Jump to content

tattoowrx

Member
  • Posts

    40
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by tattoowrx

  1. best run for you mate would be NICER8 , commo vs ford! both big HP cars! the dude in NICER8 is a tool who cant drive! I was the passenger in the torana when you ran it... and the reason he backed off twice is its not good for the front wheels to come up off the ground on the street! you should tub that xr6 and probaly run some good times, my mate in melb with a purple xr6t recently cracked an 8! put a dog box in it man!
  2. yeah mate I know what your saying, my 355 ran 10.80 not long ago and ive always found people in these cars with 400+rwkw assume they can mop up anything as their car makes big power! theres a vx s/c r8 [NICER8] around here who thinks cos he has 650rwhp he will destroy anything, we brang out a HZ with a LS1 in it, runs 10.70 and it beat him by 6+ cars! I just find alot of these young blokes dont realise that a N/A Carby motor or even injected, If its well built is a true 1/4 mile car, they may not win dyno comps and stuff..but over 400mts not much gets near them that's why I was surprised when Brandonn chased us down and wanted to run the torana, I told him its a 9sec car and he didnt seem phased!
  3. explain how its not really a fair comparison? Brandonn, I was in the passenger.. next time I see you, take me for a spin! would be mad to see what my xr6T could one day be capable of! oh, my mate said thanks for the jump too! but it was fun though, the torana was on pump fuel last nite so only 26 degree timing... you should hear it on c16 and more timing :0!
  4. was out last night and saw this car in action, it ran a 308 Torana that's ran a 10.10 on pump fuel N/A , Xr6 lost by about 5 cars and again on the roll.. the torana even played with the xr on the first run backing off twice off the line for the xr to come on boost and take off first..he was a nice bloke though and its a nice car, it just shows that old skool still reing supreme
  5. in regards to a custom tune, dont you just plug it in from capa and its already tuned to go?
  6. Im looking at buying an x3 flash for $695 off the capa website this week, Just a quick question. my Auto BA xr6T is stock apart from the F6 cooler and Growler intake with KN filter. What RWKW could I expect to see with the addition of the X3? and will my fuel economy also be improved?
  7. spot on.... I cant beleive ppl are posting up calling the dude with the 2 kids an idiot, yet no comment on the retard who posts up about it and how his wife asked him to not do it...
  8. Your no better mate... you also participated in an illegal street race, which could have killed your wife. or anyone else on the road...and considering your wife actually asked you to not do it, that makes it even worse.. no regard for your passengers safety ?
  9. ive owned a VZ commodore, and I think your comment is abit ridiculous, the VZ is the last of that shape and is really a nice car to drive, I work at Hertz so I drive a million different makes and models day in day out... we carry all the big 3 toyota,holden,ford and the amount of FG's we are getting coming back in with problems is abit of a concern... 4 this week with smashed autos in NA xr6's!
  10. dont they still have the Shell Vpower Racing 100octane ?? I used to get that all the time in my WRX when living in Melbourne, never seen it up here in QLD
  11. Im sure this has been covered..sorry if it has! I just want to put a pod filter on and have it sitting in the airbox, with the top lid removed... will it mount on the stock piping, or will I need a special bracket to fit it... I just want it to rest in the airbox, anyone have pictures of theirs?
  12. it always amazes me why alot of you blokes bag holdens so much, im not a ford or a Expensive Daewoo man... but seriously, when it comes to aussie performance cars ... Ford have so far to go to catch up to Expensive Daewoo that its not funny! , im not talking in terms of whats the fastest at the moment..but over the last 20-30 years.. what has Ford really done.. you think back to holden, and whether you like them or not..there are alot of tough cars that have graced our aussie streets! , VH SS, Vl grpa ss, walkinshaws, Vn grp a, the HSV's ... really, what has ford done that is comparable? people mention the X series fords from the 70's, but Expensive Daewoo also had the Monaros, Torana's ..etc etc. and HSV's always look a sh*tload better than anything tickford or fpv has come up with!
  13. no way would I bother with the junk used car warranty, as its always financed from an outside company and they do the bare minimum!, If its still under factory warranty... as the others said, ring up a local ford dealer and book it in! demand new carpet dude!!! you have good reason for it!
  14. those rims were just 20x12's with a 7inch dish, they are just for cruising.
