ONDOLE
Member-
Posts
70 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by ONDOLE
-
Mate it depends on how you drive your car, I toasted my stock clutch after 16800kms and I don't do burnouts ! I think they are definitely deliberately weak to protect the gearbox...a stock clutch should not be as weak as this one...especially on car with such high torque ! Cheers.
-
Hey guys, For all you technical guru's out there, just wondering how feasible an automatic conversion would be (I have a 5 speed manual) as I want to be able to run more power but don't want the quirks and worries of the xr6t manual box along with it....was thinking c4 auto conversion, the gearbox wouldnt be a problem that way and with a change in diff gears would definitely wake up the xr6t and turn it into a street and track warrior with the right modifications....how hard would it be to convert my car to an auto ? the c4 auto box is like 5 grand installed btw.... Cheers.
-
Yeah grenade waiting to happen....but depends on how you drive it also :banghead:
-
I will be there Cheers.
-
BLKXRT,Would enjoy a full report on what Mr Luxon has to say on that APS day :D Cheers.
-
That's from the website...and it says they just used a phase IV prototype vehicle which would mean they had upgraded fuel pump, injectors, full 3.5" hi output exhaust system, Cold air induction system, DR series intercooler upgrade and ofcourse the unichip engine management system....that whole system including the cooler would come to about $7500 by my estimates...as I've been quoted around $5500 for all of them components minus the cooler....interesting I must say..... I reckon I would go for forged pistons, billet conrods and a 6-speed manual conversion before pumping over 500 fwkw into my engine though...and something would need to be done about the rear end, the diff. just wouldnt feel right at all. Cheers.
-
511hp@wheels by APS....great stuff !! HP CHAMPION Cheers.
-
I love it ! I'm getting it done for sure !! Cheers.
-
ive got 8100 kms on mine and it goes ALOT harder than when I first bought it...so im imagining after 15000kms and service it would be a dream !
-
I can get my wastegate to flutter if I load the turbo up in a certain way and then back off..just wanna check if this is normal...I drive the 5 spd by the way... Cheers.
-
Have to grab for third before a hundred is up ??? I think not buddy...I get to about 105 in 2nd gear...nice bit of misinformation there.... Cheers
-
haha what classifies a good driver ? some people may cause plenty of accidents and have plenty of incidents but what about when they go to the track and they can hold a perfect drift line better than anyone else ? See what I mean ? There is safe driving, high performance driving etc etc have t be more specific in what you class as a good driver...
-
I've driven both, in stock form the xr6t is way more fun to drive than a rexie and alot more comfortable....but a modified wrx would be seriously fun to drive too....having said that, a modified xr6t will be sex on wheels hehe...
-
haha wet days and no traction control is f%#king awesome buddy....most fun you could ever have, just remember not to over-correct your line...if your front wheels are pointing straight your car aint going nowhere but straight ! once u get off the power it will correct itself aslong as your pointing the steering wheel as straight as possible...that's the only advice I can give you fellow drifters hehe have fun :D
-
I've run mine down to 0km and stayed that way for about 5km of driving so I could get to the petrol station...seems to be quite a variety in the accuracy of the device
-
that's a joke ! people pay $3000 for trouble-free brakes not one's that still give you problems !!
-
I reckon by the time herrod releases their kit everyone will be ready to modifiy then...its way too early to go all out on modifications for the majority of us...
-
why would anyone change into 5th from 2nd at 80km/h ??
-
find the right balance on the clutch and you should get no clunk....I don't anyway...but I can make it clunk if I want to hehe :D
-
I reckon there are wankers on both sides of any argument you look at, when it comes to cars anyway...that thread didnt seem too negative towards the xr6t, especially from the people who seemed to experience the new BA before. Cheers.
-
haha that's insane dude, great stuff 12.65 with loads of wheelspin is just ballistic !!
-
haha I highly doubt the whole car will shut down if u put an aftermarket head unit and system in it...perhaps if u tried to add components using the standard head unit this may occur... Cheers.
-
Ok guys, whats the best way to debadge my car of the turbo badges, falcon badge and xr6 badges on the side ? Cheers, and please no smart arse comments, I have decided to do this to make the car look unique and alot cleaner and I don't need people asking me why I'm doing this
-
Why on earth would you compare 4 month old test figures to newer ones ? Different days, different conditions, different launches, hell ! different test drivers even ! there could be many many factors why the times are different ....the guys from the original xr6t review may not have launched aswell as the guys from the aps review....which would suggest the different in times... Cheers.
-
not for me....I feel left out
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.