JoeG
Member-
Posts
92 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by JoeG
-
Just wondering if it was just me or what, but I thought the Channel 10 telecast yesterday was the worst I have ever seen. If I see that clown Greg Murphy again I think I am gonna throw the TV out the window. I reckon they should just call it "The Greg Murphy Show". Plus, they seemed to miss just about every major incident. Why they need to persist witha boring interview with someone while a mojor event is unfolding is beyond me. Just cut away from the interview and show the incident..that's what we are watching for!! BAck to Smurf....that guy wasn't even in the race - rear-end place getter at best, yet they kept on showing him on and on, while the action was happenning up the front when Ingall, Richards, Ambrose and Lowndes were going for it. I wonder how much of this blatant favouritism towards Murphy has to do with Supercheap sponsorship and their advertising dollar at Channel 10? Lots methinks. Honestly, I would even rather have seen more of Skaife than him...its getting ridiculous IMO. What does everyone else think?
-
Had same issues as you guys. Just got hold of some touch-up paint and you can't see the scratches unless you stick your ugly mug under the spoiler. Make sure you go over the touched up area with a little polish(after the paint dries properly) as this helps to smooth out your handy work. Then a good thick coat of wax (buffed off to a nice shine) and it comes up very well. Then don't worry about it...that's my 2 cents.
-
Yeah, I would love to know what the price of the sunglass holder is too....is it easy to replace the standard map reader light assembly with the sunglass holder one? Cheers..J.
-
Guys, The photo at the link is of the US Galant. The Magna would want to look a lot better than that. Found this concept drawing of the PS41, which, if they can replicate (even a little) in real life, will look very nice. Pity they are front wheel drive!!
-
For anyone that may be interested, just come across an artcle about the new Magna. A write-up of a media briefing held last week. Full Story CLICK HERE
-
Don't like it either guys....phantom is a much cooler colour..day or night IMO.
-
Bid up to $900.00 - might as well buy a brand new one!!
-
OMG!! That's bloody expensive for a piece of pipe. I saw that Battens have one as well, but not sure about price. Would have to be cheaper than Herrods though. Not sure how they can justify that price?
-
twin 2.5" bevelled cannons...attached to custum s/s exhaust...if in Adelaide, see Dave at Exhaust Techniques in Gouger Street..he's a good Ford man!!
-
OMG...is this the Rev. Fred Nile talking? What does this have to do with trafficking ILLICIT drugs? Anyway, I liked this pic..so just had to post it!!
-
I think this is Rice on steriods...unreal. Check this out...
-
From news.com.au Expensive Daewoo races to sales lead April 06, 2005 From: AAP ONE million new cars are looking much more likely to find homes in Australia for the first time in 2005. The first-quarter sales results are just in and show that 237,000 vehicles were delivered to the end of March, confirming forecasts of another record year and re-igniting talk of one million deliveries by the end of December. "I don't see any reason why it would not get there," said Ross McKenzie, executive director of sales and marketing at Holden, yesterday. "It is right on the million edge. I think it's got enough momentum to get there." The official industry scorekeeper, the Federal Chamber of Automotive Industries, has lifted its 2005 forecast to 980,000 vehicles, up from last year's record of 955,215. "It would have been reasonable to expect that the recent interest rate rise and the current record level of petrol prices might have taken some of the steam out of the market, however, that does not appear to be the case," said Peter Sturrock, chief executive of the FCAI. Expensive Daewoo was sales leader again in March, the second month in a row, and, like many carmakers, was claiming records yesterday. It trumpeted a record first quarter on sales of the Late model camira and Adventra and a record result with light commercial vehicles. Ford reported its best first-quarter sales for 15 years, Subaru claimed a first-quarter record and Mazda had its best-ever March. Mitsubishi was able to crow about its Triton, Colt and light commercials while silent on the Magna front. But the surprise was a backwards run for the Corolla, Kluger and HiLux which held Toyota to second spot. The numbers did not impress John Conomos, executive chairman of Toyota Australia. "I'm not happy at all. We should have obtained substantially more volume," he said. "Expensive Daewoo have just been too strong, they have overwhelmed us. They did a good job, they discounted very heavily from day one."
