-
Posts
113 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by kirjo
-
Extra incentive for me not to venture far from the nest...
-
Would be hard pushed to get a F6 cooler for $200. 250-350 is normally the going price from what I have seen. $300 without the pipes would be a decent deal.
-
Good question. Can someone please answer this? I was disappointed that the other one got locked too. I wanted to put my 2 cents in
-
Mate get your wheel balance checked. I had premature wear on the inside of my fronts and it threw the balance out on mine. Vibration from 80 through to about 100 km/hr. Classic symptom according to my suspension guy.
-
A tip I have heard mentioned: stick a torch in the exhaust. You will see the shiny flaky bits of the cat core if the cat has disintegrated
-
Brittany Spears 'Hit me baby one more time' = "Sleep with Me I'm not too young" hahahhaahahaha
-
Good 'ol Captain Bligh. Too busy deploying speed cameras catching people doing 10kays over to stop the ships from destroying the Barrier Reef. She should be locked up.
-
Where To Get Etm Braided Turbo Oil Lines ?
kirjo replied to PJDXR6t's topic in Forced Induction Workshop
You don't need replacement filters for these mate. Just crack open the filter and wash the screen out carefully in some kero -
rotten luck mate. Don't know what the standard procedure is for fixing the splines. Maybe take it to a machine shop and get them to spray weld and mill the splines. Should turn out to be much tougher than the standard jobbie. good luck mate cheers, J
-
Process of elimination mate. Go to Ford, get some F6 plugs part # AGSP22Z11. These are the best plugs and are only about 12-14 bucks each. If you are going to get your car tuned in the near future, gap them down to 0.75mm. This will save the labour getting it done later when you up the boost. Then go on ebay and get yourself some genuine Ford coil packs for dirt cheap. FORD BA - BF Brand NEW Genuine 6-Pack Ignition Coils - eBay, Other, Car Parts, Accessories, Cars, Bikes, Boats. (end time 19-Mar-10 04:40:50 AEDST) For about $250, you will get away with brand new genuine plugs and coils. If you go to ford for the coils, they will sting you about $500 for the set!
-
mmmm. reasonable burger
-
I've heard that the diff bushes in these can go really early, what is the difference between the fg and the ba/bf setup? My diff bush is reportedly still OK, after 110 000K
-
Bad luck mate. Hope your box is still ok. I think my next step will be a trans cooler after reading this...
-
How old are your coil packs mate? Loss of power on boost usually means coil packs are screwed. You can pick up genuine sets on ebay for around $160. cheers, J
-
You bet mate. I think putting 20s on my car when it's a daily driver is one of the WORST decisions I have ever made. Don't even think about it! I think I'm going to get some steel rims and go the 'taxi' look. The 20s will be sold for a cheap price after 2 get replaced under insurance. Yeh, I sent them a long winded sob story email and cc'd in my insurance company. Not much more I can do really. I'm driving a hire car around now and after all that rain I'm glad I am. The roads have really taken a pounding.... Toyota corolla yeah!
-
Just the F6 cooler mate. That's all.
-
Thanks for the support guys. Makes me feel a little better. To say that I have been loosing sleep over it is an understatement. The rain doesn't make things better as you guys have said. The water seeps in the cracks, and as the traffic drives over it, it 'pumps out' the soil material (road base) below the asphalt or bitumen seal. With no support, the road collapses into a 'pothole'. That's the theory of it anyway... What they use to patch holes is 'cold mix' asphalt. This will not stay around for long if they don't first prime the pocket with some cutback bitumen so the stuff sticks in there. It's like filling a tooth- You will notice that the dentist will prime the hole before he fills it with amalgum or that other white crap that they use. Secondly, they have to compact it down properly, so when a fully loaded mudcarter drives his truck over it, it doesn't create another depression. Anyway, what I wanted to ask does anyone in brisbane have any cheap 17's or stockies they can sell me? I need to put the 20s on Ebay as soon as they are replaced.... cheers, Jeremy
-
17" Or 18" Wheels To Clear Brembo'S On Fg F6 Ute
kirjo replied to SMURF6's topic in Wheels and Tyres
I will be doing the same thing mate. Large hoops look good, but they are only good in countries without third world quality roads. Would you mind saying how much they set you back? -
I work for Main Roads in the Geotechnical Department, and I never knew they could be so accommodating!! I am led to believe that Sir Kingsford Smith Drive is not a gazetted road, therefore the BCC is responsible?
-
Read the article in the latest Wheels magazine about the Aurion. The issue with the new FPV GT HO on the front cover! Apparently they are all over the shot like a mad woman's sh*t. Torque steer is pretty horrendous...
-
Not at all. Just a dirty great big hole in the ground. Here are some images of AFTER the repair job. Apparently it was repaired within the hour of me reporting it on Sunday morning.
-
The lip of the rim looks thin in the photo, but the wall is 1/2 inch thick. You just can't see it because it's black on the inside. I have no doubt in my mind that if I was running the stock 17s there would still be damage. A 6 inch hole in the ground. Anyway, just went back to have a look and it wasn't a pot hole, it was an excavation that some mong had dug in the middle of the ing road.
-
Yeah, I originally decided on 18s but the guys talked me in to getting 20s. Big mistake . I'm going back to 18s for sure, or even some stocko BA rims. That way I can afford more tyres too! So if anyone are after a mint set of 20s less than 6 months old (2 will be getting replaced) with good rubber, I will do you a good deal. Or swap with standard wheels
-
RDP have new owners and they are now called Real Dyno Performance. I have only heard excellent feedback from people who have had their cars tuned there, and I am over the moon with the work they have done on my car.
-
How I would love to mate. Read my other thread 'my 20S have been wrecked'. I don't think she would pass scrutineering with those wheels, and I sold my 17s. BIG mistake!!
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.