Jump to content

richard

Member
  • Posts

    83
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by richard

  1. Na man, what I mean is my power dont come on hard until 4000 - 4500. Where I would like to make more torque down low. Maybe If I had a stronger box RDP would have gave me a more aggressive tune.
  2. Hey EZ2CME, yeah there good but, why play it safe when your driveline can handle the power.
  3. A little bit off topic but I have a custom tune by RDP. Now I heard great things about RDP and I am happy with the tune but, I think they play it a little safe in regards to power curves and torque settings. I am saving for a built auto and xforce exhaust and getting elite to retune my T. Going from the power figres and 1/4 mile times I've seen posted on this site I think that Elite really are the best. Cheers.
  4. Yeah mate. All 3 of them cars looked sweet as when I drove past.
  5. Good on ya mate. With slicks and a hard stall you will get an even better time. Dont think I'll be going out until I do some more to the car or we get some colder weather (no use floggin it for nothin). I cant wait for next time though. Cheers.
  6. Hey typhoon freak. Awesome time. Buy some slicks man. Its not your fault no one makes a good enough street tyre to put all that power to the ground. Theres no shame in running slicks.
  7. Hey mate, where did ya see me man. I'm pretty sure I seen you run at the track. I thought yours was a manual. Bloody nice car and good time. And I think I seen you parked at the far end of the staging lane but there were a few people there and I didn't want to look like a dick. Anyhow I got to meet FPV-steve, he followed me into the place and came staight up and said g'day. He was like a nice bloke. Overall I was pumped and now I'm hooked. Cheers.
  8. Thanks fordriver1. Stalled it to 2000 in manual mode shifted at 5000 and held 3rd over the line 108mph. Spun a little bit in first at about 4000. I reakon with better tyres (had half bald 235s with 20psi) and in winter maybe might crack the 12s. But by the time winter has hit hopefully will have a built 4sp with stallie and a exhaust system so low 12s easy.
  9. Yeah ya right XR06T.
  10. Yeah but then you lose the race. cant have that when your up aginst a 6cyl vn commo.
  11. Hey guys, thanks for all the help. Went out to willowbank last night and got a PB of 13.361 with a 2.220 60ft. Started of with a 13.8 just wasn't ready for the lights(first time down the strip). But had heaps of fun and am keen as to get into the 12s.
  12. Hey Typhoon_Freak. My dyno sheet is crap man. It's only got hp and the afr readings on it. I'll just have to do a run shifting manually, wait for it to cool down and then try perf mode. See ya out there dude.
  13. hey fellas, I'm finally heading out to willowbank on wendsday and just want to know if I should shift manually at 5000 or just keep her in perf mode. Which is faster. I have 270rwkw and it is a 2003 ba standard auto. Any advanced info will save me stuffing around testing and comparing shift mode times. Cheers.
  14. DILLIGAF. With small letters underneath, Does It Look Like I Give A F__K. Ha Ha.
  15. Hey fellas, Got my BA T going in the shop to get it lowered. Going by the kingspring catologue, I got the shop to order me KFFL - 57+ front and KFRL 68SSL Rear. Is that the correct combo for SL Front and SSL rear. Just remember reading somewhere on here about the catologue be wrong or somthing. Any help would be great. Cheers.
  16. Hey mate Ive got a 03 ba mk1 and the first thing I did to it was a custom tune, K&N panel filter and a phoon 2nd intake. If you do these mods that will get you anywhere from 240 to 260 RWKW. Should keep you happy for a while, why dont you want to change the injectors. Its not that expensive and it makes good power and give you the option of making more power down the track. Anyway hope that helps.
  17. richard

    Mods...

    Yeah mate welcome to the club. Just as Wright'y said, cheack out the forum man theres heaps of info and plenty of blokes that know what there on about. Find a good tuner in your area and start saving. Once you get these things going they turn into a totally different car.
  18. Nah Bogan, Spinifex is right, I was there (only as a spectator) and the old bird at the gate told me to hold on to my ticket in case of a rainout.
  19. richard

    Champix...

    Congrats envy-t, great to hear man. My mother was a smoker of 35 years and she quit 6 months ago using the same drug. She instantly felt better about herself and was so proud of herself also. She has got way more energy to play with her grandkids and her outlook on life is so much better, it's like she is 30 years younger in her mind. Her health is improving and I really dont see her smoking again. And she was a very heavy smoker. So bloody good on ya mate stick to your guns and dont give up mate cause the hard part is already over.
  20. Hey fellas, just wanted to know if someone could please explain to me what a lockup vs a non lockup on a stall convertor is. Thanks.
  21. G'day everyone, I've read all about the problems that people have had with there ba 4sp's and it's left me wondering if there are any boxes out there still holding up to higher power levels. If so how long have they lasted, what power have you got and how aggressive is your driving. Ive got 270rwkw and my box is holding up fine for now. Regards Richard.
  22. Hey mate, I have an 03 ba and just upgraded my injectors. The number on my old ones is 0280156123 and they were standard. Hope that helps.
  23. Thanks for the help fellas.
  24. Hey , just a quick quistion for everyone. I just got new injectors and valve springs installed and tuned today. Made 362 RWHP, just wondering how many RWKW that would be. Cheers.
  25. Mate you do get a nice glossy finish with powdercoating providing that the sprayer uses a good quality powder, Dulux makes a good Bright White Gloss. And it also has to be thickness tested. 60 microns is australian standard. Any lighter you could see the pre treated surface through the finish. Too much thicker you will get an orange peel effect. But if it is done correctly using good powder it will look an last great. It also depends on how long you want to keep the rims or the car. If you dont plan to keep the car for a while I would get them sprayed with wet paint, theres less room for error and you will definately get the gloss finish that you are after. Regards richard.
×
×
  • Create New...