Jump to content

Strike_Lightning

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    198
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Strike_Lightning

  1. Happy Birthday Strike_Lightning!

  2. Hi guys, can anyone tell me if the xr8ute fuel pumps are the same as the xr6 pumps, my young blokes xr8 utes pump failed on the weekend and I have the chance of picking up one from an xr6t ute and was wandering if it would fit. any help would be appreciated. cheers
  3. I have just fitted a set of 245/40/18 FALKEN FK452's to my T(280rwkw) and they are awesome, good grip in bothe wet and dry, not sure about the milage though. Anything form $300 to $390 per corner.
  4. I have decided on the wheels and tyres(at last), takes a long time to do the home work and make the right(for me anyway) informed decision. The wheels I have decided on are the CSA SHAKER and the tyres will be the FALKEN FK452, I just have to get the right price now, all of the tyre joints locally were quoting me vastly different prices for the tyres any thing from $320 to $390 ea. I think its time to get wheel and tyre package prices. Can any one confirm that this size wheel and tyre combo 18 x 8 and 245/40/18 will fit ok on my ride, it has kings ssl springs on the rear and kings sl's on the front. I think the new rolling diameter is slightly more than the standard 235/45/17 and I dont want them to rub on the guards. I'm sure there are cars out there that are running this size wheel n tyres on those springs. If they are a bit big maybe I'll have to go for the 245/35/18 instead. Any help here would be greatly appreciated.
  5. Hi guys Its time for me to buy some new wheels, I'm still debating whether to go for 18's or 19's, the two wheels that I am looking at are the RACESPEC from SPEEDY, that come in 18x8 or 19x8.5, or the SHAKER from CSA that comes in 18x8 and 19x8 can anybody tell me wether any of these sizes are OK to fit to my 04 T sedan, once I figure which one to buy then the tyre choice will be next, im considering the FALKEN FK452 or the FEDERAL 595. Also can any one tell me what width the standard 17inch wheels are on a 04 xr6t sedan.(8inch I think). PS. Once I get these new wheels and tyres I will have a set of standard rims with TOYO TEO 235/45/17 tyres on them FOR SALE. If any one is interested. Still good tread on them too, just starting to scuff a little on the front tyres so ive just rotated them to the rear. Watch the FOR SALE add. Cheers
  6. thanks guys, I'll tackle it tomorrow. cheers
  7. I can do that.
  8. na tab, plenty of ''go'' still in the battery. time to get down and dirty I guess. cheers
  9. hi Adam the solenoid is clicking in and out but starter motor not turning, so I thought I would remove it and check it out on the bench, if its any thing like my young blokes Late model camira ute it will be a mission to remove. so I thought I would ask before I get underneath and check it out. dg
  10. hi guys, I have a problem with my starter motor and I did some searching but can't seem to find any advice on how to remove it, I'm sure it would of been talked about before, can someone point me in the right direction? cheers
  11. Hi Guys I am thinking about fitting a xr8 bonnet to my ''T'' can any body tell me where to get one from ? Somewhere in WA would be good. I think there are steel and fibreglass types available, just not sure from where. Cheers DG
  12. Cheers guys Looks like a job for next weekend, ill let you know how I go.
  13. Hey redbackalarms How are the new brakes compared to the stock brakes? Did you get DBA's ? I got Dba rotors and RB24 pads from Race brakes in Vic at a very reasonable price, more than $100 cheaper than the cheapest quote I got from auto parts sellers here in WA.
  14. Cheers mate, yep ill give it a go(try anything once), but like you said $150 is ok for piece of mind.
  15. So do the pads come out from the calipers easy enough ? I have to change them too.
  16. Cheers Rootster, how about the pads, do they clip in, slide in ?
  17. Hi Guys I have just purchased a set of DBA slotted and drilled rotors and RB24 brake pads for the front of my ''T'' and I was wandering how easy they are to fit and wether any special tools are required to do the change over. Has any one done the change themselves ? Was there any hick ups during the install. ? I have got a couple of quotes from workshops around my area and the average price was $150 which I dont realy mind paying but thought if it is easy enough then I would give it a go myself. Any help/comment would be appreciated.
  18. Hi guys Thought I would let you all know of the latest on this topic. Well the tuner in question has done the right thing( in my opinion ) and refunded me the cost of the dodgy tune. It took a lot of ''he said'' ''he said'' discussions but in the end he came to the party and gave me the refund. While this thread was not meant to stop people from using this tuner, just a way for me to inform you all of my experiences with him, I think the problem with his business still exists. But please do your homework before you decide on a tuner and talk to the half dozen or so in WA that seem to be able to tune these great cars. I have in the end decided to stay with Simon at 'extreme ford tuning' as he did a great job with my car and he has a workshop and office I can visit. Booked in later this month for the next stage to get to the 300rwkw mark. I have learned the hardway on this one but atleast it all worked out for the good in the end. Cheers all
  19. Thanks Kael, yep it is good to finally get a car that is a dream to drive. As has been said in a lot in threads on this forum, 'cant wait for the next round of mods' to fall over the 300 line. Couple of months maybe or even sooner if I can squeeze the stimulus money from the missus. Cheers mate.
  20. name - Dave car - 04 BA MK1 transmission - T56 power - 267rwkw boost - 12psi induction - extra typhoon cai, k+n filter, wog cooler and hot side pipes turbo - stock valve springs - stock exhaust - smb high flow cat, centre mufflers replaced with hot dogs fuel - deka injectors and walbro fuel pump tuner - xtreme
  21. Hi Adrian6T I had my re tune yesterday and it went great. There was no issue with the car apart from the other tuner's tune( my words/opinion ). Far too much boost, the dyno clocked it at 17.5psi before he aborted that run for fear of engine damage, which was my fear before it went on the dyno, as the guage in my car was sometimes reading a boost of 1.5bar(21psi). The car is an 04 BA, so the weak valve springs( new valve springs and the next stage of mods to come later in the year to get to the 300club maybe) didnt allow for full potential with my mods, but I am more than happy with the re-tune. The car pulls strongly all the way to 5000rpm now with no signs of the over boosting or spluttering/coughing like before. Cheers
  22. Yep I agree, there may be an issue with the car, faulty part or something. But all I ever wanted was communication and some commitment to follow the job through until it was fixed, not much to ask for one would think. Any way thanks guys for your input, hope I hav'nt upset too many people, I know some people will read between the lines and figure out who I am refering too. So be it.
  23. Thanks guys Yep I am booked in with Simon for next week, so I will inform you how it all goes.
  24. Thanks Tab. Yep, I did'nt want to start a sh*t fight, just to pass on my experience.
×
×
  • Create New...