Jump to content

physh

Member
  • Posts

    248
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by physh

  1. *nods* Don't you love it... Rollercoaster ride from one end of the perspective spectrum (perspectrum?) to the other...
  2. Thanks KiwiXR6T - That would have been great if that had been in effect when my car was being built - getting an SMS saying "Your car SIDO XXXXXX is now undergoing the Trim Installation. Estimated date of delivery is DD/MM/YYYY. Any questions call 13 FORD" Would have saved a few phone calls...
  3. Could be worse... he could have waited till february for it... and THEN found out...
  4. When I asked the Ford Customer service people, they said they specifically didn't issue "build numbers" to prevent the disappointment that comes from "not getting the number you want". So instead you get a serial (5 digits + extension) that is referenced by your SIDO (Single Individual Dealer Order or something like that - anyone?) number. That's about all you have to work on AFAIK. Cheers! -nick (my baby gets here on Friday! yay!!! Narooma manual turbo... yummmmmm...)
  5. physh

    Manual Or Auto

    The only stupid question is the one you don't ask - so I'll dive right in... what do you mean by "driveline snatch"?
  6. Wish I'd known it came in black... When I asked my dealer what colours they came in, and he said Blue or Red, I figured it wasn't worth the extra. In Black though - that pic from MrSparkles looks YUMMY! Anyone know if you can put a sports wheen on later?
  7. I'll join! I'm in Canberra... but it's an easy drive to Sydney.
  8. physh

    Test Drive

    Seat-of-the pants feel of clubbie vs SS - I agree with Cro. SS actually feels quicker too. But the R8 just handles a lot better so feels nicer. Mind you... NEITHER are "slow", so to speak... *grin* Haven't driven a GTS as yet... hmm... *starts plotting*...
  9. My car is apparently waiting for a "Pail Trap"... What the hell is THAT? anyway, it will be leaving the ford factory this week, fingers crossed. I better have it before christmas...
  10. physh

    Test Drive

    Motoring connections... No more than anyone else who knows basic ways to manipulate salesmen... I just spent a week "chatting up" both dealers... Oh, well I suppose that having worked with one of the dealers before definitely helped... *lol*
  11. physh

    Test Drive

    I don't think there are any direct competitors to the XR6 Turbo... I mean, I test drove (back-to-back) on the weekend: Clubbie R8 (~$67k OTR) SS commodore (~57k OTR) and XR6 Turbo (~47k OTR) All manual, all brand new. (prices are not including options of course... I've also driven the auto SV8... comments below! My impressions: First up was the SS. Nicer to drive this iteration than any other SS I've driven. Felt and sounded the part for once. Interior is a bit so-so, but not as pov-pack as the SV8. Seats were OK. Got up and boogied quite nicely, and was pretty refined while doing it. Second was the R8 Clubbie. Mind you - if I had to have a holden, this would be the baby I'd have. It is, without doubt in my mind, one of the best cars I've driven. Lots of fun, and I WOULD lose my licence... Sticks like you-know-what-to-a-blanket, and has the sound, push and niceness you'd expect. Third up on the list that I drove was the XR6 Turbo... My first actualy drive of the car, even though my order has been in since late September... Sounded hornier than any stock car I think I've ever heard. Period. Once we got out of the yard and around the corner I got to drive, first thing I noticed was that the clutch was very easy. (I drive an EL XR6 atm) The gearshift felt a little notchy, but I think that would ease up quite a bit. The clutch squeaked on this car BTW - but that's neither here or there. I noticed that when I geared down to go through a roundabout, I found myself in 4th without realising it. bad gating, or just plain I-can't-drive-for-sh!t-today, whichever... it went CHUGGACHUGGACHUGGA at about 400 revs... still pulled out pretty well though! The standard stereo was still pretty damn nice, interior is much nicer than AU of any type, and the stoppers worked brilliantly. The car is VERY well balanced, as much and more so than the SS, and damn near a match for the R8 in my opinion - just 20 grand cheaper... All in all: SS: Pros: -V8 burble under load... yum! -Cheaper than the clubbie, just as fast. Cons: - 10 large more than the XR6T - Gawdarn me but it's Fugly. R8: Pros: -Brilliant car all round, well balanced and very easy to drive. Fast. -Seats - yum! Cons: -65 large or more... :/ -Insurance is, to say the least, draconian. XR6 Turbo Pros: -Cheapest of the lot, but still meets and beats the SS. -Very comfy ride, but not squishy at all. Cons: -Manual gearbox could be nicer, it wouldn't let me gear back a few gears (tried 5-3, tried 4-2, even tried 3-2 and ended up in 4th). Needs to have a more distinct gate, and have more solid feel to it. -It's taking forever to GET one -it's a porky piece of metal, too heavy by about 150 kilos. So all in all, my personal rankings are: Pure Performance: 1. R8 2. XR6T 3. SS Pure Value: 1. XR6T 2. SS 3. R8 All-round 1. XR6T 2. R8 3. SS Now, before anyone starts with the flames... These are my PERSONAL opinions... *grin* I don't mind discussion... and this being a ford forum... Go drive em before you slag em I say... Oh, and the SV8 - I would NOT bother. Think Executive with a body kit and a V8. That's it. Cheers all, -nick Oh, and hopefully my dealer will call me and have my car SOOOOOON...
  12. physh

    Four More Sleeps

    I still can't get a firm delivery date! And I ordered on the 27th of SEPTEMBER! Bah. It's an XR6 Turbo in Narooma, premium sound, manual. What's so bleedin difficult about THAT? First new car I've bought, so far it's not been a great experience... :(
  13. physh

    Four More Sleeps

    There's a silhouette XR6 Turbo at the ford dealer in belconnen... Wonder how long it'll last... My Narooma Blue one is still "next week"... :( DAMMIT!
  14. I've got a "SIDO" or something number, but the chickie I spoke to on the phone at ford couldn't help me... so I don't know when it's being built! I ordered it 27th of september, they're expecting 15th november delivery... MAN I WANT MAH CAR! -nick
  15. I was told start to mid november for mine to be in my hot little hands... Narooma Blue Manual Premium Sound I thought they had issues with getting the windows tinted because of the in-glass antenna? anyone? -nick
×
×
  • Create New...