Best to compare the XR6T with a R33GTS-T, it's a great match up. When I had my stock 220KWXR8 it was the GTS by half a car length to 80KM, the GTS had a great sounding exhaust note.
Their saying you get 5rwkw, but I think you need the Helix Spacer aswell, so all up your paying a bit more than $285 to get that power. Anyway best thing for a V8 is force induction
Well a bigger Intercooler will maintain higher boost levels for much longer than the stock Intercooler. Best to get a bigger Intercooler for 260rwkw anyway.
A 6.2 0-100 is a good time which leads me to believe Ford have done something with the gearing at the top end. Correct me if I'm wrong but in that motor mag test didn't the GT get like 240RWKW, that is much more than 290FWKW
They themselves didn't understand the T's poor performance compared to their times in July 03. It wasn't tested in 47 degree temps either, that was only when they went to the outback. The dyno run indicated good power output aswell. I guess ford have done something to the gearing to slow the car down the qtr because the 0-100 time was spot on 6.2, and should result in a faster time than 14.8 qtr.
" One testament to Herrods is Cameron's GT, the herrod flagship car, well over $20k spent on various mods including a herrod edit, and a fantatsic qtr mile best time of 13.8. " Theres one happy customer, don't GT's run those times stock!!
Putting your foot on the brake and holding it at 2 grand is the same effect as towing something heavy. The auto gearbox will eventually stuff up. Better to launch like this in a manual and get a better clutch.
For me the stock brakes are fine they even feel firmer than my old AUII XR8. The steering is heavy (I like it) however I was totally surprised considering the demo car (early 03 model) felt much lighter.
In the short term you won't like the handling of the XR compared to your Rex. The XR has nothing on a Rex in cornering, however not much cars do. If your ok with that the XR with engine mods should be a treat.
Twisty drives, this SSS wins for me, I'm always altering between 2nd and 3rd never needing 1st or 4th gears. I would of thought the manual would be faster at drag racing, if it's not, well I'm glad I got the auto even more