-
Posts
90 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Black_S15
-
auto or manual? seems like if you have an auto then dont remove your centre muffler as you will more likely get drone???
-
4" Dump + 5" Cat - Will It Be Much More Louder Than Stock?
Black_S15 replied to Black_S15's topic in Exhaust Workshop
is there a considerable difference in size between BA XR6t vs BF F6 stock cooler? -
4" Dump + 5" Cat - Will It Be Much More Louder Than Stock?
Black_S15 replied to Black_S15's topic in Exhaust Workshop
thanks spook that helps alot. ill be doing all your mods exactly minus the Dump and cooler. and if I can get 280-290rwkw im happy. from countless threads ive read on this site and chats with some tuners, I will be able to make 300rwkw + with the stock cooler BUT it WONT be consistently made, as temps will rise dramatically after a couple of hard runs and once the temperature is up the 300rwkw wont be made. in saying that this is no track car and street car which will hit WSID once every 3-6 months for a bit of fun. -
4" Dump + 5" Cat - Will It Be Much More Louder Than Stock?
Black_S15 replied to Black_S15's topic in Exhaust Workshop
^^ thanks mate will be looking to get that CAT above, 60lb semens, walbro, + flash Tune. hope to get 280-300rwkw. I will be happy if I have a consistent 12 second car. -
4" Dump + 5" Cat - Will It Be Much More Louder Than Stock?
Black_S15 replied to Black_S15's topic in Exhaust Workshop
cheers mate - I see youve made 297rwkw with a decent 1/4 mile too. -
4" Dump + 5" Cat - Will It Be Much More Louder Than Stock?
Black_S15 replied to Black_S15's topic in Exhaust Workshop
as I will be only change the cat, will this do : http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/3-VENOM-High-Flow-Metal-Cat-WRX-XR6-Turbo-Skyline-VL-/260898909186?_trksid=p4340.m444&_trkparms=algo%3DCRX%26its%3DC%252BS%26itu%3DSI%252BUA%252BLM%252BLA%26otn%3D12%26ps%3D63%26clkid%3D8792513787745779233 ? 3" inlet/out let, 5" body. im assuming stock exhaust diamater for BA,BF ,FG is 3"? that's not bad for stock now wonder the stock exhaust flows well past 300rwkw.. -
4" Dump + 5" Cat - Will It Be Much More Louder Than Stock?
Black_S15 replied to Black_S15's topic in Exhaust Workshop
thanks Henz, perfectly explained that's what I wanted to hear. also thanks for your help in the private msgs robo. -
4" Dump + 5" Cat - Will It Be Much More Louder Than Stock?
Black_S15 replied to Black_S15's topic in Exhaust Workshop
henz, ive read in other posts in the exhaust section that if I do a 4' dump ill get boost creep...? can you elborate on your post a little more. cheers -
4" Dump + 5" Cat - Will It Be Much More Louder Than Stock?
Black_S15 replied to Black_S15's topic in Exhaust Workshop
sounds to me that its not too loud which is what im after. I dont mind it opening up on WOT and being alot louder, but for cruising and idling I want it as quiet as possible. (NO DRONE) cheers gents. -
4" Dump + 5" Cat - Will It Be Much More Louder Than Stock?
Black_S15 replied to Black_S15's topic in Exhaust Workshop
sweet - I really like the purr of the stock exhaust... and want to keep it sounding stock as possible. dont mind it a bit louder -
hi gents, looking to do my first round of mods very soon to get close to 290-300rwkw... I want to keep my exhaust system as stock as possible... I dont want any drone and dont mind at all if it is quiet like stock.. will a 4" dump + 5" CAT make the exhaust note much louder than factory? if I can get away with not upgrading the dump to make 300rwkw I will. ofcourse all other mods will be in place to get the 290-300rwkw. cooler (maybe), fuel pump, injectors and flash tune. any input and advise is appreciated thanks
-
how can one avoid this? im sure there are plenty of people who have opted for just dump/cat upgrage...
