Strike_Lightning
Legacy Donating Member-
Posts
198 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Strike_Lightning
-
Yep this noise drove me mad when I first got my ''T'', like you I went back and forth to the dealer while it was still under warranty but got the same bull sh*t from them time after time. ''WITH IN TOLLERANCES''.You can learn to drive around it just meens adjusting your driving techniques a touch. I have since then installed a ''T56'' box and a heavy duty clutch( mall wood stage 3 ) and the noise dissapeared for a few thousand ''K's'' because everthing was new, but once it all bedded in the clunk-I-ness has returned although not as bad as before. So I guess while everthing is new all is good but as soon as parts wear the noises return. I know it can be annoying but just turn up the stereo. Dave G
-
Cheers Simon, I have just fitted the larger cat and replaced the centre mufflers with hotdogs( sounds the part now) and fitted the k=N filter and typhoon CAI a while ago so she should be breathing a bit better now. Should be ready to fit the 60lb injectors and fuel pump along with a tune early in the new year. Dave G
-
Capa Flash Tuner Instructions
Strike_Lightning replied to 250citurbo's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Keh ??? If you have generic tunes on the flash tuner its as easy as A B C. Just go to the capa website and its in black and white If you dont have generic tunes on the flash tuner then you have to go and get a custom tune from someone who knows what they are doing I sugest you go to a tuner anyway as most of the generic tunes are shi-. Good luck -
Cheers Vixen, got one today at auto 1, they are on special at almost half price $73 down from $134 Good deal . :banghead: DG
-
-
From the album: cooler change
-
From the album: cooler change
-
From the album: cooler change
-
From the album: cooler change
-
From the album: cooler change
-
From the album: cooler change
-
From the album: cooler change
-
From the album: cooler change
-
G day all, I am in the market for a K+N air filter and I was wandering what the going price was ? I rang supercrap but they didnt even have a listing for them. So before I ring around further I thought I would ask you guys where to get them and how much they cost. Found one on e bay for $90 incl postage, is that a good price ? Any help would be appreciated. Dave g Merry Christmas.
-
G day Chopp, I guess its like anything, it all depends on how much you want to spend on the beast. But my advice would be to do the easy mods first, I did them in this order. Extra typhoon CAI - inexpensive and easy to fit Hi flow air filter - inexpensive and easy to fit Fit a high flow cat and either remove the centre muffler or replace it with hotdogs. Then get the capa tuner( capa 1 is good enough if you just want to use the car for the street ) Replace the injectors with 60lb deka ones and replace the fuel pump with a walbro type. With these mods and a custom tune you should look forward to around 260- 280 rwkw's Then there is the cosmetic stuff Lower her with a set of king springs and fit a set of wheels. The fitting of a good set of guages realy sets of the interior. A lower grill is also an inexpensive mod and is also easy to fit. Happy spending. Happy christmas. Keep us informed as to how the mods are going. Dave G
-
Hi power jet. What did you mean by ''WHAT A DIFFERENCE''I take it you mean More power! R u just using the generic tune or have you done a custom tune. PLEASE EXPLAIN. DG
-
There are a few dodgy sellers on e bay, but capa also sell on e bay and have specials on NOW. So just do a search for CAPA TUNER and choose the one by capacapacapa. price is approx $420 brand new and with 3 tunes to suit your car already on them, then all you need to do is get a custom tune, DG
-
I have heard both and I think that hotdogs are the better sounding exhausts, straight thru is louder but hotdogs gives it that better note. DG
-
Not asking for huge power just a few small mods Extra Cai,3''cat,centre mufflers removed and replaced with hotdogs,60lb deka injectors,walbro fuel pump and monza cooler and hot side pipes and capa tuner. Somewhere close to 260-270rwkw is my uneducated guess.It already has a stage 3 mal wood clutch and t56. Dave
-
G day all, I have been searching for a tuner in WA and in the last couple of months I have come accross a few that rate a mention and a few that dont rate a mention DO's Simon At XFT The dont's Mmm maybe another day But today somebody told me about this guy called Aaron at a place called ''In -Tune Performance'' only works on turbo's and comes highly regarded. Does anyone have any experiance with ''in- tune'' or Aaron ??? Cheers Guys DG
-
Yep, I know of guys running Federals and seem to be very happy with them and can't realy complain about the price, but im not sure where that cost was from, I checked with a couple of suppliers locally and the cheepest was $155 with a lot of haggling with the other guys charging $170. Anyway still got a month or so before its time for me to change tyres, ive kind of been leaning towards the Michelin PP2'S a bit more expensive at $280 but a very good tyre, or so im led to believe. Its a bit of a head _ _ ck choosing tyres with so many out there and so many opinions, guess I'll just go with my gut untill I find one that suits my kind of driving and that grips to my expectations. DG
-
G day Cro, what sort of milage did you get from the PP2's ?? and did they start going off towards the end of their life, I know from experience that some tyres are real good for half their life span then drop off dramatically. I am running Intensa's at the moment and have done atleast 20k on them and still some tred left on them, however the performance is rapidly dropping off almost daily now. Not realy complaining though, they have been good tyres for a long time now. Im still debating which tyres to get on my standard 17's Cheers DG
-
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.