same as a DDG.
  17. Certainly not my cup of tea either
  18. That's sad, I felt the same way after spending 15 years on HMAS Brisbane. The day it was decommissioned I shut the power down for the last time and sent it into darkness, then went home. She had been around for 35 years as well.
  19. I take it that you want to upgrade to premium sound? It can't be done as it has to be fitted on the line when the car is built.
  20. That's good to hear and puts my mind at ease. I'm looking at getting the APS phase 1 fitted next month by Spiro and the boys at AUTOTEK. A mate of Spiros put me onto them and I've been a bit worried about letting a stranger chip the car. Lately I've been hearing so much about them that I'm glad I've picked the right guys to do the work and now I'm looking forward to it.
  21. I saw MANNA on a BA pursuit ute. It had large white "Cobra" stripes across the top. The only thing that spoiled it was a very large GT badge (Custom made) below the pursuit badge on the tail gate.
  22. Motor Mag got 1780kg for the XR6T so I guess the figures are about right. Bloody heavy things they are. Imagine the 0-100 times if they were a little lighter.
  23. Night shades isn't too bad when used on coloured surfaces such as tail lights. Just don't try to spray clear items like headlights or headlight protectors. It's near on impossible to get an even coat and when you get it wrong it's looks bloody terrible. Another cheap way of tinting your tail lights is to stretch over Women's sheer stockings. I know it sounds strange but a mate of mine did it to his car and it doesn't look too bad. It also has the advantage of being removed instantly when the Police want to defect your car. Wearing nylons isn't my cup of tea but each to their own I guess!
  24. This is my desktop. It's a shame I can't find a studio picture of a black XR6
  25. Keep an eye out for the driver, I've heard Elvis has bought a XR6T and is cruising for Princess Di
×
×
  • Create New...