MikeT36
Member-
Posts
77 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by MikeT36
-
PS4 for the Win none of this DRM no sharing games always online shiznit I want a console to play games not be socialble haha
-
oh with you now sounds more reasonable I though 50°was to good to be true yet alone usable
-
50° of Advance timing?? that's insane
-
I've got a phoon and have had a bit of trouble finding gauges to fit in the pod and didn't want to go aftermarket like you say they don't look as clean thanks for the info Wenier
-
Hey Wenier where did you get those gauges from? Aftermarket gauge pod?
-
Yeah pretty Norm I Believe the blocks Cast Iron, just use a wire brush to clean it up and use some high temp paint to make it look pretty again haha I could be wrong though
-
Thanks Guys just curious as back in NZ when the coils would get old on the RB's they would start misfiring so it was always easier and cheaper to setup a wasted spark system didn't know it was such old tech
-
Just Curious whether anyone has fiited a wasted spark setup to their Barras? it's quite common among the skylines with RB's back in NZ just wondering if it's ever been done?
-
Installing Center Diff Bush Short Notice
MikeT36 replied to Danxr's topic in Suspension and Handling
Don't take it to Midway Ford they are absolute Muppets!!! they tried forcing me into a car I hadn't signed a contract for all because I look young and dumb (I am) but anyway take it to Midland auto plus they are really good! -
ohh... here I was thinking it's some fangdangled new term in regards to ze turbo charger :dwarf:
-
I can't find the meaning anywhere and really want to know what it means
-
Nooo I was hoping you wouldn't say that I was wanting to wait atleast six months before the word Dyno was uttered because after I see that initial figure readout I'm only going to want to keep going up from there but for the sake of the cars health I will have to book in and contain myself
-
This will be the most awesome post you read all day I've been reading a few forums in regards to the boost gauge supplied in the Typhoons most people have been saying the needle sits around halfway under full boost in stock form, However when I hit zee Boost the needle goes right to the ultimate boost side of the boost side of the gauge, The car was previously a company car so doubt it would have had a tune but stranger things have happened, has anyone else experienced this possible sensor issue or maybe my cars been fiddled with? I posted previously about my car not feeling as awesome as my mates auto version however have been for a ride in the passenger seat and take back what I said :dwarf:
-
Most People will say turbo it but why not do something different and whack a supercharger on the side?
-
Thaks for your help guys!
-
I hear that's your response for a lot of things Henz
-
can anyone recommend a good product to remove the swirls from paintwork, I've recently bought the car and it looks like someones washed it with a harsh brush at some stage
-
Thanks Bionic
-
Hey all, Hoping for a bit of feed-back I'm new to the turbo game having bought an 07' Typhoon recently and have noticed the Bov has a flutter when I let off the gas pedal, Is this the case of a faulty bov I'm picturing It's opening and closing quickly to create the flutter I'm hearing I could be way off the 8 ball but am hoping someone can tell me whats going on, having worked on old cars most of my life the sounds turbo's make are all new to me haha Cheers
-
Hey Guys might be a silly question but any personal experience in regards to this would be awesome!! I’ve just bought a Typhoon and it’s my first Turbo car it’s six speed manual and not long after buying it my mate took me for a drive in his which is automatic, I don’t know if I’m expecting too much but the torque delivery in his car seemed to pin you too the seat whereas in mine the delivery is much more subtle, Both cars are stock so just wondering if the difference I’m feeling is because the auto holds the boost between gears,
-
Hey all, this may be the silliest question you read all day, but from what I've been reading the ecu on the fords are like a supercomputer, would I be doing any damage to the motor if I were to take out the first muffler in the exhaust (not the cat) and not damage the engine or have the boost limited? I've just bought the car so funds are a bit tight and I can't buy a new exhaust and get a tune at the moment but would like a bit more sound to be heard, Thanks for your time
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.