Jump to content

Grass

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    447
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Grass

  1. Grass

    Can This Work?

    http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...559&hl=vaporate
  2. Grass

    Can This Work?

    There is a thread somewhere already open aobut this one.
  3. Grass

    Omg

    And with ALL that Yellowcake sitting up there in QLD / NT how long do you think it would take for us to "bolt" one together, if we had too ? Not long at all. Hardest thing about a nuke is getting the radio active stuff, the rest is just simple physics....
  4. Exactly right, as was promised by SCT - the Edit is undetectable. The rest of this ring-a-ring a rosie bullsh*te is pathetically ridiculous. Amazing what complete crud some people will swallow. Has anyone thought about the fact the Ford may simply right out a value to EEPROM memory that stores how many times the unit has been Flashed? It's then real easy to go back to your service records and check how many times the dealer has actually done it, compared to the number that has been stored in the unit ? And before someone asks, YES there are areas of EEPROM that won't be overwritten by a Flash... Serial number of the ECU and VIN number are probably just 2 examples.
  5. Grass

    Omg

    Well hopefully they pull their heads in, cause if Bush gets pushed, he will level the middle east, without a second thought.
  6. Considering I know dealers that will fit custom exhausts BEFORE they deliver the Brand new car, I think you should have tried a bit harder. Different Exhaust causing a Turbo to pop ? I don't think so.......
  7. Your Last ? How many have you done ?
  8. Running 30/32 on mine. Done 36,000 no sign of bad wear yet and no problems with grip
  9. There's no way in hell my car will start with the battery disconnected! Sorry that should have been AFTER the battery has been disconnected. Thank you bkofoed (Brett), that explains those points extremely well (better than I can) and highlighted the completeness and finality of the exercise, should the rumours from Ford be true. Don't forget guys, these Edits will be costing the a small FORTUNE in Gearbox and diff warranty claims alone.
  10. Simple, pull the battery or use the reset jumper, easy and have done it many times... (Final solution a new BIOS chip, but that is getting messy...) That's exactly what I am getting at, There is NO reset link or battery to pull out on the Ford ECU's. E squared (or EEProm) is not Volatile memory like in your PC, once it is written it is there until it is over written. Taking off the board, taking away the battery etc has NO effect. You will find the Ford are also writing the Firmware image to the E squared as well. Ever wondered why your car still starts even it the battery is disconnected. It is ALL in PERMANENT memory. What's written in there stays there. Like a DVD drive that has the regions changed on it, once you exceed your number of regions there aint nothing you can do about it, disconnecting it, moving to another Pc, everytime it knows it has been changed too many times.
  11. What the ? Goes to show just how far behind the GM boys really are. Downdraft Cabies, with a DIZZY ? Please boys into the 21 century please. Fuel injection has been around for about 25 years now on performance engines hasn't it ? And if they want it to RUN, it really should be running a coil per plug..... Ferrari and BMW probably produce the same horses out of 3 litres...
  12. Cheers Johnny, Have a fourth glass for me...
  13. It's obvious you guys have never dealt with embedded firmware. There must be a bootloader of some description and 100% of the boot loaders I have ever played with can easily be written to accept passwords. We are developing on a Power PC platform at present and from the feed back I've had from our dev guys in the USA, it is extremly similar to the Black oak platform.. and guess what, we run Passwords at the bootloader level, long before any app is loaded. You can get around it, it you have the internal developers code to catch these things as they boot and to poke memory to see if you can find the passwords, but it they are hashed, GOOD LUCK. If you were capable of "formatting" the whole thing, there would be no bootloader to accept the new incoming Firmware image.. so guess what, back to Ford for a new one. There must always be some Low Level type bootloader if you are going to have a "Flashable" unit. If in the above example you did set a BIOS password, how do you FLASH your BIOS, seeing you would have to enter the password to get the PC to Boot? Your only out there is the backup battery. Now just imagine that password itself was written to ESquared ? No chance in hell of getting around it. Would take the Ford guys about a week to implement and test. EASILY Done..
  14. Hmm, so why are all the "Favourites" like Black / Red/ Silver etc all still here ? They must be POPULAR and are not being phased in and out as you put it.... It only the experimental colours that are going in and out and that's becuase they shaft the UNPOPULAR ones.
  15. Grass

    Meet The Wog

    Are you bringing the ex dw so we have that auction. yes she's taking the kids to the theme parks while I tune!!! DAMN, I was hoping you'd drop her off in Sydney on the way past !!
  16. Grass

    Yes!

    This happened months ago, about December last year I think....
  17. Maybe I am a bit slow here but what do you mean by (you take your T to the drive in)What's wrong with that? JET Well errmm... we are talking about drive in movies arn't we Put out the bait, and see if some one takes it (CHIC) Ok here is another clue you will need more than Maguires Maguires Maguires Hmm, I'm not sure Dunlop make the sort of rubber you are reffering to here.
  18. I didn't think it would change the resale value.... For resale value someone must WANT to buy that colour.... Ford have phased it out for a reason....probably cause it was the least popular.
  19. Well this will be my first cruise and my last by the sound of it. I work for a German based company and I have enough of "Nazism" at work, I sure as hell don't want it in my social life as well. We drive spirited cars, if we all want to drive around in a pack playing follow the leader, we might as well be driving N/A's or Volvo's and put our tweed hats on. I thought this was a forum for people with similar interests in cars, I must have missed the part where it became a full on society with by-laws and regulations? Please correct me Cro if I am out of order.... I think you are 100% spot on. The problem is not every body feels the same way, and we have to respect that. I know I am the cause of most of the grevences on our cruises, and these new rules will help tone down the scary effect that some members and their families experience. These rules will apply to site organised cruises, not cruises/track days that members organise (and there will be plenty of those in the near future). .Cheers, But I thought this was a member organised trip (I.e. Ken...) I think it would be fantastic seeing 30 or 40 T's all playing follow the leader down the Hume, but when we get into the "challenging" stuff, fine I understand not everyone wants to check the limits of tyre traction. So nominate a "meeting point" a half hour or hour up the track where everyone can met up again and the boy wonders can then get a move on and play (at their own peril) while the rest do it how ever they like. We all met up at Point Zulu.. and continue our run.
  20. Grass

    Rear Window Sill

    Buy a Black T, you'll never notice it. I haven't
  21. Thank you Trumpy... I've actually run out..
  22. Yep, that's the way I see it as well. We need something that will let us BACKUP the currect firmware / flash and store if for later use. I might like the new factory tune ford put it, or they may f**k it completely. It is do able... just need to find some one with the patients who is willing to help. After all, it is only a bit of firmware, just the same as updating the bios on your PC.
  23. And I thought she was blonde.... Well she is blonde in that photo..
  24. I'd love to know the answer, I have asked before, but not really got the answer. I'm just looking for some way to back up what is in my car at present and when Ford F*** with it at service time, I can un-do there stuff ups
  25. Well this will be my first cruise and my last by the sound of it. I work for a German based company and I have enough of "Nazism" at work, I sure as hell don't want it in my social life as well. We drive spirited cars, if we all want to drive around in a pack playing follow the leader, we might as well be driving N/A's or Volvo's and put our tweed hats on. I thought this was a forum for people with similar interests in cars, I must have missed the part where it became a full on society with by-laws and regulations? Please correct me Cro if I am out of order....
×
×
  • Create New...