-
Posts
2,528 -
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Days Won
3
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Headsex
-
that's right.. If you buy your car, and you have code A3LA on it, and then you flash it, the flash box stores the code A3YA in the stock location. After a couple of "services", ford update the flash on it, and bring it to say A3LD. Now next time you go for a service, and you flash the Stock code back in... What code are you flashing back in? Then ask yourself this. What code do ford know they have flashed in? Doesnt take rocket science to work it out Danny
-
Ok Guys.. if anyones interested, I've got a spare set of FPV Pods. brand new in box PM your offers Pickup available (vic/eastern subs) Danny.
-
as per my last post.. At auto barn ask for.. VDO 230.032 (it hink.. 1/4npt male and female with 1/8 npt for autometer oil presure).
-
Boost you t-piece it off the bov oil, you use the supplied oil sender presure sensor thingy.. And you need a t piece, VDO 230.032 (it hink.. 1/4npt with 1/8 npt for oil presure). allows you to run both sensors.. 270 degree sweep on oil would be good... I was also thinkin about geting pyro temp.. or airfuel.. but a/f is pointless as its not wideband Danny
-
If I didnt get my hands on the fpv pods, miss aly's one would have been my next prefrence.. I cant stand the drill/screw holes in the SS induction one. nor the fact its not a pod type design.. danny.
-
Keep us posted if you do.. I've got couple of mates on the "waiting list".. Danny..
-
I dont.. But FTP Auto Salvage has a waiting list for them if you wanna call up and get them.. I believe if you goto fordforums.com.au and goto the sponsers you can find out more info there.. Danny.
-
Approx $250.. If you can get them from ford.. Danny.
-
with custom. auto is approx 240rwkw, manual is 260rwkw.. Given the fact both will have same power @ flywheel.. Manual's just Dyno Higher figures.. But it also depends on how lean the tuner wants to go with the standard injectors. Danny.
-
You hook it up to the Illumination line which is easily accessable behind the "Fog Lights/Traction control" Button to the left of the steering column. Otherwise, you could put a resister inline with the illumination power on the guages. They are LED's so they will look fairly uniform when dimmed Danny.
-
Here is some pics of the old removed Autometer Rings for refrence.. Danny.
-
from the back side of the guage, using a flat blade screwdriver lifted the lip all the way around so its no longer "crimped".. The original ring will then come off (with a bit of effort depending on how good you lifted the lip..) I then got the glass, and glued them to the fpv rings.. Because of the position of the guage in the pods, the FPV rings clip nicely on in place. I'm running the illumination to the dim line from behind the "spotlight" switch.. that way it will dim with the dash dim. Ohh, the Pillar using fpv pod will look great !! Danny.
-
<cough>My FPV Pods...</cough> Looks good with the cobalts in there hey?? Danny
-
BSPT just to be anal.... British Standard Pipe Thread. National Pipe Thread. Could have got it for you for free.... ← Yeah. well the chick at reece was cute, but I wouldnt have quoted her on the BSB/BSPT.. But yeah. NPT, national pipe thread.. I will keep you in mind for next time :> Danny
-
No, Made that harness up. Never seen a OEM guage in action to comment. but from what I recall the OEM boost guage does not have PSI markings.. Yes. I fitted them using the original Autometer Rings left on, but the diameter is a little too small. Plus, they dont look anywhere near as good as the FPV rings.. Danny.
-
Well, I know it was worth it.. Took me a week to chase down that right angle brass fitting for the boost gauge.. Seems everybody BSB thread, not NPT... GRR Danny.
-
If you cant afford a custom tune, use the 8psi capa tune. You wont be dissapointed. You will feel a mamoth difference. Better than the difference you will feel when you tune a LS1.. And, once you have the box, you just go to your local friendly tuner, and get a custom tune later down the track.. Danny.
-
Hey guys, Just thought I'd sure my latest Mod.. You like?? Yes... My Autometer Gauge warentee is gone.. But the fpv rins clip on a treat !! Not going to glue them on personally. Love the Glow in the dark !! Undershot. Sorry bout the bluriness Cant wait to fit to my Turbo !! Danny-boy!!
-
I got my 20psi vac/boost cobolt for $129 from autobarn dandy and a oil presure colbalt for $159.. If you get a oil presure. The correct T-Piece to use is a VDO 230.032. The standard thread in the oil sender is 1/4 NPT. (the autometer is 1/8 NPT). DONT get the oil filter sandwidth plate they try to sell you for the oil sender. it sucks arse.. Do it properly with the T - Piece Danny.
-
told ya it was easy Did you buy it from chris @ ozstick? now all you need is the touchscreen membrame (6.4" one, unless you can find a widescreen version which fits perfectly) Danny.
-
I've heard September.. But dont quote me on that, it was second hand information.. There is 2 versions of the Xcal2, ones for ford, and ones for GM.. Danny.
-
I agree.. afr in my opionion would be aiming for 12's for 300rwkw
-
no need to change caster when lowering only camber.
-
I ment the whole deal. lowered springs + camber kits..
-
he mentioned Rears (and also hinted due to audio equipment).. If there's no more adjustment its due to not having camber kits in the back as well. (Yes, you can get camber kits for the back).. Alot of places when lowering your car do not put the kits in the back, they only do the front.. because when quoting their price is normally $300-$500 more expensive.. Ie, one place quoted me $900 odd to lower car, camber kits all round, and another mod quoted $600.. I can tell you the lower price would not have the camber kits for the rear. I never knew rear camber kits were available until I asked the guy why is he more expensive.. When I called up the original $600 quote, he said "nah mate, there's enough adjustment in the rears to not require that". Weather that's true or not, I am going with the camber kit in the back on the consideration that they make a kit for the back indicating there must be a need for it.. And you have highlighted that saying that there is not enough adjustment for that. Danny.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.