Jump to content

trbo 6

Member
  • Posts

    230
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by trbo 6

  1. I'll be there. Waiting on some slicks from a mate that works at Bridgestone. See you down there.
  2. Yeah, I found this out as well. I put a high stall in my car and I managed to stall it up to just over 3000rpm which made it go into limp mode and only start in 3rd. I just had to turn the car off and on again and it was fine.
  3. If it's that dangerous when you're driving in the wet maybe you should invest in an aftermarket T/C ... might save yourself (and maybe others) a lot of grief This is one of the main reasons I never take any of my "treasured" cars out in the wet, all the "Brocky's" seem to come out as well..... I'm just saying the car can break lose at this speed, if your not carefull. I definately don't go out and drive like a :o . I drive 1000km+ a week and consider myself a safe driver. I'm only saying the car has kicked out on me while trying to over take in the wet. There might be some "Brocky's" out there but I'm definately not one of them.
  4. How do they get a firmer shift without changing the line pressure and how come it costs so much what else is involved in modding the T. I've just had my trans rebuilt with high friction clutches and a modified valve body, I'm now worried that this won't hold up to the PhII power. What else can be done??
  5. I've got an auto and the back end kicks out in the cold at about 3500rpm The car is just ing DANGEROUS in the wet. Can lose the arse end at 100clicks no probs.
  6. Will do. Might go see Spiro when I get the car back from the trans guy.
  7. Definately in 2nd, I know cause it shifts another 2 times. 2+2=4. If I flatten it, it will just take off very slowly and probably burn my clutches out again. Once the car is moving and I flatten it, it will kick back.
  8. I've just had the auto pulled out and had new clutches installed and increased the pressure for the shift. I also had a hi-stall converter put in. Only 300-400rpm higher than standard. Now when put in normal drive mode the car will start in 2nd gear, once going the car runs normally, shifts through gears and gears down as it always did. I know there is a limp mode but when in limp mode the trans is supposed to select 3rd and not change. When put into performance mode ie. manually changing gears, the trans works as it should. Has anyone out there had a similar problem or have any ideas what could be wrong, because it's got me and the transmission guy stuffed. Damn I wish I got the manual somtimes.
  9. I was speaking to an APS dealer not long ago and was told that my injectors that I had installed about 8 months ago in the Phase II are no longer used. They now use a larger injector in the Phase II. Can someone confirm this and if so explain why this has been done. It seems that the first few to install the Phase II have paid the same price for the kit and been left with smaller injectors. I only ask this as I am now starting to hear detonation on hard throttle with the air con on and am worried about the size of the injectors. I'm also getting a buzzing noise from the APS fuel pump (with air con on). Has anyone else had a similar problem??
  10. trbo 6

    Stone chips

    Yep I've had my T for a year now and bonnet is covered in chips, gonna have to buy a car bra.
  11. Not to sure if if this has been discussed as I have been away for a while, but I have a friend that rebuilds tourque converters. He has recently gone to a seminar showing details of the new 6 speed auto's that are to be used in both the falcon and the commodore. This is only info that has been passed on to me so don't shoot the messenger. If you know otherwise please correct me.
  12. It's not just about how many KW a car has. Turbo's deliver their power differently to Na's. The RS has probably got a load less tourque than the falcon and may be geared slightly different giving it slower times. same with the CSV 370Kw. Can you please explain how stalling a car up is "uneven ground" when both cars are able to either stall up or dump the clutch?? You were wrong and that's that. Back to topic!!
  13. No, not kidding just realistic. Im assuming and having seen videoes of the mag reviwers doing it, that they just floor the car without stalling it at all which is why you see the top cars in PCOTY only score low 13's. The cars weren't designed to stall at high revs and then have the clutch dropped or brake released on autos, which is why at every meet there are cars that fail to complete their runs. Stalling your vehicle like that would only ever be done on the track which is why it isnt a realistic indication of the vehicles performance. Geeseman there is apsolutely no way they would get a standard auto T to run 14.2 sec as claimed in the motor mags without stalling the car up, espicially with the lag from the turbo. The converters are made to stall to a certain limit even on standard cars, so why wouldn't they do it. I wouldn't call 2000rpm high revs for a stall either. Most drag cars are set up with 4000rpm+ stalls. The cars performance should be based on the fastest possible time in this case over 400m whichis done by stalling the car up.
  14. As shown in sig Time was done at WSID.
  15. Just to make it clear to you. I never questioned the fact that the TR3650 was used in the pursuit, I wasn't aware that this was the tranny used in the new BA but you are the first to tell me that so thanks for clearing that up. I also was just quoting what autospeed said about the T45. What I am trying to get at if you havn't already got it is, the T45 as I understand it is the same as the T5 only with stronger internals. If the swap is possible it may well be a cheaper alternative for us who don't want to spend $10000 on a 6 speed.
  16. Tremec TKO WILL NOT FIT THE BA FALCON. It does not fit into the tunnel. Ben. Pretty hypothetical all this. ... if the TKO don't fit in the tunnel you can't use use it regardless of wether it can handle the power or not... The T45 and the TKO are different boxes aren't they??
  17. XR8 does use the imported tremec box see below http://www.ford.com.au/falcon/pdf/Manual%2...n%20upgrade.pdf
  18. Australian Mustang?? Don't they import them and change driving positions. I would have thought the driveline would stay the same. The T45's are handling big power figures in the States without modifying the box. If it fits why not use it??
  19. Yep surprised a few skylines and 200sx's. Even those WRX shopping trolly things.
  20. Just read an autospeed article saying that the xr8 had the T45 mustang spec gearbox and all sixes had the Aus spec T5. The T45 is been used in the states behind the some supercharged mustang's and is coping well. This might have been discussed before but I havn't seen it as yet. The cost for a T45 from the states is about US$1100 plus freight. Does anyone know if there is any difference inbetween the T45 in the xr8 and the T45 out of the Mustang??
  21. I think the Ford explorer throttle body is compatible and is bigger than that on the T. Might be worth looking into.
  22. Speedo runs off the ABS not the transmission. I got a price for a box that would apparently hold the power. It's a tremec TKO and cost $4000. Then You would need bellhousing with starter, flywheel, hydraulic lines and cylinder, extra pedal and clutch plate and all interior trimmings added maybe even a modified tailshaft. Think you'd be looking at about $7000. Fix the auto with new clutch pack for $500-800 once it's out and sell it for $2000 and it'll still cost me $5500-5800.
  23. The box in the pursuit is the same as the AU T series, it is a hybrid TR3650 Tremec, modified locally by Tickford. It is not a T5. The VL turbos that blow the factory Jatco usually end up with a Trimatic. Read This http://www.autospeed.com.au/cms/A_1508/article.html From the Autospeed article listed above. "The 250kW manual Falcons use an imported Mustang-spec Tremec five speeder for its extra torque capacity compared to the Borg Warner/Tremec Aussie-made T5 used in other manual Falcons. The gearing although no doubt responsible for the class-leading throttle response in the 5.0-litre 220kW Falcon XR8 sedans and utes, is too low for the torque of the larger-capacity 250kW torquers." There is also a strengthened T5 that fordboy1981 was talking about in a previous thread that I am also looking at. As for swapping from auto to manual are there any electrics from the gearbox to tell the computer what gear it's in??
  24. Will do. I've also got another mob chasing up a price for a strengthened T5 in place of the auto in Sydney. Ill let you Know how I go.
  25. Think you might have more chance of fitting one into an old capri.
×
×
  • Create New...