Jump to content

lozza

Member
  • Posts

    121
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by lozza

  1. lozza

    Excedy Clutch

    Yeh that's my other thought, wait a couple of weeks and get a good one. But you should know the urge lol, I want my 300kws now lol! Is yours still a single plate? Also if you dont mind me asking, how do you drive on it? Has it had a hard 15 months? Also how much torque do you have at the tyres?
  2. Hey guys. Im currently in the process of getting a nizpro stage 2 (and stage 2+ equivlents) and Im struck out on what clutch to get. Bit short on the dollars and looking for something that will hold out for a while til I get some decent money and mal gets in some Stage 5+ kits in stock. Anyways, I was just curious as to the quality of these. FMK-7442HD Its an excdey sports tuff heavy duty clutch with concentruc slave cylinder. After mods and tune I'll prob be looking at around 325rwkw or maybe a bit less. Going on a BA T56 so trying to keep all the rods inside the block. Anyway this is the clutch I was looking at... BA XR6 TURBO HEAVY DUTY CLUTCH .KIT INCLUDES SLAVE CYL - eBay Clutches, Transmission, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 05-Feb-10 22:45:34 AEDST) Worth my dollars or not? Cheers
  3. Yeh mate, I got 20's on and I wanna tuck the rim, or atleast the bare minimum almost on the inside edge of the tyre. Ill see about getting them compressed and throw you some pics. Im afraid its probarbly gonna ruin the ride but oh well.
  4. Not too sure if ive pushed it that hard, just a bit of fun down the skidpan was too busy watching the road instead of the rpm, doh!
  5. Hey guys, I recently had a set of SSL springs put on with monroe shortend gas shocks and struts. I have had it done for about 3-4 weeks now and I have noticed it has setteled a fair bit but im still unhappy at the height at the back. The front sits alrite. I have rung around looking for SSSL but cant seem to find any, was also told they do not exist for BA falcons by king spring dealers. Anyways, wats the lowest spring avaliable or am I better to get them compressed?
  6. Yeh I wish I did have a gauge. One of the things on the to-do list. What I mean exaresix is that it will cut out at say 5 thousand revs instead of the 6000 odd I use to get out of it. Might just be the extra boost revving too hard and surging or anything. I got no idea to be honest. Tune should happen in the next 2-3 weeks hopefully but I was just checking that its not going to do any serious damage in that time THanks guys
  7. Cheers mate. Yeh a tune is defianatly on the cards, just trying to put it off til I can get the parts fitted to the car. The exhaust was a nesecity as I kinda squashed my old one lol.
  8. Hey guys I fitted my 4" dump 5" cat and 3.5" exhaust the other week because I dont feel like paying some monkey 500 bucks to do up a couple of bolts and do something I couldnt do in 3 hours in my garage. But I have noticed it cuts out at shorter revs, has less speed at the same revs, (ie I could wind out second to 105 with standard exhaust, now I can only get 95 max). Just did this for an experiement as I know I prob shouldnt be gunning it without a tune. I dont really want to get a tune right now as I'm in the process of getting all my parts together to put on it, and really rather save myself 900 bucks on another tune. Question is, is it safe to run it without the tune for a couple of more weeks or should I consider one asap? Is it alrite to give a bootful or should I baby it til its done? I usually use it for driving to work so it doest usually see the rev limiter, sometimes on the weekend to show up the Expensive Daewoo boys and any other tool that thinks my car is a N/A XR6 (debadged the turbo lol). Thanks in advance for the help.
  9. Is that a full turbo back 4" nath. I thought you said it tapered into 3 1/2". I thought you could push the 4sp and standard internals a bit harder than that. Anyway, cant wait to see the next dyno sheet.
  10. if its not too late, ill jump in on this too :)
  11. Sounds nice mate, how did you go about sourcing out he FG F6 motor? Lemme know how you go with the new build when you decide to get it done, wouldnt mind checking it out as I will probarbly head down that track one day aswell. cheers, loz
  12. ahk yeh I did misread. I dont think that stops you from getting booked by the coppers (they still get you on driving a prohibited vehicle being a turbocharged petrol car), but if that's so im taking my fines back to them and getting my money and points back. Whats the capacity to weight ratio?
