Jump to content

xrboss8

Member
  • Posts

    156
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by xrboss8

  1. Just out of interest what do you reckon a new beefed up bottom end would cost. I ask as mine is at ford currently being inspected and I don't like my chances of warranty
  2. What a stupid thread!!!!!!!!!!!
  3. bump
  4. Has anyone got wiring diagrams of how the starter button loom is connected and if it can connect straight to a xr6t mk1 loom or do I need to cut wires.
  5. xrboss8

    I'm New

    Welcome to the forum Goran, I take it your in Adelaide?
  6. But I'm really reluctant to go that route and and am hoping that my relatively conservative driving style will be enough to allow the stock gearbox to live with DW's tune for a good while. If your going to be conservative then I really see no point to DW tune, sounds like you just want bragging rights. And I don't hold much hope for a T5 as mine is noisy only after a night with tune. Not to mention the car is at ford with serious engine internal problems.
  7. wouldn't it be cheaper to sell the mk1 and get into a mk2 for a gearbox conversion. I too would love to fit a t56 to my mk1 but would of thought it be cheaper just to trade for a mk2. maybe with the bf have 6 speeds across the range of xr6 the t56 may get cheaper and more readily available.
  8. Didn't get the car on the dyno at all. Unfortunately had heaps of hassles trying to load my box with nicks base tunes, then once finally got tunes in car, took car home to prep for dyno and had a very bad noise in the top front of the engine. As dynowog said removed the oil filler cap and found more than half of it missing and also badly cracked. So now it's sitting at ford waiting for a prognosis. Will have to wait till I catch up with the dynowog till the tune is finished and the figures come up on the dyno. But as our fuel quality is no where near as good as melbournes I dare say power figures will be down from tunes in melbourne unless I throw octane booster in every tank. But a message to all. CHECK YOUR OIL FILLER CAP. I'm not the only one this has happened to.
  9. Yeah I'm in. +1 xrboss8 for the wogedit. Just a shame that outside influences have ruined a good oppurtunity for adelaide T owners.
  10. What's bling about that. might stop the ice in the esky from melting so quick.
  11. If it's a manual you want then it will be a mkII you want. Especially if your going to mod as the t56 will handle alot more than the t5. While your at it might as well get one with prem sound and prem brakes. There the main 2 options you should really look for. Goodluck
  12. how can you tell if there a second or first gen cooler anything physically different
  13. Still the same. Why change a good thing? <{POST_SNAPBACK}> Because it might be better. That's why there's new models
  14. Didn't move any power steering line/cooler. Mine is a late 2003 xr6t 5m. My mate also fitted a cooler on his 2004 t auto and his power steering cooler was different to mine he had a lower and upper cooler where as I only had an upper. Didn't really notice much difference with just the cooler fitted. About the same as going from a standard intake to 2 cai and filter. I imagine it will be a lot different with a zorst and tune. If I was looking at big rwkws I'd probably go a hybrid cooler, but with doing that it looks like a bit of mucking around as air con pipes would have to be moved and I'd imagine a little more grinding on the body. I went the PWR simply because of ease of install and it is going to get me to the powers that are still capable of the 5 speed. If I had a T56 then it would be a different story. If you put this in your self you'll probably walk away with 300 change from your 1200.
  15. Anyone in adelaide doing it. I want too.
  16. Just fitted the pwr cooler to my t on saturday. Was a pretty easy fit, only took three hours. did involve grinding some body work away to get it to fit, but not much. Still running standard exhaust and have second cold air with bmc filter. Haven't had it tuned yet as other mods to go on. Had it on the limiter and there has been no signs of limp mode. Have a go at fitting it your self. Only need to manafacture one bracket and replace your top pipe with about a 6 inch length of silicon pipe.
  17. I thought that with the edit you can alter transmission line pressures. Isn't that what the shift kit does. If so, if you had an edit then surely you wouldn't need the shift kit. do correct me if I'm wrong.
  18. You will be getting your extra 30rwkw before the fuel price drops.
  19. The kit's done what it's meant to, get noticed. Got to admit looks good for an XT.
  20. xrboss8

    Typoglycemia

    taht is azmanig. I gesus I hnvaen't dunrk all my bairn clels aawy.
  21. Ford should give these guys a T and see what they can do with it.
  22. Have a look at this http://www.cervinis.com/welcome.html
  23. When are they in production, the missus is looking at a new car
  24. There's already one fitted standard.
  25. It all comes down to how you drive the car. Had a BA XR8 manual ute and more often than not got between 13 and 15 l/100. Now got an XR6T 5m sedan and getting about a litre less or two. and if I was realy trying economy could be on 11 l/100. Economy comes down to how its driven.
×
×
  • Create New...