james333
Member-
Posts
91 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by james333
-
Ran at Calder last night aswell, fg f6 309rwkw 11.90 118mph, 1.839 60ft on invos @25psi only has tune and cat @13lbs.
-
Rapid Or Process West ?
james333 replied to James xr6fgturboute's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
Wow, those nizpro results are impressive ! Now were do I get those bargin priced nizpro coolers from ? -
any one heard or used the dilfilippo 3.5 inch split dump full exhaust before? Looks the same as the CES one to me.
-
I would only regap the plugs if the engine starts to miss fire under WOT. You will lose economy and power the smaller the plug gap gets.
-
A alloy block on the I6 would help on cold start tests and 60 to 80 kg in weight reduction would help fuel and performance figures.
-
argents in 19s with 40 series rubber fill up the guards just like 20s, except with a much nicer ride and way more grip. no way I would buy them in 20s.
-
Its only a design and location issue for people that have had one fail.Which is a very small percentage. It does solve the problem for me for atleast 12mths. I spoke to ford australia to ask an engineer or someone higher up that deals with warranty if its a corrsion issue or manufacturer issue. They wouldnt connect me.They said just contact your nearest ford dealer. Only way to know would be to cut open a faulty unit. Untill someone brings out a seperate cooler with no issues, this is the safest thing I could think of doing.
-
yes, the one with the red dot p/n 8r29-7a095-cd says ford on it not ktm or mahle. Made 1-2011 $125 trade price (iam a mechanic) Retail is about $160 .If you brought from ebay, dont know how you would go with the ford 12 mths warranty? I used plastic clamps to stop the coolant emptying out of the hose and about a cup of trans fluid come out of the line. I started the car, went through the gears and when the fluid got to 40c I removed the filler plug.All good was just trickling out.No fluid required. Got the coolant to operating temp, top that up.Job done. The trans fluid was a alittle discoloured.Will change the filter and fluid with genuine stuff soon.
-
Just replaced the transmission heat exchange on my 08 fg f6 .....40000kms. Even thought it wasnt faulty,better be safe than sorry.The car is out of warranty. I cut open the old unit and didnt see any corrsion in the plates. Theres not much room for error when they make these thing, it very tight in there. Like its been said before,its not a matter of if, its a matter of when ! I spoke to a ford dealer, they said the part comes with a 12mths parts warranty which would also include the replacement of the transmission if the heat exchange leaked coolant into the auto in that time ! Not a bad deal I say for $125.
-
has anyone who uses vcm made adjustment of the mapping on a car that has a xcal 3 tune in it? Or does the car have to be put back to stock before vcm will let the adjustment be made?
-
is anyone else running the 245/40/19 currently? I was thinking of trying the invo in the higher profile like mexican batman said. it should ride smoother and grip better than the 35 series tyre. you can only buy the invo in the 40 series for my size anyway. the ve runs a 40 series in their 19 too.
-
Yes, they are only for the strip. I dont think 17's will fit over the 4 spots on the rear? That was the second option 245/40/18 et II. Just hope I can get a good 60ft with the 245's(my cars only going to be in the 11sec bracket anyway)
-
They sound great, I can get 285/40/18 but they say its for a 9.5inch rim. The only problem is they have to go on to a ba F6 8inch rim.(I have to clear the 4 spots on the rear) I wonder if this is going to cause an issue.
-
Has anyone used both the nitto nto5r and the mickey et streets tyres down the strip ? Which one had the best 60ft time? And what pressures did you use?
-
The concept car wheels look like copies of KPM motorsports black 20's wheels.(3 piece rim made in the US 7K+ a set) www.kpmauto.com/tabid/142/moduleid/644/viewkey/photo/photoid/1732/Default.aspx
-
It looks like it has the stock GT wheels, but just painted black?. Looks like they are just trying to offload afew more GT's before the series II comes out.
-
Plazmaman Intercooler Vs Process West Intercooler
james333 replied to Philbo84's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
x3 -
I heard of a BF with a steering wheel mounted paddle shift hooked up for the ZF auto. Anyone else know anyone who has do it aswell?
-
sounds like ford changes afew of these,my included now. great no fuss ford service aswell.
-
looks like your front number plate probably wasn't helping full airflow to the intercooler too. Spraying ice cold water onto the intercooler core in the pits does wonders for the heat soak.(and its cheap) To bad you couldn't log the engine intake air temp to see how high the temp got down the track.(just to be sure that is at fault) Spending lots of money on different aftermarket parts doesn't guarantee you will go quick than the factory fitted item.(I guess workshops have to make money too) Bang for buck and the proof down the 1/4 mile is what counts for me. Good on you for giving it a go. And what time are you after?
-
Anyone replaced their ford steering wheel badge to a fpv badge on a fg? Did the badge come off easy from the airbag and where did you get the badge from. The fpv badges on ebay are for bf's and don't fit the fg wheel.
-
my stock fg f6 just done a 12.702/115.27mph on the new tyres. Try to stall it up,just span. Driving it of the line was the way to go. So the tyres are not to bad on the stock power on the strip too.
-
Ran my stock fg f6 today at calder. Best of 12.702sec/115.27mph 2.167 60ft. yeah,these ford do go well
-
I was thinking the same thing for my f6. 2010 f6 had the fpv bagde on the wheel. Was it easy to remove and where did you get the badge from fgxxxr6?
-
herrod no long sell the sct racer package software,their dealers requested they stop selling it! Just another thing that we miss out here in Oz.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.