-
Posts
76 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by jim985
-
One thing to keep in mind if you are changing the suspension is your insurance. I am insured to drive a Turbo but if I change the suspension then they boot me from the policy. I think these cars look really good with nice wheels on the stock ride height. Having the top of your wheels up under your wheel arch is a terrible look, its in my bag of pet hates along with chev badged holdens. If you are planning on upgrading to a turbo once you get your full licence be careful what mods you do as many mods actually make your car worth less then it would be stock. Wheels and a head unit are good additions. If you want more performance I would just go for the tner as you can keep it for you next car. If you get an exaust maybe look into getting one that you will keep to use on your T when you get it. I am sure you will enjoy the car, it is a very powerful car to start on anyway and should be heaps of fun.
-
Hi guys, I started to discuss this issue in another thread, but I think this this section of the forum is more suited to the question. I am getting a water in the rear foot wells of my 08 BF mkII, I have got the car booked in to be fixed on the 17th. I was wondering if anyone else has had this problem and knows the cause of this. Thanks.
-
Car is still leaking water even after my silicon job. Booked it in to be looked at the place I bought it from. Has anyone else had this problem (water into the rear footwells)? If so what was the cause?
-
The boot was dry, the water was mainly in the carpet at the rear of the cabin, and the rear seats were damp. I was thinking I could just stick the nozzle of a silicon gun in that split and silicon it all up. I don't mind it looking a little messy there. After I fill up the hole with silicon I could wrap it in something too like electrical tape. As they say "if it cant be fixed with sticky tape it cant be fixed"
-
Here are some pics of the hose that is split. Anyone know a way I can fix this without bothering with going to the dealership, I am sick of arguing over this stuff and would rather have my car at home where I can use it.
-
Ford rejected my warranty claim, they said being an ex police car it has had holes drilled in it. They charged me $80 to tell me this. I told them that if they were going to charge me they need to point out where the leak is coming from so I can get the other dealer to fix it. There are a few small holes around the boot that have silicone plugging them up, also there is a black rubber hose that goes from the back right of the boot lid into the car, this has a big split in it and they said water goes through there. I asked for a part number and they wouldnt give me one, only a price $487. They said that is for the rear wiring harness. Now im a little confused at how 25cm of rubber hose can be worth $500. From what I can tell spare parts have no clue what service does and service cant explain the part names so that spares can find it. I am reverting back to my original plan of getting the Expensive Daewoo dealer to fix it under satuatory warranty, but I will prob need to tell them what the part is they need to order, or else have them stuff about doing nothing with my car for days like ford did. Does anyone know what this part is called? I'll take a photo of it and put it on here if needed. Thanks
-
ok guys ill change the local ford place and tell them if the carpet still smells I want it replaced. Thanks for the advice.
-
I bought it from a Expensive Daewoo dealer. I have it booked in there to be looked at under the used car warrenty. Should I be asking for new carpet? I thought once it dried out it would be ok. I would prefer to take it back to the dealer I bought it from as they offered me a warrenty with the condition of getting it serviced there every 5000k's, so I want to get my monies worth from them before I stop worrying about the warranty and take it to a site sponser for services/tunes instead.
-
Hey guys. Just wanted to show off my new car. I just bought it. O8 BF mkii XR6T. Its my first fast car, having double the power of what I traded in. I am absolutley loving it. That is besides the leak that makes the carpet wet when it rains and makes the whole car smell like wet socks. Anyway I have tryed to attach some photos, I hope they work.
-
Seduced thatnks for the relpies, ill be sure to check that stuff out. I am pretty sure it was the dealer who did the cosmetic upgrades, as they have another XR6T with all the same stuff done to it. I think it was ex government, as 90k on an 08 is almost impossible for a private owner. Thanks again for helping me out. Hopefully ill be a proper member of these forums soon (I.e actually have a falcon) Jim
-
I have found another car, with pretty much the same specs as the one I originally started this post about. I have been offered a good changeover for my car and have put a deposit down to hold the car till I can inspect it, and they can inspect mine. Can anyone give me any advice on what too look for in this car, like common issues etc. I am pretty sure the dealer is going to tell me I did not describe mine accurately and he wants more money etc, but im ready for those games. I just need some advice on making sure the Falcon is everything I want it to be. BFmkii 2008, 90k kms, auto, stripes, XR8 bonnet, 5 year dealer warranty. Also has 20 inch rims, but I asked him to put the stock ones back on, I dont want the extra cost for the tires.
