Jump to content

Trent0

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    574
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    2

Everything posted by Trent0

  1. I got a Process West Plenum off of a fellow forum member, on it's way in the mail now. That will with any luck go on next week. Also probably going to swap out my 60lb dekas for some 1000cc to do an e85 tune. Would be awesome to get into the 400+ club but not too fussed,. Will already be a handful I'd guess. Bring on the 120kph overtaking powerskids :D The new wheels to be put on. think I should have grabbed some 20" or 9/10" rims now :/ And the pleum I got off of one of the forum members :D Not sure how much power I will get now but will find out hopefully this week or next
  2. That sounds like an idea! I won't be back up north until early december but I'm all for it. I know there will be at least 4 blokes keen to do it in my group. So yeah, either head upto cairns or tville or anywhere with no potholes. . .
  3. Im always looking for an excuse to go for a drive, havent been outta townsville yet so im all for a cruise. Where abouts do you guys usually hang around?
  4. Will have to get something started up. I have 4 mates up here with 3 typhoons running around 330rwkw and a xr6 turbo with over 400atw. We keep talking bout going for a cruise but not sure where, the roads r pretty sh*te. If your keen we can organise a bbq or meet up early december?
  5. Ah figured. Ill be up around xmas time, is there a bit of a ford scene up there to get into?
  6. Yea I'm thinking of heat wrapping from the dump to the back of the cab as it noticeable heats up and sometimes burns my foot lol. It's down at my old folks place atm, I was getting around at the start of the year, you may have seen me putting it on a car trailer on a traffic island during peak hour one afternoon back in february lol Has the drag strip up there been closed down yet?
  7. ah that sucks, I wonder if they would do some sort of trade or something like that.
  8. So far all is good, my brother has made a few short vids nd put em on youtube. Still haven't grabbed a diff yet, am waiting for walwoods to sort me out something Would like to do plenum and hi mount turbo manifold but not sure if itll push me over 400rwkw, this clutch is only rated to 410 :-/ If I did go high mount manifold from 6boost would I need a new dump pipe?
  9. Hey all, been on this site for a while now, only to gather info and not post much lol. Keep it simple. had myself a 2003 xr6 ute that made 185rwkw by CMS. 2 and a bit years later my mate wrote off his BF typhoon and I begged to buy his engine off him. A few short months later I got the guys at CMS again to fit it for me and tune it. As you could expect with a conversion it had its bugs and faults. Due to fuel pump being sh*te it only grabbed 236rwkw with Joe @ 6psi before it leaned out . I modded it from the get go: Plazmaman 800hp IC kit, racebox/odessy battery, walbro gss 292 fuel pump, turbo ported/flapper mod, 60lb Dekkas, X-force 4"-3.5" exhaust Malwood option 3+ clutch 12lb actuator T-56 conversion 4 pot brembo's I relocated form sydney to townsville just after the conversion so I cut myself off fro mthe great help and support from CMS unfortunately. From there I left it in Toowoomba at FORCED PERFORMANCE this last few weeks while I've been away with work it pulled 363.9rwkw @ 17psi :D It's come a long way (still using m78 diff :z lol) will post pics when I can
  10. Replaced it with a GATES hose today and it's all good now. Gave it a few boots and I'm laughing! Thanks very much for the help
  11. In NSW I had " XR670Y " XR 6 Toy Want to get them up here too as it's more apparant it's a toy now I've done a turbo/fpv engine conversion :D
  12. hahahahaha I'm such an idiot! I should have used a spanner to start with (slaps forehead)
  13. I've read it and I'm now doing what you've done. The ute pump assembley is a fair bit taller so its always out, hose kinking will not be an issue. They only problem I am having is doing up the hose clamp on the top of the assembley. I can barely get the screw driver up there without sliding the clamp done & making it ineffective.
  14. Where can I get a standard hose from? Fraud?
  15. I will do, I'll make it a wknd project. the hose clamps I was using cut into the pipe pretty bad so I won't be using them again. Thanks for the help
  16. hahahahaha FIXED!!! Pulled it all out again just then and the top of the line popped off! bloody thing, so it would have just been spraying fuel inside the tank lol. The fuel line I have, im not real sure on it. It seems to have bulged and gone kinda funny, even though it is a fluromaster (however you spell it) rubber pipe. I redone up the hose clamps, to the best I could as its in a really sh*t spot! So I will see how long that lasts for now :( I might get some more pipe and better clamps as the clamps I got with it cut into the pipe. Thanks for the help guys, you had the diagnosis down pat pretty much!
  17. I put another 24l of fuel in just then, sits at 3/4 full tank. still nothing though :? I can hear the pump while the engine is ticking voer but there is just nothing??? I have no idea where to go from here
  18. nope no fancy loops. just a piec about 20cm or so long that goes from A to B. I did try to "prime" it a few times but not luck :/ will read now
  19. Hey fellas, just a quick question. Car won't run! Installed good (to my knowledge), cranked her over and sh*t started purring. 10 seconds later turned off (ran outta fuel). Wont start now :/ I can hear what I think is the pump working when I turn the key to acc. but its like a start up then stops..... suggestons?
  20. I got some of that gates stuff so all good no the delema is.....the kit I got with the GSS 294 came with the wrong fuel filter :-/ so gotta wait another week for it to arrive :(
  21. Is there a bradn or name I can ask for so I get the right one? thanks mate
  22. hi fellas, im in the process of putting in a new walbro 294 270lph fuel pump. I've kinda botched the standard fuel line to the original pump so I'm in desperate need of some new stuff. I went to supercheap for a look but they didnt really ahve anything that was submersible. Any ideas where I could source some locally (townsville) on the weekend? thanks
  23. I have the alloy bar for a BA/BF, PM me if your interested
  24. Thanks mate. Had a few hiccups but it's great to drive. But, to everyone reading this, in hindsight I would never do this again. I would sell up and buy a T. Too much time, effort and money went into this even though I got it all from a mate a next to free.
  25. I deninantly agree with you there. I cut the plug that goes into the socket hole thing about 4cm from the plug. I wanted to just splice it all back together but I didn't have the time. I will go about doing it properly now Thank you
×
×
  • Create New...