  13. Not to burst your bubble mate, but I'm pretty sure (this is considering victorian laws) that a typhoon wont pass the 125kw/tonne ratio. The BA Xr6 turbo, probarbly the least powerful out of all the turbo model B series fords weighs in at 1665 and 255kw by factory specs. That equates to somehting like 153kw if im not mistaken, which is way over the limit. May be different in other states as im not aware of interstate laws. Anyways, this is from experience. I made a claim on P-Plates with Just Cars after writing off my XR6T which was registered in my name and had the policy in my name and I had the cheque for 18k (wass a 25k policy but after 4k for the car and 3k excess) sent out and in my mail box in just 3 1/2 weeks. Could have had it earlier but I went through the total loss salvage option which in turn took slightly longer. I took out another policy on my new car (still an xr6t) with shannons as it was about $1600 cheaper a year, excess was $2100 less and they offered a pay by the month option. I was involved in a small prang (yeh I know im a sh*t driver haha) where by technicality I was in the wrong but some people just dont know how to use fuking indicators. I pulled into a roundabout and guy changed his mind as I entered and decided to keep going around and didnt indicate and smacked me in the back door/quater but it was my fault technically because I didnt give way and he didnt admit to not using his indicator. he knew he was at fault but look at both cars I <3 Bananas I wouldnt wanna be paying that, *beep*. Anyway, I had to put that through my insurance, and shannons carried on and denied the claim on the basis I wasnt legally oblidged to drive the insured vehicle. So I sent in a written complaint to their complaints department, and it was "further reviewed" by someone higher up than the monkey that answers the phone. It was denied for a second time, but there was no chance I was letting that sort of bill fall back to me, so I rang up and asked for it to be forwarded further outside of their claims department. I got a letter 2 weeks later from the shannons claims ombudsman stating that shannons had all the relevent information, I was a p-plater who was driving a vehicle prohibited by state law so if they had no intention of honoring a claim they shouldnt have accepted payment for the policy. Got my cheque from them the other week. So yes, if you get involved in an accident like me and you are the only driver on the policy and the policy is payed for in full then you have a good arguement if they decide to decline the claim. But being with Just Cars I dont think you should have a problem. This could be different if someone is injured/killed thought so just keep that in mind. Hope this helps, loz
  14. Hey mate, do we reply here? If so, im definatly coming Looks like an awesome route and hopefully have some stuff done to the car, have a bit of fun cruising the twisties lol (not doing anything illegal of course, but its always fun to have some extra power on tap) Cheers, Loz
  15. Ahk I havnt checked on it in a while, will have a look now. Money is sorta the issue, I dont wanna open it up and only do the rods, not worth the time and effort of pulling it apart. Would rather do everything in one go when I strip it down, pistons, rods, valves, strip the cylinder head, clean it up etc etc.
  16. Hey staughs. I'll speak to my tuner about the rods, because he will be fitting them and see what he think because honestly when it comes down to the block work, I would rather talk to someone who has been doing it for alot longer than me lol. I usually give it a bit of a caning when I can, but I treat it nicely when I clean/service so I kinda feel better about it sometimes, that the car isnt just getting caned and not looked after haha. As for the tune, I would proberly opt for something with a little less "agression" and something that isnt so hard on the engine as I would really like to keep everything intact. Mika, Dion at Dynomite Performance will be doing some of the fitment and tune. I can competently fit the kit but anywhere where the I <3 Bananas up could be costly and im not 100% im leaving to him, like the fuel system and turbo housing. oh, and stuahgsberry, how is your build coming along, I was following it on falconxr6turbo.com but there hasnt been much acticity in your thread.
  17. Thanks mate, I'll have a look at the bank account and get back to you haha cheers, loz
  18. Yeh im sure I will get good advice when I get it tuned, but wouldnt mind knowing a rough figure for now. I would be happy with 330 at 15. Plus theres always room the expand on that with stronger internals. cheers, loz
  19. Been asking around about what kind of power the standard BA rods can handle. I been looking into a ground up build but not really keen on spending 10k right now. For the moment I got a nizpro stage 2 kit inc valve springs with built rear GT35 housing, actuator, ported wastegate etc, set of deka 60's, Walbro 341 pump, 4" dump - 5" cat - 3.5" zorst. Sourcing out a Malwood O5 TP currently aswell so im chasing a rough figure of 325-350rwkw, wouldnt mind scraping over the 400rwkw line but I cant see that happening on a standard block. My only concern is the rods, it would be a shame to get everything running and then have it throw a rod down the track sometime because I cheaped out on it. So yeh, for the time being that I leave the bottom end intact, what kind of power should I safely look at? and by the way, I havnt been in the whole car scene for anywhere near the time some of you guys have, so if I have looked over something please point it out for me. thanks loz
×
×
  • Create New...