-
The car was sold when I got to the dealer to inspect anyway. Was a nice waste of an afternoon. Thanks for the help guys. Im trying to sell my car privately now, then I should have more options and choice. I would put mine in the market section but I dont have enough posts and dont feel like spamming other peoples threads to get it there. If anyone is interested in an 03 Impreza RS, pm me and ill send you the carsales link.
-
Something about not needing a big engine to feel manly?
-
that insurance would be huge, and very few companies would touch you. It is bad enough for me and im 24. There are plenty of fun cars out there that are legal. I can recommend an impreza RS, looks like a wrx, handles like a wrx and is still no slug as it has a 2.5lt engine. Insurance is pretty good too. Or alternativly if you want chicks to like your car (was a big consideration for me at your age) try a new mini. Fun little car that will really pull the skirt.
-
Do they really go for that low? On the Government Auctions site, they predict between 20-24k for most of the chasers. I would love to spend more but I am really at my max to get to low 20's. Being a uni student is not good for cash flow. I have landed a summer job 3 days drive away from where I live, and want to drive the car there. So I really need to sell mine and buy a new one soon so I can get any little problems sorted before I set off. I don't have heaps of time to play with, and if I dont go through a dealer then I will have to sell my car private, which is also a pain. I know I may end up paying a little more for the convienience, but as long as the extra money also is including a warranty, and a car that has been properly looked over then im happy. My dad was both a cop and a car salesman. He reckons the cop cars were still good when he got rid of them (mid you this was a LONG time ago). He also said that when big dealers buy cars from the auctions the get their mechanics to check them over, if they are bad they just send them back to the auctions for a refund. With all that in mind, if the car seems tired or worn I just wont buy it. Someone has suggested looking at the oil line to the turbo, is there any other bits I should pay particular attention to? I do appreciate everyones help, and do agree that ideally I would spend closer to 30k for a mint one, but ideal doesnt really come into it.
-
I have not seen many Bfii's for low 20's that are not ex cop cars. I would like to go with a dealer as its easier to just trade in my car then sell it. I would only buy this car if I was offered an extended warranty with it. I see many people saying never buy an ex cop car, but there are also many who say they have actually bought one and it was fine. I have yet to read a post by someone who bought one and it was bad, most of the negative posts seem to be from people theorising about how bad they must be. If anyone knows of a better deal do point it out as I am having trouble finding a bf with warranty for low 20's that's not ex police. I do appreciate everyones feedback and advice. Thanks
-
Thanks for the info guys. I called the dealer back today and spoke to a different salesman, he told me that what the first guy said was wrong. At least I know who to ask for when I go see the car later in the week. I was thinking of pushing them for $23k with an extra warranty, does this sound like the right sort of price. The car is EX police, 88000km, built 02/08. Its got the premium sound and window tint.
-
Hi guys. After waiting years its looking like I may finally be able to get an XR6 turbo. I have found an ex government one that is advertised as a 2008 bf mkii. The salesman told me that ford upgraded the BF before the release of the fg, and this one has the fg engine with 270 kw. I have never heard of this, and after doing searchs both on this forum and on google have found nothing written about it. Does anyone know if the salesman is correct or if he is just being well a car salesman. Also anyone know what a white stock 2008 BF mkii with 88000k's is worth? It is advertised for $25k.
-
Pretty much confirming what I was thinking. XR6T is going to be my best option. The only other car on my list I could realistically live with is the monaro. Sports cars are great, until you have to drive them everyday. Every time I drive my Impreza for more then 40 mins I miss the seats in my old EF Gli Wagon.
-
Hi guys Im new member that has been a fan of the XR6T ever since it was released, but have never had the money to actually buy one (uni student, long term). I am interested to know what other cars people looked at / considered when getting the falcon, and why you decided on the falcon in the end. I will prob be able to finally get an XR6T mid next year, other cars I would consider are V8 Monaro (manual), Nissan 350Z (manual), Mini Cooper S (manual), Porshe 944 turbo (manual). However due mainly to how unique and brilliant the barra engine is I am very strongly leaning towards a BF mk2 Turbo with the ZF box. As you can see I like quite a range of sizes and styles, and I was wondering if other members are the same. Jim
-
Hi guys I am new here and this is my first post. I am in a similar situation as the OP, wanting an xr6T but can only afford a BA. Not really too interested in mods, as the insurance is already pricey enough with the stock car. I have heard bad things about the 4sp auto box breaking due to fluid from some other part leaking into it. Is this a common problem, and would it be reason to avoid 4sp completely? If I cant afford a 6 speed should I just forget about trying to get an xr6t? Thanks
-
Auctions can be tricky. Good Luck and dont get the fever
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.