  15. U.G.L.Y. alot of ppl are going with that black/silver for their wheels, and I honestly think not many cars can pull it off... a blue ba is definately not one of them!, I think a lighter shade would do a world of wonders with your blue..
  16. ive seen this bonnet in the flesh, alan has done an awesome job with it and hopefully he gets a few made up for ppl who are interested in them! I would certainly consider one, they just look so tough! that bonnet with the territory scoop looks awful!!! , and these look alot tougher than the monaro bonnets... and in regards to ppl saying Ford had the bonnet vents long before Expensive Daewoo did... they had them on the original monaros! long before the XB did
  17. well wouldnt you be pissed if your supercharged ls1 was only putting out 250rwkw?? , they make more power with heads n cam packages... I didnt go and speak to the guy, so not sure what blower or psi it is running.. but it also had a full exhaust and obviously a tune, so that's almost 10k of modifications... wouldnt you expect more for that kind of dollar?... most make around 220rwkw with exhaust/edit ... that HQ surprised me, it sounded quite flat but still managed an impressive 250rwkw ...running Vn heads and a torker manifold!... anyone know what that black WH statesman made... as didnt hang around to see it!, there werent many Xr6T's there.. I was expecting alot of you blokes to be running your cars up!, I should have brang the Mrs XR down for a laugh!
  18. I must say it was pretty boring.... brang the WARTYM down, LH 355.. hung around for an hour or so and left, didnt see any big HP cars.. a supercharged gen3 making 250rwkw? lol, I would be seriously be f***n pissed if I was that bloke! , those things with a blower in melb are always good for 300+ on a stock motor... we then headed off down to alex beach with the green cortina , that runs 10.70.. tuff ford! a few ppl asked whether WARTYM was going on the dyno, but its not a dyno car.. its a drag car! its ran numerous 10.10- 10.30 passes @ 135mph+ aspirated, there is nothing to prove strapping it to a dyno!
  19. like I said,I aint bagging anyone... its just my view based on what ive seen from both states, and im no noob when it comes to modified cars either... ive owned 4 different 10sec street registered cars in my time, the xr6 is the mrs car that I have started to tinker with ... but ive down to goldy, brisbane etc etc and even up north.. and the car scene is just non existant when in comparison with melb and even syd.. even when I was at Jamboree.. just about all of the cars were not from QLD workshops... im not sure if you guys know the car either, but one of my mates in Melb has a purple xr6 running mid 9's... Carmen, it was built by Gtech.
  20. I didnt make my post to start any wars with anyone..You are definately right in regards to the drag strip, but that's not Melbournes fault.. its the fact the track its on is owned by a greedy *beep* who sees more value in selling the land for a housing estate! and everytime a world class track is put to tender..its gets shutdown by local councils.. etc etc.. but the street scene in melbourne is unlike nothing you could ever imagine, most weekends you will find 9sec cars crusing in packs along the main highways, QLD just doesnt have the same scene or the vast majority of tuners and workshops to compete with the levels they are reaching down south... come out on a friday night and head down princess hwy and you will see 8sec+ cars on the street.
  21. how many of you are going to be at this dyno day on saturday? I am planning on coming down at lunchtime.. and you will probaly hear me coming from maroochydore! ... haha, coming down in old skool carby 355 style is there a cruise or anything planned for after the dyno day??
  22. and im running your old cooler setup now Envyxr! , Sams bro is the head mechanic for Rajab Racing in Melbourne, and his coming up here soon.. so I may just get him to tune my car for me! would be streets ahead in knowledge of any tuner in QLD. From living in Melbourne all my life and having many modified cars, QLD seriously has the most duddest workshops around and practically zero big HP cars cruising up and down the streets! how many of you are going to be at this dyno day on saturday? I am planning on coming down at lunchtime.. and you will probaly hear me coming from maroochydore! ... haha, coming down in old skool carby 355 style
  23. Looking forward to seeing this car at the dyno day... may have to give it a little squirt against some old skool carby power , watchout for the 10sec torrie coming down
  24. well I just picked up a F6 cooler tonight, SS inductions Cold air intake and a KN Panel filter for $300! , looking forward to putting it all one and seeing how much of an imrpovement is there!
  25. nothing exciting mate, just getting a tranny cooler fitted.. and getting some other little bits n peices checked out that's bugging me! Mrs is like due Yesterday! so I cant even talk about doing stuff to the car at the moment without getting my head bit off!!
×
×
  • Create New...