-
Just a simple question that I haven't been able to find an answer for yet. We all pretty well know what the differences are between each of the 3 edit programs for the T's, ie they mainly involve incremental increases in boost pressure. But can anyone please explain what each program is all about for the V8 XR's and GT's. A brief explanation of each program would be excellent. Cheers..J.
-
Guys....I agree. Crash and big brother Bash Bandicoot really do need to have the book thrown at them by the officials. But, as my wife pointed out when the camera panned to the race control centre - all the bloody officials were wearing HSV shirts!! No wonder those bast@rds get away with blue murder!! Ha! Also, did anyone notice how complimentary the other tosser (Greg "handbag" Murphy) of the year was to Marcus and SBR during the commentary!! Whats with that?? Last year that idiot had nothing good to say about them at all...I wonder if he is eyeing a drive at SBR now that Marcus is leaving as well?? God help us.........................
-
Yep...seriously thinking of going. But they are predicting 35+ for Sunday, so it could be very hot down there!!
-
Great job!!...looks great. And theres nothing like playing with a bright new shiny knob!! Ha! :naughty:
-
I have a question: What is the diff between the Herrod Edit and the Capa one? Has Rob added/modified any extra parameters as opposed to Capa, and vice versa? I know that they supposedly developed the edit together, but why call it different names and market it separately....thus causing confusion?
-
Goldie..you are dead right!! These ars#holes deserve what they get....stop messing around and give some power back to the cops so they can do their jobs and clean that mess up straight away. Hell I would be happy to volunteer and help them myself...play God? I have no problem with that. These "kids" are gonna be the career crims of the future and there is nothing that can be done to stop them. Years ago, as a lad if you did something wrong and got caught by the cops, you would have to contend with a big burly cop who gave you a good "clip behind the ears" and put the fear of God in you, before taking you home to your parents who would do the same. You soon learned that type of behaviour isn't tolerated. Returning to today - the whole dynamic is changed. Police have no power to do anything except stand there and take abuse from snotty nosed kids. If they take action the courts don't back them up - in fact they more than likely have action taken against them!! Its a disgrace. I saw on the 7:30 Report last night where they spoke with a normal guy with a family who lives 1-2kms away from that sh#thole where the riots are happening. They showed him having to sleep with a loaded speargun beside him and a pick axe handle next to the front door. He has many locks on the doors and windows and is generally fearful for his family, because the police can't do anything to protect them. Apparently he and his family have been broken into on numerous occasions and had car vandished etc.... I think the time is fast approaching when people (like us) will need to get together and put some order back into society. Someone above mentioned that you can't take extreme force to protect yourself from a home invasion....yeah he is right. Thanks to Mr Howard you can't buy a gun to protect yourself anymore...the only people with guns are the crims now and the Police who are too scared to use them for fear of the repercussions! Still, a speargun is not a bad option, I guess! I know the US model for gun control(or lack thereof) is not ideal...but at least they have the right to bear arms against their attackers!! Anyway...a final rant: I have a mate or two who are coppers and old school - we often talk about these types of things and another problem that sporns this type of behaviour is indeed the Parents attitude to law and order. A lot of it stems from the modern police force and its dynamics. Case in point - Lets say that as a male copper your are partnered with a female (happens a lot these days) and you are called to resolve a domestic dispute in some feral suburb(usual Sat. night events). These situations are a coppers worst nightmare and can escalate very quickly....years ago, with two male cops they would tackle the issue head on and resolve in the knowledge that they can count on each other for back-up. The kids see that the Cops are in authority and command respect. I have no problem with chicks as D's or other types of coppers. But frontline troops should mostly be males imo. Today - the coppers would rather wait until the situation cools down(the wife or kids get a thashing..or worse still someone is killed) before attending. Why? Well, for the guys out there, ask yourself a question. Would you have confidence in a female partner to back you up if confronted by a chemically induced bogan wealding a baseball bat ready to knock your block off? Me...I don't think so..doesn't matter how tuff they are.
