Jump to content

bionic_oosty

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    241
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bionic_oosty

  1. is it overspeed when u get to the same speed in 4th each time by any chance?? probably not, but worth an ask haha
  2. Yeh Paulie, you're spot on with that Mal Wood kit..looks the goods to me! Also - Does anyone know if it's normal that only 4th 5th and 6th gears slip? the other low gears work perfect on full boost.. More load up top I guess Cheers again
  3. would any of you guys buy this particular clutch kit: http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/FORD-FALCON-BA-BF-XR6-TURBO-TWIN-PLATE-CLUTCH-/150666549588?pt=AU_Car_Parts_Accessories&hash=item23146d1954#ht_526wt_960 It claims to handle upto 450rwkw and comes with a lightened flywheel...Would you change the flywheel or just the clutch?? Cheers
  4. Cheers Paulie, that was my next question. What off the shelf clutch ppl with higher power are using... I'll have a look into this Malwood clutch now, thanks dude! I've only got 1 quote so far and they wanted $2000 for a twin plate clutch and another $700 fitted
  5. yeah I'm a little confused about it. But the tuners said it's safer running lower compression anyway... Either way, it's going no where fast without a new twin plate clutch
  6. Yeh I'm not too sure hey, but they said that it was low and mine was showing 4 and they usually so 12.. They just said it acted like an N/A bottom end whatever that means. By "blow" do u mean that as in when u check your oil cap it's got water on it?? Because mine doesn't have that
  7. Thanks mate, haha yeah I can see it needing fuel regulary! $2700 for a new twin plate clutch fitted at tune shop...ouch.
  8. Ok, so got the car back this arvo. It made 326rwkw, 437hp, 690 ftlb of torque and tuned @ 14psi with a drop to 12psi. The clutch started slipping on the dyno (4th, 5th, 6th gear on the road are useless on boost). And an interesting thing they got from my car is that the compression was REALLY low and acted like an N/A bottom end showing its ignition timing as 4 instead of the usual 12... I don't know if I explained it correctly, maybe sum1 else knows what this means?? Or another factor they said is that it was really poor 95 octane fuel. But I told them what BP I got the BP Ultimate from and they said that's where all their customers fill up for a tune.. Either way, even with terrible clutch slip it still goes like crazy and it was an exciting drive home lol.
  9. Ciaran - My bad man, I just noticed I wrote 4/6/06 build.. I actually meant 4/2006 build date. Which is really close to when they MAYBE started upgrading the internals! Henz - Yeah I just seen your list of mods in your signature.. Very nice. How bad is drivability now that it has valve float? Tuner told me it's not "harmful" to the motor, more of an annoying splutter after u boot it...
  10. Ciaran - yours should def have the better internals, but that's a good sign if yours is still going strong at 270rwkw. Henz - What mods did u have for the 360rwkw tune on the stock valve springs?? Is yours a MKII? Thanks for info ppl, it's good to know what others are getting on the dyno and how reliable car is afterwards!
  11. yeah true mate, I took it to WSID last wednesday so I'd have a 'before & after' 1/4 time. But all 200 spots were full just after 6:30pm.. Tuner shafted me today and now it's dyno run is pushed back until tomorrow. Nothing worse than waiting!!
  12. Yeh I think I've found that out the expensive way haha..Ah well, I guess I'll just see how it feels and (naturally) when I want more power I'll put some stronger springs in. I'll post up what it gets this arvo. I'm still hopeful of a nice suprise when they call me! Thanks guys
  13. Hey all, So I have my BF (4/6/06 build) 6sp manual xr6 turbo at 'JEM' Performance getting it's first dyno tune. Now I know my car is sort of on the build period of when they received typhoon internals etc. My car is getting dynoed today and the tuner has told me he's only expecting 270-280rwkw because that's all the standard valve springs can handle.. I have read every possible google search relating to this and there seem to be people out there with BA models even with less mods getting closer or over 300rwkw?? Surely the standard valve springs can get it to 300, otherwise this tune feels like a complete waste of time and money considering my car already feels like its got around 250rwkw easy just with my below mods! Thoughts?? My car mods up until this tune are: *4" dump into 3" hi flow cat *Full Growler kit CAI *50% bigger intercooler *Walbro fuel pump *60 lb injectors *Brand new spark plugs *New turbo actuator * And full tank BP Ultimate just to top it off Cheers, Josh.
  14. Did a google search to find this thread, but I had an annoying sound coming from my bf xr6 and I figure I'd let people know what my 2 noises ended up being.. 1) Spare tyre strap not tight and the tyre and wooden cover was knocking. 2) Factory boot jack was not opened up enough to be tightly in its place and was banging on inside of rear quarter. Just a couple more things for yous to check if u have a frustrating noise!! It's sometimes easier to start with the the simple things
  15. Hey all, my names Josh and I recently converted from an 04 VZ SS 6sp to an 06 BF XR6T 6sp in bionic. I've only had it for 2 weeks and I'm loving this car! I've added a Growler kit and did a full synthetic oil change so far. I've done alot of forum browsing and decided that I'll be happy with adding a hi flow cat, 2nd hand F6 cooler and getting a dyno tune. Oh and adding he dark F6 wheels with suspension! Oh and I've ordered plates XRT.747 which should turn up any day now. Before any1 jumps on the Expensive Daewoo bagging wagon - Both cars I found to be on par power wise, but honestly I think the interior build quality of the SS is a little better ... The easy power and potential of the xr6t got me and I'm happy with the switch haha.
×
×
  • Create New...