-
Posts
270 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by boosted_sa
-
that equates to about 75000km when taking into consideration the way you drive ← and the power output!
-
Very nice looking seat ms700!!!
-
Toddy, welcome! roughly any where from 185-205rwkw.
-
Like all the others said Phoon, looks great! good job!
-
personally I would go the hybrid, you can get it cheaper from modyourcar.com. There are some pleased costomers with the wog cooler though and it's apparently simple to fit!
-
AFRs should be fine, If any thing the car will overboost and go into limp mode (only lasts roughly 60secs or you can turn the car off to reset). My car was over boosting and going into limp mode after dump pipe and cat. Dont stress the std computer has heaps of protection so it will hit safe mode before breaking stuff.
-
Sorry haven't followed any stereo upgrades, Do you guys still use the factory cd players or have you installed units where the tissue holder goes? If so where do you get the tissues to give the Expensive Daewoo guys when you slow down???
-
Yeah bought the cooler because it was roughly the same dimensions as the APS cooler (only 49mm higher), but at a much cheaper price. It is roughly the same size as the mazda RX2-5 cooler from PWR so you can find the price out from their website. I got it cheap from a dealer because it was display stock and the car it was intended for didn't go back and pick it up. Collin as its effiency, I'm sure it should be fine. there are some 9sec RX3s getting around with the same design also some of the quickest XR6Ts (APS equiped). Will still be a while off getting tuned and stuff cause I still need valve springs. Kym
-
Aero2 cores are only 300mmH, this was custom made for a Supercharged Commodore! just so happens that I was in the right place at the right time and it was perfect size. The Aero2 coolers are good value for money though. Cheers for cleaning up the Post Adam
-
Fitted the New cooler today PWR (470L x 400H x 90Wmm). If you don't want to go near your car with a grinder don't attempt this!!! Takes up all the room in the front. Still have to change the battery to the other side and run a new IC pipe from Cooler to Plenum Will advise on completion. Kym
-
4'' Dump & cat $800-1000, injectors $600, custom tune $1200-1500, Intercooler upgrade $500-900, Fuel Pump $160, Actuator upgrade $??? around $500. All up that's $3700-4700. Should be a reliable 300+rwkw! how much do you want? If its Man you'll have to upgrade the Clutch ($800ish) dont know bout the 6sp auto.
-
Does any one have an idea of where I can mount the air cleaner as my trans cooler is is in the rhs front guard. I dont really want to move my battery but it looks as though I'll have to. Maybe I can get 2x2.25" inlet tubes under the bettery with twin pods on the front. Any Ideas/sugestions appreciated??? Oh I'm doing this because I've baught a new cooler and wont be using the IC outlet to plenum pluming. Cheers, Kym
-
It will fit you just have to get an adapter made at an exhaust shop, as the Turbo & XR8 exhaust is twin 2 1/4". there should be a power increase, dont know how much. You'd be better off gettin a set of extractors aswell.
-
Thanks Adam, Think I might have to get me one of those!
-
Hey Eugene, How much was the tool worth?
-
Intercooler With No Cutting Involved?
boosted_sa replied to CSV_LS1's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
Yeah I'm pretty sure they use an ADRAD core! -
They dont make the cooler higher because the core used is a std Hybrid core (450mmL x 300mmH x 75mmW)! Think Hybrid only do a max 300mmH core. I havent seen any higher than that any way! I to think it would be a much more attractive kit if it was an extra 100mm higher!
-
sounds the goods! keep us posted with results!
-
Comments were directed to Jaeyon, who should be able to make good money when he completes his degree. I was lucky to have a very smart wife, who also had a degree, and we were making very good money between us when we were 22. It was a matter of a good savings plan and sticking to a budget. Too many people don’t back themselves, and give up too easily, and so never really get started. You need to get good advice from positive people. My eldest son (25) should get a property next year in Sydney, given some intensive savings over the past 2 years, and he has still found some money to mod his Sti. (it’s in his blood). Brian ← It's all about choices! Wish I made a choice to go to uni, instead of the Air Force. There is no way for me to get promoted with in the next 7 years, so I'll be stuck on the wage I'm on for ages! no ova time, just leave in lui. Might look at doing Uni part time. I'm not doing to bad for myself, 23yo, own a 20" ski boat, nearly own my T, and have a massive mortgage, oh and getting married in Feb next year, oh and OWN a 73 Datsun 1200 sedan, my pride and joy (12" wheels, black vinyl interior and caracter building rust holes). But like they say "doesn't matter how much you have, you always want more"! wish I could just be happy with what I've got! And yes the grass is always greener on the other side...
-
If that's the case Goldie, a simple Aftermarket electronic booost controller will fix the problem! Main problem will be the compression (std think they run ova 10:1, lil high for boost) thicker head gasket will help. Unless you're only running std boost, then you should have a nice torquey std turbo. Good luck with every thing mate, it's a good project! maybe with all the $$$ you saved you can chuck a decent set of rods and slugs in it!!!
-
Brian, with all respect that just isn't possible any more (unless you're earning 100k pa+). Paid a mortgage off in 7 years!!! that's insain. I'm in Adelaide where the house prices are much lower in regards to Syd, Mel and I will be lucky if I pay the house I'm in ATM before I'm 40 (I'm currently 23). Think I just need a higher paying job! yeh that's it! more money will solve it
-
I'm with Jaeyon, I'm ova the auto and if I could have afforded a 6 speed at the time of purchase, I DEFFINATLEY would have done it!!! The Auto is good for towing the boat and the drag strip! Oh and City driving, but crap for the track or a fun drive though the hills IMO. I would love to change into a 6 speed man but the government wants to much money form me to change ova! pucken government!!!
-
All I can say is "Goose Bumps"! That makes the hair on the back of my neck stand up! Is there any good footage of any T's out there like that?
-
yeah whats available and where???
-
I think the other half needs one of these!!! I'm sure she does, she just doesn't know it! YET
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.