Jump to content

crunk81us

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    52
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by crunk81us

  1. doesnt matter now anyway.. car stolen 3 days ago :'(
  2. wow!! too big a job.. lol I think I'll give it a miss.. thanks for your replies I was hoping to not have to buy another 'bullet" for programming..
  3. Ok so I am wondering if I can take all of my xr6t computers, dash, stereo, etc and swap them to another ba.. can I get around taking it to ford by changing all the components on the CAN? if so.. could you pretty please tell me what they all are? or point me to an article that tells me?
  4. should look like a fairmont I assume
  5. Hi all, just wondering if a fairlane front end can be bolted onto a falcon.. ba series only. Been searching for ages, can only find a vague reference to a fairlane with xr body kit.. Cheers
  6. ok so.. all door cards are the same on all ba's.. fairlaine and wagon doors are longer but the trims are the same. the back seat has different mounting points.. Damn shame.. found a g220 red/black leather interior..would be great in my red and black ba xt! sigh.. oh well.
  7. Hi, quick question. does anyone know please if a fairlaine interior, door cards and back seat will it into a fairmont, or even an xt? cheers I am thinking the back seat side panels would be different.. longer.. to allow for fairlaine extra wheelbase any others?
  8. jack up the rear wheels, put it in neutral and see if you can turn the wheels by hand.. mayb you handbrake is sticking for some reason?
  9. yep I cant get a real good look of the one on the car though.. is there a noticeable difference? I cant use my t5z bellhousing can I?
  10. Ok so I bought a t56 off ebay.. it seems in good conditon. the seller was a complete tool though. Was listed as a xr6t box, but there is some half rubbed off scribble on the top that looks a bit like v8.. is there an easy way to confirm whether it is v8 or from a 6?
  11. I must suck at search.. I never find what I'm looking for :/ stage 8 looks to be the go. Thanks heaps.
  12. ok so it doesnt literally fall off.. but it keeps coming loose from the manifold. like every 5-10000 kms. (about a month) it is freaking annoying! the studs come out, and the nuts come loose, is there some way to fix this extremly frustrating habit? I would weld the bastard if it wasn't cast!
  13. maybe a stupid question.. but it wasnt parked on a hill when you added the oil right? I had an ex do that once..
  14. oh sweet! I thought they'd want a billionty dollars.. called them for a replacement turbo.. $5800! when I had stopped my histerical laughing the guy said he was glad to have made me happy
  15. I have everything I need for my 6 speed conversion.. except the crossmember. is the t5 crossmember modifiable to suit the t56? or do you have one u dont need?
  16. Agree with most posts here. Those pics are shocking reminders of what can happen when it all goes pear shaped.. Started driving when I was like 10, got my first car at 14ish It was a little ke20 1.3l corolla. flogged it for about 2 years on dirt roads with next to no maintenance, bald tyres, useless brakes, shot suspension and steering joints. I smashed it at close to top speed and only had a stiff neck. I was doing about 110 when I lost it and 90ish when I hit the 30cm wide hardwood fence post (which I snapped off clean at the bottom) I got out and screamed F&^%!!! coz I broke my car. now what am I gonna drive?? well if it was even a standard ba falcon I could have been doing 200 when I lost it and it coulda been myself I broke. I know its a tough subject and lumping all P platers into one category is wrong, but maybe designing P plater friendly cars with speed limiters of 120km/h or so could save some lives. you can have plenty of fun and learning in a car that does 120 Kms! Just because you are off your L plates doesnt mean u should stop learning! I know I cannot drive as quickly around a track now as when I was 15, simply because I care if I die these days.
  17. Hey all, wifes BA XT, driver seatbelt might not be working. I can pull it out as fast as I like at least 50% of the time. Like a full 50-70cms as quickly as I can move my arm. I pulled the trims off , got the reel out and found that if tilted slightly forwards (as in the car facing downhill somewhere between 5-15 degrees, it works every time. is it just a case of needing some inertia ie crash, for the seatbelt to grab? or should I be changing it asap! and just to clarify, yes my wife has life insurance, and yes I want to keep her
  18. saw that vid a few days back.. had to watch it again..would love to see that test done to a v8 landcruiser with solid chassis rails!
  19. not necessarily. reducing the backpressure can result in a loss of low down power. Does it have better top end now? manual or auto? I believe u would notice the loss more in an auto..
  20. soon to do the same conversion.. hoping you get it sorted.... and I dont have any issues
  21. no rain it's dry as here atm.. it went nuts last night I took the battery out of the remote and it stopped doing it.. so either up for a battery or a remote..
  22. So here I am dreaming away.. and.. WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT!! The horn starts going off like someone hit the panic button.. I stumble around half dead, locate the keys, walk out to car and it stops before I do anything.. "%#@%$ STUPID CAR!" go back to bed, just drifting off again.. WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT WERT!! "(&$$&@*&%$W$@%$^%# &%$!) I have the keys with me this time and go out to car, 2 presses on the remote panic and the car resets. I open my shed, find a 10mm spanner and d/c battery. sleep.. So anyone know why my car is feeling anxious and having these panic attacks? do I need to give it a hug?
×
×
  • Create New...