-
Posts
750 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by bdennis
-
looks like the DJR kit to me...
-
Mate, I have both the Bonnet protector and XR headlight protectors on my car. I quess these days the headlight protectors are not really needed as the headlights are tough... As for the bonnet protector. Mine has been on since new and I have done 53,000Ks (including the trip around australia). Not sure if it saved me from any stone chips but I have very few on the bonnet so it must have??? Certainly I think it saves the front edge of the bonnet... Your call. You will need the "XR" headlight protectors for the XR and the XT / Fairmont ones are different. But I think you know that allready... Have a look at this thread / post. I found that the headlight protectors moved while I was away and cut into the paint / scratched the headlight... Click me All in all.. I dont mind them and am a sucker and put them on each new car I have. I must say though, the front bumper / bonnet paint on the BA is MUCH thicker than the AUII (Venom) I had. The bonnet on that after 100,000Ks looked like it had just snowed.. I had the front bumper repainted once to fix the bad chips.. (The dealer scratched it so it was a win / win situation)
-
Ok for info sake here we go. Foot note: Had AUII XR6VCT AUTO with IRS and had a number of diffs due to LSD not working after each approx 30,000K and diff clunk within 5,000km from new. Was happy with fixes in the 2 years / 100,000Km I had it. Not a bad car but BA is MUCH better Now onto the BA... Car purchased March 03 - Auto Went aronud Australia in Oct to Dec 03 - Towing a caravan (Very HOT temps) On trip, on occations had a high pitch noise from diff but came and went. Returned to Melb in January Diff developed bad LSD banging on hard lock, wine started at 95K and also drive line shunt when stoping at lights as auto shifted into 1st. (now done 40,000Km) Advised dealer, Had diff / gearbox people come and have a drive / listen. Advised to repalce diff. Waited ~6 weeks for new diff. Replaced diff. Clunks fixed but received tail shaft vibration and "limited" wine but other problems fixed. Waited 8 weeks for tail shaft balance tool. Tail shaft balanced (much better) 95K wine still there but is not bad / livable. On some occations get drive link clunk when auto drops into 1st at lights. Not concerned / anoyed about this at present. Car now done 53,500km. Apart from the time taken to get tail shaft balance tool , I am reasonably happy with the service I have received.
-
Mate, Have a look at this thread and the attachment by me. Click Me This will show you how to remove the cup holder and trans surround. The ICC facia should not be that hard once you got these bits off. The document is the how to install the mobile phone kit etc.
-
Yep. Checked the add out the other night. Very nice... I think the XY is True Blue. Top Add. Checked the FPV web site but no sight of the add for download... Bugger..
-
Im in dependant on date. BD
-
Suresh, Mate good to see more info. So I am assuming that the pic you posted is the std 17" XR rim but painted like the old rebels black with chrome edges.. (I had some on the old XW HO) Nice... I may have a play with Photoshop to see how this may look on the Phantom with Black wheels with Chrome spokes... Just on the wheel choice. I am more than happy with the 17's and 18's. As per above, the costs of replacing the tyres on the 18's are pricey due to the slightly odd size.... Keep up the good work..
-
OK here is the attachment. (Excel format in a ZIP file) So please help our friendly people at Ford out and tell them what you would like to see in the interior.. Please keep your communications to Ford limited to this subject / questionnair... Simon, Thanks for the opertunity to give our input into new Ford products. Stowage_Questionairre_ISSUED.zip
-
I received a email from Simon. He will email me the Excel sheet and I will arrange to post it.. Stay tuned...
-
Mate, Can you post the excel version so we can update electronicly and email back to you. I have my answers ready to go...
-
Top stuff. Printed it off and will fax through. Good to see Ford asking the public what they like / dislike... Come on. This is your / our opertunity to give Ford some insight into what we would like to see....
-
Hmmm. Original thread name not too nice... (a bit racist..) Updated to be a bit ricer. (oh I mean nicer.).. : BD (Mod)
-
unifex, Mate I do a 50/50 Hwy city driving. My average is around 12L/100K stock auto using Prem ULP kicking it around a bit. (Auto). In the free way on long trips it drops to 10L/100k. I drove a mates My03 (manual) the other week. "Pocket rocket".. Felt like more urge under the foot but very peeky. Compaired to the Auto T. Very linier, much larger / more comfortable inside. The WRX is quicker point to point but the T has the long legs on the Hwy. The cabin of the WRX "seemed" cramped compaired to the T (but I like my space / big car!). Also I found the seats in the WRX were a bit tight on my fat thys.. Held me in "better" compaired to the T, but on a long trip I would perfer the T. (Have driven the T around Australia Towing a 1500KG van late last year) As per above I would expect that the Insurance on the T would be far cheaper than the WRX (I pay $720 - Outer Melb for the T) Here are 2 questions for you. 1. Do you plan to Tow? 2. Do you plan to do any long trips (SA>QLD return?) If you answer yes to either of these then the T (IMHO) would the the choice.. Once you have decided what car you prefer then the options vs $ problem comes into play... Good luck. I am sure you will be more than happy with either..
-
Den_iel, Glad all is well.. I find it is typical for tyre places to have 2 goes at aligniment cos the allways stuff it up the first time...
-
nah. Not for me. Keep the spoiler and if you want add the Chrome strip from the Fairmont. The other thing you could do is add a chrome strip around the front a rear bumper (where the Fairmont has its chrome strip). I added a 5mm chrome tape line to my Phantom machine. I think it just sets it off.... my 2.7c BD
-
den_iel, Eeewwwww.. Not nice.. How did you go.. Did you get it fixed??? Question 1.. Was it there before they replaced the tyres.. Yes/ No If yes then take it to a Pedders and fork out $14 for a suspension check.. If no.. Take it to another tyre place for a second opinion.. Something is NOT right... Could be the tail shaft balance but you would also hear the vibration druming in the cabin (weel it did with mine!!) So this is unlikely..
-
hypnodoc, Mate, sorry you could not stay around for the run.. Glad you got back safely. Hope the family is well..........
-
Im with JB.... Wooohoooooo. Glad to see a fix for this one.. :gossip:
-
Live_1991, OK thanks. Just one other small thing. You may want to clean up some of the language on your forum for further posts to be left here... All, Here is the URL to the thread at ozcruise.com Click Me Per the Ozcruise site any one welcome to turn up. Again Note: This is not a Offical Fordxr6turbo.com run. BD - Mod..
-
Some people... Top form! At least no animals or small children were hurt during this experiment!
-
live_1991, Mate, thanks for the update. I have tried the www.ozcruize.com site and it times out. (no response) Please advise the name of the cliub that is organising this run?. More info required ASAP if this thread is to remain. Thanks. BD - Moderator...
-
XR6na, Mate. I have used the std spade connectors just pushed in there. I did mine over 12 months ago and have not had any issues (have been on some fairly bumpy roads over the 50,000KM + in that time also.
-
To the top of the class Mondie.. Yep, the Turbos still go to FPV for Intercooler plumbing. I think they also fit the GT rear wing there also.
-
51xrt, Yep. I think you will find the issue the same on ALL cars. Manual and Auto (including the ones with the adjustable pedals.) A right pain in the butt
-
This is ALLWAYS used in motor racing, and can be used when "playing" on the street when doing down shifts in either Manual OR auto. It is allways better to match the RPM for the lower gear as you select it. Keep an eye out for it during the next V8Supercar telecast.. They normaly do at least 1 foot shot during the telecast.. You will need to be quick though. The 6 speed manual hollenger gear boxes they use in the V8's are bullet proof. When up shifting they do not use the clutch at all. and a down shift is VERY fast....
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.