-
Interesting article by Julian Edgar from the pages of Autospeed on this topic. He lost his licence, but got it back again...heres the article: 153 km/h in a 110 zone - The consequences Despite our being face to face, it was impossible to see the policeman’s eyes behind the dark glasses. The blank lenses looked at me, still and questioning. Waiting for an answer, in fact. I dug the toe of my shoe into the dirt, trying to work out a suitable reply. Why had I been driving at 153 km/h in a 110 zone? Perhaps I should tell the truth: I was testing the high speed stability of my ’99 Prius after fitting some aerodynamic front wheel deflectors. But I could hear the bellow of rage that would come from the pursed lips below those dark glasses: What? On a Public Road? Or perhaps I could mutter something about the light traffic and clear conditions. But although it was a sunny Queensland day, the traffic wasn’t particularly sparse. Or might it be better to make a little joke about the Prius being the fastest hybrid petrol/electric vehicle he was likely to pull over this week, month or year. But those lips didn’t look like they’d curl upwards in an acknowledging grin. The silence dragged on: there was no answer that would satisfy this Pacific Motorway patrolman. He walked back to his car to write out the ticket. The four lanes of traffic heading north continued to stream by, the white police Falcon sitting behind and a little outwards of the Prius which was pulled well onto the verge with its hazard lights flashing. What a fool I’d been – not to be driving fast (although perhaps that too), but not to have realised the car turning through the emergency opening in the median strip was an unmarked police vehicle. And then not to have been checking my mirrors constantly as the electric motor and little petrol engine gave their all... I paced up and down the stretch of dirt, watching the white flashes of faces curiously turned my way as the traffic roared by. The policeman walked back to me, long yellow ticket in hand. "Exceeding the posted speed limit by more than 40 kilometres an hour," he droned. "Eight demerit points and a seven hundred dollar fine" - he paused to let that sink in and then added the king-hit – "and six months license disqualification." He walked back to his car, got in, and drove away. I felt sick. A motoring journalist might be able to continue to find employment without a driving license, but it would be hard – very hard. No new car tests, no on-road testing of modifications, no easy visits to workshops. I slowly drove on to the wrecker that I’d been on my way to visit, enthusiasm completely gone for the project I was working on. But then my mind started working again. What appeal mechanisms were there? Could I let the offence go to court and seek a reduction in the penalty? The fine and the points loss were no big deal. But the license suspension sure was... I read the piece of paper the policeman had given me – my options weren’t particularly clear. When I got home I did an on-line search for the relevant Act – and couldn’t find it. I rang a free legal advice line and made an appointment to see a lawyer. She turned out to be very knowledgeable on the topic of loss of license through drink-driving – but knew almost nothing about my offence. However, she gave me a booklet which showed how drink drivers could get their licenses back through a court appeal... a mechanism that seemed likely to be also open to me. I asked more questions, did more on-line searching and finally found the applicable Act: the Transport Operations (Road Use Management – Driver Licensing) Regulation 1999. Part 6a – "Suspension For Speeding More Than 40 km/h Over The Speed Limit" – was the relevant bit. Ah, and here was something that could be useful, very useful. "The person may appeal against the suspension only on the grounds that the suspension would cause extreme hardship to the person, or the person’s family, by depriving the person of the means of earning a living," said part 30D. Well, that was surely me. My fiancé is a full time university student, we have a baby, and the sole source of household income is my job as a motoring journalist. I work for two publishers (Web Publications and Silicon Chip Publications) and there would be no problems in getting these organisations to provide letters stating that without my having a driving license, they would substantially reduce the amount of material bought from me. I picked up the application form for a court appeal, lodged it and was able to drive until the appeal was heard – about 4 weeks later. By this stage I had paid the fine and had the demerit points awarded against me. Since the speeding offence was a fait accompli and the appeal was legally based around the financial hardship that I and my family would endure without a driving license, I was sure that in court the magistrate would require that I provide evidence of this hardship. The day before the