Maxx Power
Member-
Posts
327 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Maxx Power
-
Sorry to hear it mate, I saw it being towed towards the end of the night :( Best of luck with the new diff!
-
Well got my car back from its 15k service and subsequent reflash and it seems to have its normal punch to me.. I haven't noticed any real decrease in power at all to be honest.
-
Pretty average night in terms of oil all over the track 5 times from comp. cars. But what can you do? The old man's car ran a best of 14.052 @ 101.78 MPH. I was expecting a 13 from it, but I dont think there was much grip out there as when I had a shot I stalled it to about 1800RPM and it instantly lit up the tyres when I got of the brake. In my car I was able to launch it at 2000RPM all day last time.. The MPH from his car shows its got a 13 in it for sure, just have to get it off the line cleanly I spose.
-
My car won't be dragging on Sat but I will still go. I took my car to Maughn Thiem today for its 15k service and for them to fix my limp home mode problem. (Car goes into limp home mode randomly, and it had been getting worse). When I picked the car up I was told the limp mode error is fixed now and all is fine. I drive out literally 200m from the dealer and what happens? Bang. Straight into limp home mode. So I limp it back to the dealer thinking 'this is crap and cannot be happening'.. Dealer says 'Oh! Did it do that did it!? I am sorry we will need to order parts for it so you want to leave it here till next Tuesday?" I politely refused (biting my tongue at the same time) and said "Only if you can get me a loan car as I can't get home otherwise.. plus I need it for work." I was told they dont have any and I should have booked in advance. So I am meant to book a loan car in advance but they cannot order the parts in advance? I was told a WEEK ago over the phone, 'sure its a common problem, easy fix' so why not ORDER the bloody PARTS in advance if it is such a common occurance! Or at least have them on the shelf!!!!!!!!!!!! I am not happy as I miss out on drag racing plus I have no car!!! Bloody hell!
-
They will tell you when its on over the PA and all you have to do is head to where they tell you. Last time it was on the in field. You line up and they ask you your nominated time and off you go. Good fun. My mate came 3rd in it last time! Spewing! He broke out in the semi final! I only made it through to the 2nd round last time as I smoked it up off the line and stuffed up!
-
How can mine and other peoples run high 13's and flat 14's then all of a sudden it runs almost a 15!?!?! Something is not right here.. What the XR8 run 13.99 - funny that.. maybe they want some more XR8 sales?
-
He means a look and run. We want XR8 Vs T runs! BAturb - edit sounds good but I may not have the car much longer, looking into houses.
-
Well mine is getting a reflash on Thursday as part of its service as it keeps getting the trans error.. So providing I have the car back I will be there, probably never see another 13 from it again after the reflash - but eh, what can you do?
-
Well my stock car is going in for a service on thrusday. This will be interesting as after that it will be going down the 1/4 mile again. Before any services it ran 13.84 so if it runs 14.5s after the service obviously something is up... Will be interesting to see what happens.
-
Is yours stock? That is big MPH if it is a stock car, you should crack a 13 easy this time!
-
Utter crap. Mine ran 13.84@101MPH and that is legitimate stock. My 60 foot for that run was about 2.100 so how could he run that big MPH with such a crap 60 foot time in a stock car! For a comparison, last night I got a bad launch and a 60 foot time of 2.4 and it ran 14.5@96MPH.. I think you win or lose in the first 60 feet.
-
As will I.
-
Well the drags got called off due to a huge dust storm that hit at about 7PM. Managed to get 2 runs in with a best of 14.00@100 MPH when it was 34 degrees. Pretty dissapointed as it was called of at about 8PM.. so not much running time. Pretty sure Brad ran a 13.4 from memory, his car sounded bloody nice! They will be on in 2 weeks time again, I will be there again as I believe on a colder night I can run another 13.8 or maybe a high 13.7.
-
It is April Fools day isn't it?
-
See you there XR888. I will be there with my mate in his red EL. I am hoping it will be nice and cool but it looks like it will be warmer than last time. Should be a good night if we can get a lot of runs in.
-
Anyone going to AIR this weekend for the drags? I am tempted to compete again as last time was so much fun. My mate in his SS went to the last one and reckons he could have had about 20 runs as there were hardly any competition cars! I hope its the same this sat.. Oh and he ran a PB of 13.700 (VY SS with Exhaust and CAI)
-
-
You know you want to Terry.
-
Ah! Well that's ok then isnt it! I was going to say, who would be mad enough to sit there for 24 hours! I take it the F1 car is worth winning?
-
You mean this bloke really exists?
-
What a cracker of a weekend. Me and my mates sat in the Turn 8 stand so we saw plenty of big accidents like Ellery moving the barriers back about a foot! The M3 crash was sickening to watch though.. 200 clicks into a wall with no brakes :( Saturday was a bit of a blur as 3 of us polished off a 30 pack of Extra Dry in an esky in the back of my car before going and watching the race. Bit cheaper than paying $4.50 for a VB! Bring on next year!
-
I am not even going to consider that.. You mean a 24 Hour of the old ring or the new GP track one?
-
For sure, a comp would be great. There is on already on Aust Ford Forums so may as well have one here. Rules of the comp are you have to be in arcade mode and run a stock typhoon around the 'Ring as fast as you can. And a pic of the screen as evidence!
-
All 4 days. I will be with my mates in the Adelaide Straight Gold stand. (Turn 8 the sweeper where they all crash!)
-
What a cracker of a game! Playing more and more just makes you realise how good it is. The handling of the cars vairies so much! I have been caning my Typhoon for a while then I bought an M3. The handling is so much better! Anyone run a lap of the 'Ring yet? My best is a 8:19.200 in a stock typhoon. Still think I can go faster than that as I binned it on one of the corners! Great game
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.