Jump to content

bjwortley

Member
  • Posts

    80
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bjwortley

  1. Thanks mate Have heard to steer clear from non-genuine FPV ones Have made some phone calls today and found some NICE wheels, the guy has basically talked me into 20s though, still want 19s im guessing better performanc, more tyre variety etc? Brand is called STANCE wheels, they have some rippers, but must be ordered in from the states :(
  2. Thanks fr33 I really want to get myself a set of new wheels too Love the look of orignal dark argents ( I have twisties at the mo) but argents are only 8 wide, these with nitto any good or am I better off going wider fitting wheels, found some nice varrstoens 19 x 9.5 front and 19 x 10.5 rear?
  3. Had a heads up today from my tuner I went to see saying Nitto-Invo tyres are pretty decent at hooking up? Really need some traction so I can smash my mate in his e3 maloo he is letting everyone know he beat me the other day as the ol' f6 ute just didnt want ANY traction off the line, help a brother out!
  4. Thanks alot Bellato you know your stuff Great to hear feedback from helpful members!
  5. I definitely want to go with Bruce because of recommendations and his pricing seems very reasonable I was more so blown out the water with the figures he told me, it got me really excited! He mentioned something about not being able to use a new 4inch dump on a stock system, is that correct? I basically want to spend no more than 2-2.5k for the time being for my first lot of mods, so im guessing tune, hi flow cat and.....?
  6. Totally agree, I guess I just had a bit of a goal to get 350rwkw seemed like a nice number and will probably make my butthole twitch quite considerably with a smile from ear to ear (no *beep*) when driving it!
  7. Sorry he also mentioned they mod the air intake aswell (drilling holes in the box or something)
  8. Ok, so you think I could achieve better grip with the standard 8 inch wide but just decent tyres on it?
  9. Looking at first stage of modding fg f6 ute Rang Heinrich performance down here in Adelaide, apparently this guy is the man when it comes to Ford turbs Anyway, he said with just a flash (x cal 3) I would be around 350 rwkw? and then with a hi-flow cat aswell would be around 370 rwkw? is this legit? seems very high for such small mods?
  10. Thanks guys I completely understand and dont expect it to ever react like a wrx, was just hoping to lose a bit of the bouncy/floaty feel it gets when the road is a little bumpy around bends etc if that makes sense? Not boat-like but doesnt feel overly stable either Sounds like for what im after the monroe gp/kings combo may be ideal Just weighing up the difference the bilstein vs monroe front end would make handling/comfort wise
  11. Thanks bellato- bit more technical than I thought Best bet may be to stick with the 19s and go wider though, 9.5 front 10.5 rear hmmm I struggle to pick a pair of shoes let alone a set of wheels!
  12. @ Mummba, your F6... so tidy! I love the look of the FPV dark agents but there only narrow arent they? I just really seem to struggle with traction, MAINLY straight off the line, so I figure wider wheels and some fresh rubber? At the moment I just have the standard 19inch twisties
  13. Wogpot thanks mate this is for a ute so does that mean I dont need to camber, guard roll etc lol? Thanks Bellato will check that out now!
  14. Stiffen up so it handles better I dont want to feel every bump on the road like a go kart though, but coming from a wrx would like a bit more stick through the turns and trusting in the suspension Thanks guys
  15. Howdy After seeing lots of wheels discussions and photos I thought this would be the best place to post I have found these wheels to suit 350z or newer 370z (this is my first issue, as I have no idea about stud pattern) The sizes are 20x 9 (+15mm offset) front and 20 x 10.5 (+28mm offset) Here is the wheel http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=360430622791&fromMakeTrack=true&ssPageName=VIP:watchlink:top:en Any help would be appreciated thanks guys!
  16. Almost had my mind set on a Bilstein/Kings combo for fg f6 ute after advice from others and turns out I was talking to an old client at the gym who works for Monroe and said he can do a Monroe gt sport lowered coupled with king springs for a pretty dam good price for me, around 780 (front coils, rear leafs, front struts rear shocks according to him) Obvioulsy if these are no good I wouldnt want to make my ride worse than is, but the price seems very good (around 1000 under what I was going to be spending) Thanks Finding alot of stuff on Commodores using this set up when I google it, no such luck with any ford owners out there? Fg ute series?
  17. http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FALCON-FG-FPV-GT-XR8-BOSS-BONNET-STEEL-BRAND-NEW-/121114386831?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c32fae18f&_uhb=1 Seems very reputable and the feedback from the seller seem good
  18. Anyone fitted an aftermarket GT style bonnet to a FG style falcon? Have an F6 ute and have a ding in the bonnet, cant get it removed without a respray and can get a aftermarket GT bonnet for about $400 unsprayed so im considering just getting that, just dont want a crappy fit!
  19. Ok thanks guys Mine is only stock at the moment but want to build up to 350rwkw that should be plenty, although I'm sure once I get there and get used to it I will want more again lol On some 'sealed private roads' me and a mate in his e3 maloo had a play around and I just couldn't get any grip of the line, was so frustrating! At a 60km 2nd gear roll on, it was a different story ;-) f6 FTW
  20. Was also interested in these tyres What have people found best grip back end on a f6 ute? Dont want to spend mega bucks to be honest and these achillies seemed like a winner but freaky didnt seem too happy with them?
  21. Whats the going rate for a intercooler set up to achieve 350rwkw? I hear alot of guys mentioning process west So intercooler Injectors Valve springs Hi flow cat Also hearing 4inch dump pipe?
  22. Thanks fellas Hmm now just to decide whether its worth the effort/risk (would hate for the re-spray to be slightly off color or something)
  23. Had a play arond with this last night with my ute on some 'closed private roads' Only used traction control on and was still lighting up like a boss, had to be dabbing the clutch a bit, was great fun though Did about 3, how bad do you think this is for the car? I wasnt 'dumping' the clutch but wasnt riding it out too slow either. These f6's sure do know how to make you smile :-D
  24. Looks good Evo! What manufactuer are the wheels?
  25. Yep me and the old man had a good crack at some polish today, looks alot better but still very evident, so mud flaps went back on Your right, it does sound like alot of work, how long was your turn around?
×
×
  • Create New...