Jump to content

illusionzzz

Member
  • Posts

    180
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by illusionzzz

  1. illusionzzz

    Gt E

    I hated VE's when they came out, but they're slowly growing on me. I'm sure these will too...
  2. My mate has a stock BA XR6T, has done his fair share of burnouts and wrecked a diff in the process. New centre needed, just out of warranty. Touch wood mine holds together with the mid to high 300rwkws it's making. God knows I've broke everything else.
  3. Interesting as my turbo has just crapped itself...
  4. I've had my box rebuilt with new planetaries gears and when she's hot it takes a few seconds to engage reverse. I can live with it as long as it holds together. Especially considering I've spent about 3grand on it.
  5. Yeah I'm pretty sure there are things called floor mats hahahahaha
  6. I found when I had 275s on the back, granted they weren't the best tyres, I got bugger all traction and was always wearing out the inside edge of the tyres. My contact patch was probably smaller than the 245s I now have, must have been a camber issue or something... But they did look good!
  7. What's that from dags?
  8. I think I remember hearing (from a mate that used to work at ford) that there is a fix to help minimise this (obviously this doesn't help if it's already rusted) but I think it involves drilling a hole and running a tube somewhere...
  9. I'm pretty sure it's called "The Descent", I didn't think it was that good a movie, but there are alternate endings , so that might help...
  10. Have you got the game on both consoles mate? I don't care if the xbox version runs at 1080, I haven't had the pleasure of seeing both version but IGN have and they have come to that conclusion. No disrespect but I'd rather take their word over yours... The only game I have every played on a PS3 that has had to install anything (not including game sortware patches), is GTA IV, and apparently that was to load textures to minimise "pop in". Yes blue ray is slower to access than DVD, but this does not affect game or video playback. The reality is the next version of GTA (and I'm sure many other games) will not be able to fit all their data on the limited space of DVD. I'm sure xbox will sort something out, probably multi disks and external hard drives... Dan Houser from Rockstar: "One of the problems with the 360, and it affects games like Grand Theft Auto if you think about how much content we put in the actual machine, is the fact that they don't have a significantly larger storage medium than the previous systems. It's a slightly bigger DVD disc," Houser told 1up. The hard drive issue is also another problem Rockstar sees with the Xbox 360, as not every Xbox 360 has a hard drive, which makes it very hard for Rockstar to implement HDD features into the X360 game. Continuing on the subject of limited disc space, Houser states, "the 360 is going to have to get 'round this issue we're talking about...hopefully, they're going to adopt one of those in the next year or so, because it's going to become more of an issue. If we're filling up the disc right now, where are we going? It's not like our games are going to get any smaller." http://www.psxextreme.com/ps3-news/2966.html In the end mate, I'm sure either console will do you fine...
  11. I've had a couple of funny moments. First one I walked down this really long jetty and theres a chick at the end taking photos, I walked behind her trying to get jiggy with her (bahahahaha) and she dropped her camera, so I picked it up and pelted it at her face. She then ran away yelling "help I'm being molested." One time I was drunk (in the game) trying to hail a cab and niko is like "stop mister" and the cab just keeps driving, and I swear niko did the whole f**k off thing where you put on of your hands to your elbow joint, you know the one.... I wanna see it again just to confirm I didn't imagine it! I'm only about 10% through the game, maybe we shouldn't mention any spoilers or plot twists, so we don't spoil it for anyone.
  12. I wasn't talking about resolution etc. Just the fact that dvd is sure to limit games soon, if it isn't already. As for which version of GTA IV looks better I'll quote IGN: "For those wanting to know which version looks better, the edge goes to the PS3. The textures and framerate are comparable, but the PS3 has far less pop-in. The 360 has richer colors, but the PS3 has better anti-aliasing making it look a little cleaner. Because GTA IV can preload onto the PS3 hard drive, the in-game loads are faster. Don't worry Xbox owners, the load times are rarely more than 30 seconds and don't occur very often. The slight visual edge goes to PS3, but the 360 is no slouch. Either version will do you proud." source: http://au.ps3.ign.com/articles/869/869541p5.html
  13. PS3. GT5 and METAL GEAR SOLID. Free online gaming. Plays Blu Ray movies... and is more future proof than the xbox 360, which still uses dvds. Even the creators of GTA IV have said xbox need to do something about only using dvds for games, as it severely limits game size (dvds are 9 gigs, blu ray is 50gigs). Someone along the lines was quoted as saying xbox will never use HD for games, and considering it is now a dead medium, they're probably right. Look into getting a 60gig PS3 from hong kong to save some dosh. Only major drawback is it will only play region free blu ray movies (about 60% of releases are region free). Not really a problem for me as I'll import all the movies I want to keep, probably cheaper too. It will play all games as they are region free. For example you can buy most new releases off ebay for about $70, as opposed to about $100 from aussie shops.
  14. Wow that Zaino one looks amazing! Thanks for the good post dan. I need some advice though. I wash my car regularly but am not certain how to get the paint to pop. In the past I've used turtle wax, meguiars gentech etc etc. She hasn't had a polish or a wax for a while, what would you reccomend I do and in what order?
  15. cheers! hahaha that dog is hilarious!
  16. Bring back the GIF
  17. Hey Guys, Not long until the much anticipated Grand Theft Auto 4 is released, should make for some awesome gaming! An interesting article here: http://blogs.theage.com.au/screenplay/archives/009138.html Pretty much saying that the Aussie version is slightly censored, compared to the rest of the worlds due to Australia not having an R rating for games, which kinda sucks! I dunno about anyone else but it's enough for me to source mine through a mate from overseas, I might end up with a few copies too!
  18. I was like hoping for the rocker cover to fly up in flames... or anything to burst into flames really... damn... was waiting for the climax hahahaha Sometimes I wonder why people bother posting some of their stuff on youtube!
  19. The ferrari is a handful, so they're good times!!! I just use the 'stock standard' controller
  20. The little guard dog at my place, Taco. He's about 7 years old and is quite the character!
  21. Cheers mate, I think theres a 1.07 there if I can hold it all together. Haven't really given the Ferrari much time. Yes and go the Panthers!
  22. Alright, I'll get this started then.... Track: Forward Car: Modded Skyline Tyres: R3 Driving Aids: None TIME: 1.08.325 I have some dodgey pics on my phone that I can upload if I ever find the cable!
  23. Go the modded skyline. Can't beat turbo 6s .... plus that's the car I've been driving hehehe
  24. Wow terrible story! I think it really depends on the individual person. Regardless of age the only way to get experience driving a powerful car, is by driving a powerful car. But I guess lots of experience driving anything may help... I had my BA with around 300rwkws just as I turned 20 now i3 years later ts got about 370rwkws...
×
×
  • Create New...