-
mines an auto... will it be able to produce more power at the wheels with the same mods compared to a manual??
-
nice ride STIFLR - congrats..
-
bit of a thread hi jack but from what ive gathered, the K&N filters are alot less restrictive then the factory thick ford filters, this will mean more air entering the turbo, but the stock tune will still be using the same amount of fuel... does this mean a less restictive filter will make the car run lean? is a retune required when changing to a less restrictive filter or a POD?
-
I will be happy with close to 300rwkw if it means I can keep the stock cooler. dont mind upgrading fuel pump. thanks henz
-
^ really? I would of thought id need to upgrade cooler and bigger pump to get to 300rwkw? if not then that's great
-
hi gents, been going through the brakes section and read countless pages and pages... I keep reading conflicting info on which pads eat away at your rotors the most. I simply want a pad that / priority : does not chew away the rotors as I will be getting them machined. does not squeal excessively I dont care if the pad / NON priority: creates heaps of brake dust (I wash my car regularly and dont mind brake dust if it means I get good performance and preservation of rotors) it takes a some time to warm up and work effectively... I typically dont thrash my car as soon as I leave the driveway anyways so this is not an issue. am thinking of going Bendex Ultimates but have read mixed reviews on the forum with some stating they are fantastic and others stating they are a hard compound which chew the crap out of the rotors, Feroda DB2000 sounds good too and have heard they are great. will definitely not touch EBC Green and possibly RED. any suggestions to meet the criteria above would be great.. car is a street car and will not hit the track. thanks in advance guys.
-
how many rwkw would a BF F6 get with just a bigger Cat + tune? safely that is...
-
Looking To Buy A Bf F6 - A Little Scared, Always Loved Fords..
Black_S15 replied to Black_S15's topic in FPV & Tickford
thanks again gents.. yep I think it will remain stock until the 90000 service. so far my my impressions are as follows: the power is unpredictable... in the 6 speed auto when I put my foot down, im never too sure how erratically the car will move. its almost as thought im too scared to put my foot to the floor and am always very tentative... compared to my 6 speed 190rwkw S15 manual.. the back end in that thing would flick out at will but you still had a sense of control. ive only had the F6 for 5 days now so still some getting use to once the boost kicks in, the power is made so effortlessly. I was expecting alot more lag but im pleasantly surprised. :sungum: -
rather than creating a new unnecessary thread thought id just continue from this one.. is it possible to achieve 300rwkw with just a bigger cat + tune?
-
Looking To Buy A Bf F6 - A Little Scared, Always Loved Fords..
Black_S15 replied to Black_S15's topic in FPV & Tickford
thanks heaps guys!. thanks for all the advice aswell. im pretty happy with the colour choice, day and night time it looks awsome. will be keeping it stock for the time being, intend to upgrade CAT, injectors + Tune. (stage1) first things is first will get it dynod this weekend to see what power it has at the wheels stock. whats a typical figure for BA/BF phoons? 220-230rwkw? -
^ it certainly does. very user friendly. sorry to hijack the thread again.... but im about to make my first mods on my 07 F6 also... how many inches is the stock Cat? what do I need to do to get close to 300rwkw..?? bigger cat, injectors + tune... will that be enough
-
Looking To Buy A Bf F6 - A Little Scared, Always Loved Fords..
Black_S15 replied to Black_S15's topic in FPV & Tickford
Update gents Im now a proud owner of an BF MK11 f6. Had it fully inspected by state roads and the car is an absolute gem. 86000km, 1 mature owner, full service history, unmodified, sunroof, EGO, All I can say is I'm blown away and have been driving non stop for 2 days. That's why I haven't posted on the forum. Apart the from the few scratches and stone chips on the front bar, body and paint is mint as. Interior is like a new car. Will post pics shortly. Can wait to drive it again in a few hours....
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.