Jump to content

DCVIN

Member
  • Posts

    224
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by DCVIN

  1. I think I have seen the same one... has an orange gt wing as well and they have tried to make some fancy graphics from the stripes that go up the side then continue into the boot and onto the spoiler.. it looks wrong! they are my favourite colour combo and that is just wrong!!! I saw it on newcastle st near the ford dealer.. wouldnt be suprised if it someone that works at ford...
  2. So was it a Walbro, a modified Walbro or a modified stock pump? ← Its a modified stock one from simon... works well. plus if you ever had a warrenty issue I doubt ford could ever blame the pump as its the same.
  3. Spotted "BABOOST" on Beachborough road.. blueprint and let me tell you sorry if this is someones wife/mrs but from the back she looked hot as! Why is it everytime I see another T I am never in my car!
  4. Someone must know this guy?
  5. Get some alpine type X's they are the bomb
  6. I know Morley used to sell alot of fusion stuff.. but they have changed to westside car audio.. they might still have them .. not sure if morley is too far for you. 9275 7044 I personally am a fan of Alpine.. looks good.. sounds good and works! sub box looks good! would love to know what it sounds like.. you might have to make me one!
  7. DCVIN

    Sat Nav

    no one with sat nav have an aftermarket deck? also with the premium screen has anyone noticed the quality of the picture even with the blaupunkt box is not the best.. or is that just mine?
  8. well aftermarket decks you can get for around 300 - 500 for a good one.. that will do everything you need! do you really want to pull out you icc and play with the boards on that! good luck with ford if anything electical is wrong with the car.. that is an expensive bit to replace.. and for me it was a mission just to change the face let alone solder it!
  9. I reckon get yourself a seperate deck and mount it in the tissue box.. looks fine. and run all ya amps off that and the sound will be awsome.. I had a ported box in my old car.. it was very very loud with 2 type r 12's I now have a sealed box and its alot punchier!!! really good for any sort of music! if you listen to alot of rap or rnb then ported is always good as you get deep base... they do this for SPL comps.. well I am not 100% on that cause I dont know much about audio just from what I had in my cars.. sealed sounds good.. but I you have all the right dimenions ported can work very well 2!
  10. DCVIN

    Sat Nav

    Anyone have the BA Satnav Blaupunkt DX-V running with an aftermarket audio setup as in a seperate deck and speakers etc.. is there any issues with doing this? currently I have the blaupunkt box with the lead for the prem sound and that runs off a dvd/deck.. when you add in the sat nav will you no longer be able to use the dvd player? any info would help! With the map CD is it a CD or DVD and where do you buy the latest maps from?
  11. DCVIN

    Dyno Sheet

    I am not up there with how this stuff all works.. but that looks similar to my graph.. and simon from xtreme tuned my car and he said that its the valve springs at their limits.. change them and you should be fine...
  12. hahaha! classic! best comment ever "What a cheese dic k." says it all really
  13. Well I was informed that they had the same issue that I have been having with this dam whine that is driving me insane.. and they have fixed theirs.. so want to ask them what I should do.. they had to get something made specially so I am told... Why.... out of interest? ←
  14. It the light sky blue.. MKII only I think
  15. Hi guys.. I am in desperate need to contact an XR6T owner by the name of Adam.. from around the Straton area, Velocity XR6T with a huge white sticker on the back "H@SV......." Usually his Mrs is driving.. If anyone knows him or can put me in contact with him it would be much appreciated.
  16. harsh but fair.. I think it is a bit rough.. but we all go though it pay more at the start then it gets better... I am only 21 but the t is under the old mans name for insurance.. pay about a grand for 31k insured I think that is rough.. given a clean record.. but I was lucky they even insured me.. the company I am with wont insure you if your under 25 with a turbo.. the lady stuffed up and gave me a written quote with my name and age as the desg driver.. so they had to insure me.. and its not bad hbf (wa only I think) let you insure non standard mods up to 30% of the cars value! but I agree with jet.. 18 on p plates.. still learning.. Not saying I am an expert driver but when your younger you tend to try out things.. the T is a powerful car to have.. may as well just pay it and STFU complaining about it on here wont do much for ya!
  17. I thought it was just me... I have the same Late 2003 BA T and just had the diff done.. and I noticed yesterday that there is a knocking sound and it seems to be on bumps and take off sometimes... I have the battery in the boot and thought it might be that making the noise.. Mark when they changed your diff did they change the "bush" that holds it all in place.. I had to be without my car for 2 days to wait for the special "bush" they said it has a few problems and mine was cracked.. I also think it could be the bush not sitting correctly or just setteling.. I have to take it back anyways cause they "fixed" the steering shudder for the 5th time but my wheel now has to be turned a bit to the left for me to drive straight! I have all the luck!
  18. go see Simon.. worry about the bill later!
  19. see more money! not even safe of the forum! simon I hear your going to do me a great deal on some springs! your the best!
  20. Well I finally got the car on the dyno! I am very happy with it! Simon has worked his magic on it. Even though it has a stuffed diff and or gearbox which I am waiting for ford to changeover The car is driving strong. Simon tells me I need to change the valve springs.. Every time I speak to simon it costs me alot of money! Simon is a top bloke and can work wonders with these cars! If your in WA you must go see Simon.. Its well worth the drive to his house just pack some lunch. Honestly Simon is the man to see for your XR6T.. wouldnt let anyone else work on my car! Thanks again Here is the dyno chart..
  21. Yep I must say good exhaust for the money.. when I was looking.. got heaps of quots well over 2k.. I got mine from sydney cost $850 full SS system from CRD Performance in Sydney. Not super loud but seems to be ok for performance and like Xtreme said well finished system.
  22. Stop telling lies Simon we know you dont have any mates!
  23. Are spectators welcome? I want to run mine but wont be done in time.. dont worry simon I still think your the best! How much just for the BBQ? Also this is not some kind of elaborate april fools jokes is it? Interested to see what some people run..
  24. DCVIN

    Steering Creak

    I have taken mine to two different dealers 4 times for the steering problem.. I thought it was fixed but its coming back now! they have done all sorts of things.. so they say.. flushed the system replaced some parts even have the stainless shim.. I am going to take it back again but its just anoying! how many times do you have to take it back before they replace the whole system or will that never happen?
  25. DCVIN

    Few Questions

    Anyone here seen or have photos of the pod off the turbo mod but with the battery mounted on the right hand side where the old intake used to sit? how hard is it to do? whats involved? Also still been searching for the post about hooking up the ford audio controls from the wheel to an aftermarket deck.. I am sure I saw it on here.. can anyone help? Not to worry I found it! here is the link if anyone is interested http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...topic=21474&hl=
×
×
  • Create New...