-
Posts
421 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Dannopower
-
there has been no mention of a Power increase in any of the releases, maybe they will announce it soon as if the mention an Increase of XR8 power, gives away that the GT would aswell... I'll wait and see, if everything else in the range gets more KW im almost sure the XR8 and GT would aswell XR8 Looks hot aswell You'd think that wouldn't you.... Lets just hope that there hasn't been any weight increases, and maybe even infact a few decreases. Its doubtful but heres hoping! Looks like I'll be thrashing a new T from power ford in the near future once more. Oh and those fuel economy figures are unreal, if that truely is a representation of reality (remembering we own a mk1 Ghia) then when we upgrade I'll be one happy chappy... That is of course if I can't convince the financial supplier of the house (my old man) to get into a T.... I cant see how installing this new tough 6 speed auto would decrease any weight!
-
I cant believe they havent added a lower intake mesh in as standard!
-
For anyone that's interested, CAPA and some other distributors of the edit tuner box have slashed the prices!!!! I know CAPA are now selling it for $999, some dealers are a little cheaper. Capa are offering a further $300 cash back for unichips that are taken out when the edit is installed!!! I have been told from the guys at Xtreme that for anyone thinking of buying both the Flash tuner and getting it custom tuned on any of their trips, it will work out cheaper to buy it from Xtreme than the other dealers. The price of a tune for another pre bought box will be more expensive than if the box was bought from Xtreme. Hope this helps!
-
Its probably a worth while small $ investment for anyone that's changing the pump to buy some new fuel lines from Ford before you start. The little plastic premoulded plugs on the end of these lines are pretty crap and dont like being taken off the top of the swirlpot. Plastic on plastic, its kwality with a capital K!
-
last ran 273rwkw with 14psi tapering off to 9 at high rpm as it leaned out. That was stock fuel system and injectors, like yoot siad it gets hot and dies in the ass. I have made several changes to the fuel system and air system but havent had a run in it yet. My edit tune needs to be adjusted to match the new mods.
-
Sorry I didnt make it back in time! Finished Squash about 10pm, figured you would be all at home with bellies full buy then. Looking forward to doing something again soon! Thanks to Bugster for organizing, nice to meet you! Remember, if anyones interested in getting their car custom tuned with the Edit software Right here in Canberra in the next few weeks, im organizing it, so pm me!
-
Awesome mate! That sounds like so much fun! I wish we had a dragway here in Canberra! Might have to come for a drive one wednesday night and see if my 12.9sec G-tech time is full of crap or not!
-
I have a 4 inch magic performance cat on my ute, picked up 17rwkw. Its an alloy substrate core called "Stelite" I think. No plates, and its a small bodied cat, about the size of a large stubby cooler! Cost me $300, then about $400 to get the custom pipe work done in order to install it.
-
Meshman- It will mount in front of my radiator just above the intercooler. MS700- Thanks for the tip! hope to see you at dinner!
-
Ended up buying one from PWR. There a great looking little unit, and I have also been to Enzed and bought all the fancy fittings and braided hoses to hook it all up when it arrives! Whole lot including cooler, annodized screw on fittings (no crappy hose clamps!), and braided lines $340! Ill have to get some pics when its all done!
-
The costs will be worked out when the expenses are finalized. They have sorted a site for the Canberra Dyno session for a very reasonable rate, which should keep the costs down. We need to get a couple more from the ACT to get that rolling, as we have 4 confirmed on the list and need about 6 to get going!!
-
I have a bonnet protector on my Mandarin ute, but I had the back of it painted mandarin, and I think its looks awesome! It actually adds to the look of the front!
-
Canberra is a definate Starter! Time, places and $ to be advised!
-
I need a trans cooler for my turbo, and was just wondering who has installed one in their 6T and what did they get? How much $ and do you think they are worth it?
-
Sounds good boys! Im in! Just let me know when and where?
-
Count me in....Very Keen!! Done mate, PM sent! Any more???
-
Close but no cigar, I at least have lowered the risk of bending something that should be straight! At least for now its running a bit better with the fuel pump upgrade! 300rwkw, that would be nice, and may just be capable with some other tricks up my sleeve. For now the injectors are nice to look at, till the rest is done! Hopefully I can get there thursday, Have to run a trade competition at CIT on Thursday afternoon. fingers crossed!
-
Well, I got them today, the guy actually drove them to me at the All Ford Day at Warwick Farm today! (Great day BTW) Absolutely perfect condition, all 8, $500. Have to see about getting them installed soon and a retune! Maybe a transmission cooler first!
-
Still not exactly 100% with times etc, but they did say there would be somewhere on the North Side. As far as your nos, I would say you better contact simon about that. www.xtremefordtuning.com If you wanna check the list and add your name as unconfirmed but interested, or let me know and I'll ad your name.
-
Dr Z, you are undoubtedly the guru of posts on this forum, well done mate!
-
Car talk, food and beers! Who wouldnt be interested! Keep me posted!
-
Its a good point mate, and one im sure Simon has thought about plenty. That is why his air mail flash tunes are pulling awesome times already. The amount of research, development and time these guys have spent getting things right for their customers is unbelieveable. Let me ask this, How many tuners do you know OWN a GT-P, Typhoon and a XR6 Turbo just so they can use these cars for their development work, rather than compromising any customers cars with experimental programming? There wouldnt be too many with that attitude for development. If your concerned though Im sure if you give Simon or Chris a call they could give you their own explanation, as I dont work for them or anything so I can really only point out the facts and figures that I know from following Simons work since about October last year. He has helped me out plenty of times over the phone and via email, and for $0, just for the fact he likes to see what people want to achieve from tuning up their cars, and help reaching that goal.
-
The boys are looking at flights as we speak, and the list has about 10 confirmed and a sh*tload of interested people once prices and dates are worked out!
-
Sorry mate, not less than $100 for 8, that would be robbery! Less than $100 each, actually $62.50, less than half! Bought! They are Green and the numbers are exactly as required! Genuine as! $500 shmackerroos~! Pick them up on sunday!
-
Thanks Mate, I'll be sure to let you know how I go!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.