court appearance I had the two letters from the publishers ready and wrote a speech fleshing-out the skeleton provided by them. I hired a suit (literally the first time in my life I have ever worn one!) and went to court. Georgina and little Alexander accompanied me; we made jokes about how she should pinch him at the right time so that he cried loudly in the public gallery to add verisimilitude to my testimony on potential hardship. We laughed, but the tension within us was growing and growing. That day there were six appeals against license disqualifications being heard in Court 5 of the Southport Magistrates Court. Another man – a little older than me and accompanied by his wife – was in a formal suit; another man was young and wearing a t-shirt with a large rotary engine emblem on the front. The court official took any written submissions that we had and in return gave us our driving records; these would be used by the magistrate as part of his decision-making process. My record was only a page long – I’ve lived in Queensland for just four years and apart from the offence in question, in that time have had only a minor radar camera speeding offence. In contrast, the rotary man’s driving record went for page after page: his face grew more and more downcast as he leafed through it. We were called in one at a time: the be-suited man came out looking relieved and sat down, while the rotary guy unemotionally exited the court room and headed straight for the lifts. Then a policeman came through the double doors of the court and called: "Julian Edgar!" It was my turn. A courtroom is a chilling place, especially if you don’t even know where you’re supposed to stand. I paused uncertainly, then decided the dais directly in front of the magistrate was my spot. If it wasn’t, I didn’t know what would happen when I walked there. I opened my folder and extracted my speech. It was – I thought – a good speech, written with specific reference to the Act and full of true points about how a loss of driving license would cause hardship to my family and me. It was a good speech – but I didn’t get to use any of it. "Mr Edgar," said the magistrate, "what were the circumstances of this speeding offence?" Eight weeks later it was the policeman’s question all over again. And answering it this time was just as hard. "I am a motoring journalist," I said. "I was testing the aerodynamic stability of a car after I had made some modifications to it." At the words "aerodynamic modifications" I felt the courtroom public gallery behind me stir: clearly, no one else had said this! "But it was an inappropriate place to test the modifications and I am regretful that I did so; however, those are the circumstances of the offence." The magistrate looked through my driving record, asked some questions about my driving history, then said: "I suggest Mr Edgar that you are more circumspect in your driving behaviour in future. The application is granted and the cancellation is set aside. Wait outside the courtroom." My appeal had been successful – I could continue to drive! But I was a little bemused... it was almost as if the magistrate didn’t know the applicable Act. Or perhaps the letters from my employers had been sufficient evidence of hardship? Either way, that feeling of impending, unavoidable doom – an awful blackness hanging over me - was gone. That night I slept for nearly 10 hours – until the next morning, I hadn’t realised how the strain had been impacting.
-
Yeah right...I would love to see them try and sift through every single email attachment from every email sent throught their mail servers to find the porn!! Haha. Don't worry about it, like Zap said...its just aimed at spammers..and so it should be.
-
Fire Extinguisher A Good Spot To Mount
JoeG replied to THEMESHMAN260's topic in Interior & Exterior Workshop
Yep, I have the extinguisher fitted from Ford (only got it as part of the free add-ons at the time I bought it).....it goes under the front passenger seat. Can post pics if you want ...later on though when I get home.. -
Interesting....On the other side of the coin, I have seen the same brand new Yellow VZ Monaro (with bonnet vents!!) sitting in City Holden's yard on Main North Road for at least 2 months. I go past it everyday so I am wondering if they are not selling well either? Haven't really seen one on the raod yet either. I guess the Expensive Daewoo boys are waiting till the 6.2ltr becomes available in the non-HSV cars??
-
You are right drcook, the Goats are made at Elizabeth and roll off the production line ready to be shipped to the US. I have been on a tour of the factory some time ago where I watched the GM badged Statesmans roll off the line in LHD format ready for export. I think at that time those things were headed for Saudi Arabia and were badged "Chevrolet Caprice". This was before they started shipping goats, but the same principle applies now.
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.