-
Posts
50 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by harvo
-
Just after some opinions on replacing my current twin 2.5" xforce system with a straight 4" off the cat and a muffler dumped in front of the diff. Part of the reason for doing it is the xforce is way to quite for my liking, it scrapes on just about everything and since fitting a tray it's pretty much dissappeared under the back somewhere. Already has the 4" dump pipe and 5" cat just dont want it to be obnoxious loud. Also has anyone had good or bad experiences with v band clamps instead of bolted flanges on exhaust systems. Cheers Dan
-
Need to go low and wide to pull off 18's 18 x 10 +45 +20mm bolt on's (on front), should be lower but handles like it's on rails as is Ordinary pics but +1 for the 18's, P45's from rota come in wide
-
Hey there, I've just spit the rear lights out of my BF ute and was wondering what's the best stuff to use to get the remainder of the old adhesive off. I don't think I seen it mentioned anywhere here, I've got a few options to try but would be good to know whats the go for cleaning this sh*t off. Cheers Dan
-
It's so obvious! The under side is still shiny and reflecting the heat as it was intended by ford, but then, any heat that is absorbed by the heat sheild will be disipated quicker due to the witch craft like properties of the black up top.
-
Thanks guy's Was thinking about stripping them for a coat of paint, thought a good clean and re-grease might be the ticket. Think I might even have a bit of grease to do the job too. Cheers
-
I went through the box of stuff that came with the car when I brought it and there was an old pad in there with the part number still readable, so all sorted bar the suspect caliper I know there suposed to float but just seems excessive to me. Need to track down a service manual for to check specs on the brakes.
-
Yeah your right mate, it just has the standard XR rear brakes and I think there more then good enough on the ute. With the brembos up front and 295 R888 semi slicks it stops really well, over kill for the street. The back end dose squirm around a bit under hard braking but that's probably more to do with the mechanical 2 way diff.
-
The pads I got where listed for BF all models exc XR & fairmont giha, no where did it say anything about an xr6/xr6t/xr8 so I assumed all models covered these. Old mate at the parts place told me ford released a BF model designated as an XR being different to the XR6/XR8 range. My ute isn't an F6 it's an 06 BF xr6 turbo, the previous owner put the 4 pot brembos on the front with dba5000 rotors, that's why I'm not sure about the rears and wethere or not they have been upgraded aswell. Cheers
-
Can't quite stretch the guards out enough to cover these bad boys? What about a wide body type set up same style as the factory tub flares out just more aggressive, something like these R34 rear guards blended in? food for thought
-
hello there, So my car has started making a grinding sort of noise from the rear end and a slight vibration when brakes are applied. I thought it was just the pads on there way out so I grabbed some new pads and set about changing them out, but once I had the wheels off (appart from having got the wrong pads to start with) the floating section of the caliper seems (to me) to have an excessive amount of play on the slides, up/down/side to side. So question is are the calipers serviceable or will they need to be replaced, also how can I identify what rear brakes I have as the pads I got today are about half the size of the ones in there now, I checked the listing myself at the part place and were listed as BF all models excluding XR and Fairmont Giha, Thought they may be the pbr upgrade (has 4 pot brembo fronts) but not sure how to tell. Cheers Harvo
-
+1 for the fat 18's
-
I was only looking at these wheels last night for my bf ute, can't wait to see finished pics. Currently running 18x9 +-? front and 18x10 +45ish rear both with bolt on spacers around 20-25mm a piece and would like proper fitting wheels.
-
Plazmaman 1200Hp Intercooler/plenum And Window Squirter Bottle?
harvo replied to harvo's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
sorry, just had an epiphany theres an oil cooler tucked in behind where the passenger side fog light used to live, now I need an alternative cos I work in an open cut mine dust can be an issue and not being able to see where your going at warp speed isn't good either. -
Hi guys, A quick question for anyone that might know, when I bought my ute (BF) it came with a box full of random bits and pieces including the window washer bottle? I'm assuming that because of the intercooler pipe work there's no room left down inside the bumper where it normally lives or should it still fit back in? or failing that is there an alternative set-up that can be used. any info would be appreciated before I go ripping in it. Cheers Dan
-
what about a self leveling clear epoxy resin poured over to seal the timber/stainless inserts?
-
Copy that, espically when your staging at the drags and you've forgot to turn off the f#@kin t/c
-
Could cruise to the off street drags sunday sesion to race and/or watch, or what about a skid pan day at eastern creek? Get to cut loose without so much wear and tear. An actual cruise for me is a bit hard as the cruise to the cruise is longer then the cruise it's self, but a cruise to an event or something would be sweet. Full payment up front would sort out the whimps Cheers Dan Ps: hi
-
This thread is awesome, just read all 10 pages when all I wanted to do was look at pictures of shiny stuff. Have been looking at getting a factory type tray but after reading this might just build one. thanks for inspiration guys
-
Can'o worms huhh? Been driving very cautiously today t/c still came on 5th gear, just starting to build boost pulling up a slight hill on the highway. I'm sure it had more to do with the sh*tty road then anything else. I too lack this dsc and have suffice with "human interface" it's quite easy to turn off though anyway, this is the culprit Thought about putting these back on the rear but I dont think they'll help with this weather that where having Cheers Dan
-
Yeah fair enough, thanks mate Might have to hit the skid pan at eastern creek to get a good feel for it and what its going to do
-
The rear steps out to the left
-
I was thinking along those lines too but I think I'll leave it on untill it stops raining and keep it off boost. Just out of intrest ive noticed when it dose brake traction it always goes to the left? Just the camber of the road or could it be something else? Cheers guys
-
Yeah the tyres probably dont help not sure what sort power its putting out on low boost but it punches out just over 390 kw at the rears on high(havent gone there yet). Going through a malwood clutch and kaaz 2 way locks up pretty hard.
-
Hi guys, sorry if this has been covered already I have searched I just brought a BF ute with a few mods already done, Its the first kind of serious car ive owned. So its pretty much rained continually since I got it and I havent been game to turn the t/c off and was wondering how bad it is to, umm, abuse it for lack of a better word. It'll spin 1st, 2nd and 3rd in the wet or dry with ease. Just want to make sure its not going to freak out the electrics. Cheers Dan
-
Hi, Im Dan Been lurking on here for a while now and thought I should get amongst it. Just picked my first falcon, its a silver bf ute with a few mods and its freakin awesome (I think so anyway) bit of overkill for a work ute but you get that on the big jobs. Anyway I'll probably put some pics up at some point and I'm sure I'll be needing to pick the collective cesspool of knowledge Cheers Dan
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.