Jump to content

Dan K

Member
  • Posts

    40
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Dan K

  1. Dan K

    Stock Dyno Run

    Finally got down to the dyno shop today to get a gauge on how my t is before starting any mods. 165kws & 343nm torque. I gotta say that I am dissappointed with the result and looking for ways to justify the low kws. 1.Auto 2.Ambient Temp 32 degrees 3.6400 km's on clock 4.Was not done in shootout mode.( operator said they do not have that mode but the one they use is very simalar ) 5.2nd gear Do you guys think these contribute enough? Can anyone make me feel better??? Ps. checked boost... Definite 6 psi
  2. Dan K

    First Real Kill

    Has anyone already lined up a stock vy ss verses stock t auto. I drove a stock 04 ss ute 6 speed the other day and was fairly dissapointed with the performance. I really did expect more punch from the v8. I know its not much of a gauge but I am sure my auto feels quicker, which says a lot considering manuals normaly feel quicker. Anyway just curious if anyone has lined up 2 stockers
  3. I spoke with one of the guys (Mario I think) at Autotechnique and he said theirs is electronic. They no longer supply mechanical because of inconsistent readings and a they are also quite noisy.
  4. Thanks Eugene. Excellent explanation. So in your cruise tune your fuel economy increased considerably from standard? If that is so sounds like a perfect sales pitch for the wife.
  5. forgive my ignorance but is the aps edit same principal as say CAPA. portable black box that flashes new settings to ecu??
  6. Q: If I upgrade injectors does this mean increased fuel delivery even at lower rpm or more to the point will fuel consumption increase at cruise eg. 100kph, or does the higher flow rate only relate to demand, ie heavier right foot
  7. Do you guys think the aps version is worth waiting for??
  8. might pay to check all hose clamps around intake area. when I first picked up my turbo it hit limp mode within 2hrs. Hose clamps were loose. Not a problem since....
  9. thanks. Funny thing is it came on yesterday as I was accelerating through 80kms, that's why I didn't even consider it to be a speed alert. I guess I must have set it there by accident...
  10. any idea jordak??????
  11. Can someone please tell me what the circled "s" means on the left hand side of the odometer? It came on today so I searched the manual and came up with zip
  12. Dan K

    Mk1 Xr6t

    I think one of those is now mine. Paid 43500 drive away
  13. this isnt sounding good! im thinking about buying one = ( I have spoken to quite a few people in the last few days and just about all said they really free up and fuel consumption comes good after about 10000ks. Anyway I love it far 2 much to be 2 concerned. In real terms around town if it uses around 18l/100k and you would be happy with 12 or 13 works out to around $25/ tank. I am quite willing to accept the trade off.....
  14. Dan K

    Mk1 Xr6t

    I picked up mine leather, premium sound, auto $43500 in bris. I had to work very hard for that though.
  15. Allen that's about what I am getting around town. I would have expected better but it is still a pup I guess
  16. Thanks for the welcome, pics on the way soon. still feeling my way on the site. You are right I bought it for the ponies but good fuel consumption would be a bonus.
  17. Hi Guys Just wondering what sought of fuel usage is common in the T. I am averaging around 18l/100km around town and about 12l/100km highway. Does this sound about right considering only 2200 kms on the clock?
×
×
  • Create New...