Jump to content

bbong

Member
  • Posts

    71
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bbong

  1. bbong

    Clubsport

    There's not going to be a BA GTHO. Because there is no correlation between road car & race car anymore, the need to build a high performance model has dissappeared. The High performance scandal of the 70's has also guietly happened again. The GT is a genuine Grand Tourer as it was designed to be. You can drive it 1000's of k's, get out and think lets do that again. You cant do that in an XR's or any of the Expensive Daewoo range. Horses for courses. I love my GT
  2. Hey exaresix, bring your mate to the drags saturday night, and then the Lucinda cruise on sunday. NO finance excuses please!
  3. Mrs Smith is allowed to drive me home on saturday nights only. I dont drink on other nights.
  4. Yep. the sound of a sweet V8 on song is hard to go past. You just want to drive around in lower gears with the revs up all of the time.(either that or go real fast) Dont worry about the paint, make the change and nail them on the changeover
  5. KInd regards, lad. Thanks for the hekpfull advice. It took me six months to test drive a GT then 3 days to buy it. I can take my time. Thanks again. If you ever get to the real Queensland(North of the tropic of capricorn) look us up.
  6. Jealousy is a terrible thing. It took me 40 odd years to own a GT and I just love it. The reaction from people who see it parked at my business is often negative, but I like to lighten the situation and let them know we all have choices. My choice is to have a nice car! So is yours! Stick with it, keep smiling You Won. You will also notice that Expensive Daewoo drivers will protrude 1 finger at you on a regular basis. Treat this as the worst form of jealousy.
  7. Argh, good to see the cub scouts having a little niggle amongst themselves. From everything I have read, venom is right. Unfortunately no one wins these discussions though. Mind you I win everyday, cos I drive a GT and I couldnt give a rats fat crack about 1/4 mile times or o-100k times. Ive said it before, its a long way to anywhere up here, so you might as well relax & enjoy the ride. I think you turbo boys have gotten a bit twisted with your short runs! Look at the bigger picture and enjoy your motoring in Australias newest cult car.
  8. Hey siccar, Ive done 7000 k's and averaged 15.7l according to the trip computer. It hasnt been reset since day 1. Mind you big engine, big power, fuel economy who cares! Just enjoy the exhilarating driving experience of the best aussie built v8 road engine ever.
  9. Hypnodoc, Graeme here from BBong. Just interested in your mod's. I am up to 7000k's and feel the need for a grunt top up. Did you use the ss induction or BMC, I notice you have a BMC filter. What exhaust mods did you do. I am considering just a cats back free flow dual system. Did you put a bigger throttle body on. I am not going to. Am also putting a Herrod Throttle body spacer on. Is that the vortex unit you speak about. How did you work out your fwkw. Dyno before & after? Look forward to hearing from you when you are next near a computer. Regards
  10. I pay $1070 with a rating 2 on the GT, thanks to my wife having a bit of a dust up with my AU fairmont Ghia before I sold it. It will drop to $800 next year when I get rating 1 back. Oh and lay off the merc silver please. Some of us appreciate finer qualities of paint as well as mechanicals!
  11. Forgot the shot
  12. Hey hypnodoc, what does the warn & 5 stars mean on my posts. Am I doing something wrong. This mornings courier mail has an article about the Royal Childrens Hospital Auction on the weekend. DJR Signed Poster $350 HRT cap $35 Score Ford 1 Expensive Daewoo nil This shot shows why Expensive Daewoo drivers are scared. And that's just sitting still in the carpark
  13. This is a quick photo of "old meets new". A bonding type of thing you know. Makes sure the heritage lives on!
  14. Go the Mercsilver.
  15. Hi folks. I average about 16litres, mainly city driving out of mine. Got the average down to 12 on a 3000 k round trip to the sunshine coast. But lets face it GT and fuel consumption probably shouldnt be mentioned in the one sentence. Just enjoy it. The bizarre thing for me is I cant get more than 57 litres into mine when its down to 20k to empty. Either the fuel tank is smaller in the GT(the manual says not) or I have an airlock/blockage of some sort. I get 360ks around town about 520 on the highway which aint too bad. Nice photoes mercturbo, you know everytime I see a different coloured machine,I wonder if I bought the right colour. Each one is so individual. Love the big steering wheel, I want that as well. Unfortunately its a $1400 option aftermarket at ford. Anybody got a better price. PS how do you get those descriptions of your cars etc down the bottom of each post?
  16. Are you saying they will replace the pads under warranty? They have taken mine out and scuffed them up twice, but they are back squeeling again, at the 7000k mark. It would be a nicer car without the squeel!
  17. Other than oil, the only hidden trap I found was that the wheels have different offsets front to back and can't be rotated. My ford dealer didnt realise and rotated them for me instead of rotating the tyres only. Fixed the problem after I read it in the owners manual. I'd done 1200ks on them by then. that's probably something that the sales people should be telling buyers. Happy GTing
  18. Sounds like mine is normal. Is everybody using the 0w40 oil that is advised. Here in NQ all the dealers are pushing 5w40. I make them get in the Mobil1 that the cap says must be in it. What do you reckon.
  19. Third gear passes, I like to be in 2nd, up around the limiter, the howl scares my kids, but they will get used to it. For anybody in north queensland, we have another weekend cruise to Kurramine Beach starting saturday morning 20/3/04 7.30am from the Bohle Hotel in Townsville. Pub crawl, poker run, events night , car show on the sunday and watch the clipsal, then home. Also running out of cairns, details unknown. Organised by the Townsville Rodders and northern chapter of th GT club of Qld I think. Top Weekend in store.
  20. I trumped for the auto, reckon I do too many clicks around town to be forever changing gears. Mind you after test driving a Phantom, White and Blueprint manual, also think I wouldnt have a licence now. The noise when on the revs is sensational. The noise in the auto is no different, its just that you can leave it in auto, when in a grandpaish mood. At least with the tiptronic, I can play whenever I want too. The gear changes are sensational, once you remember to look at the tacho and pick up the next gear before the limiter scares the sh*t out of you. As a matter of interest, the run in says no exceeding 4500 for first 750k's. Every car I tested hit the rev limiter in 1st with the salesmen driving. Have you people experienced a salesman floggin a GT from 0 k's. Mine had 130k's( I assume hard) on the clock when I picked it up, and I used 500ml of oil in the first 3000k's, another 200ml in the next 4000k's. They say 10000 to run them in. Does that sound right.
  21. Havent had time to take too many pics. Here's one of us parked outside the Kurramine Beach Hotel (250k's north of Townsville)on our clubs ( the N.Q. Performance Ford Club ) 2nd run. My car is two days old in this Photo & has 1000k's on the clock. The Blood 'T'comes from ingham. Dont know much about the 'P'on blocks, but I understand the Family also has a Phase 3 in a similar shed. The beauty of these cars is in the driving!
  22. Interesting discussion, you blokes in the south have. I picked up GT no 391 ( a merc silver black stripes Tiptronic-love the gearbox) out of the local show room here in Townsville on 12/12/03. Couldnt be bothered ordering something . Put 5000 k's on it in the first month. What can I say, sensational!. 0-100k's and 1/4 mile times are irrelevant to us, its 1400k's to Brissy alone. Besides, there's nothing like the feel of a Big V8 under your Bum. There is a growing number of GT's finding their way into North Queensland. Even understand, there is a GT-P on Blocks in an airconditioned shed with carpet on the floor, about an hour to the south of here.
×
×
  • Create New...