Jump to content

bs888

Member
  • Posts

    207
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by bs888

  1. I have just about given up on waving Maybe some T drivers don't like XR8's PM on its way VG. Cheers, Bazza.
  2. FBT year runs from April 1st until 31st of March. I might have to join in for the Sunday, I'm still 1800k short of my pro-rata mileage and as SWMBO is now driving the laser most of the time it's going to be touch and go!. Cheers, Bazza.
  3. My 3 BA's have all been quite different in fuel consumption considering that they have all been driven in a similar fashion. XLS Ute SSS = Best 7.9L/100klm. Average = 12.5. XT 5.4 Manual = 8.6, 13.8 XR8 SSS = 11.1, 15.5 But who buys a V8 for fuel economy??????? Cheers, Bazza.
  4. Iwas thinking about the same thing but seeing how my car is part of a Salary Sacrifice and the fact that I will probably change cars later this year I figured it might be smarter to just try changing the Filter element. I would be very interested to hear how yours goes if you proceed. Cheers, Bazza.
  5. Will do, Thanks mate
  6. Venom, Do you happen to know the filter part No? Bazza.
  7. I am thinking of trying a K&N or similar in a attempt to gain a bit more low down Torque. If anyone has tried this I would appreciate any info. Cheers, Bazza.
  8. Driving home from work yesterday I spotted a red AU XR6 following me on William Hovell Dr, Being a bit thick when I looked at his Number Plate my first thought was "I didn't know you could get personalised plates in mirror image" After he passed me I realised what a clever Plate it was. TI.3VOM :hiwelcome: Cheers, Bazza. Sorry if this one has been mentioned before.
  9. Ceramic Tiler by trade but for the last 10 years I have been employed by the ACT Gov't as a Fleet/ Facilities Manager. Sure beats chasing Builders for $$$$$
  10. bs888

    Hows Your Horn!

    Yep, You should have dual horns, I added a set of air horns as well even though the standard ones are quite good, I just wanted a bit more for animals and Volvo type drivers :cussing:
  11. Hey Rapt, Where in Gippsland are you? (it's what I call Home) Cheers, Bazza.
  12. Ross, Are you sure that Boss of yours didn't have something to do with the scratches Bourbon and cheap Champagne can make a Man do silly things you know! As for Xmas, I am only getting the Public Holidays off and even then, as usual, I am on call 24/7 At least I should get to do the Rocky run at Easter. I sincerly hope you all have a happy and safe Xmas and thanks for the entertainment this Year. Cheers Bazza.
  13. Falchoon has red ACT plates
  14. bs888

    Wanted For Wedding

    Krash, That XR6T has been driving around like that for a Month or more now, I can't believe that it's still drivable. (intercooler etc) I had a few people call me on the weekend to see if I had bent mine, apparently a Phantom lost control near the Charnwood Fire Station and is now bent as well. Cheers, Bazza.
  15. Krash, That sounds like the guy I'm thinking of. He wanted to buy my XY GT Replica a few months ago, his method of doing business is somewhat shonky!!! Needless to say I didn't sell it to him. Cheers, Bazza.
  16. Krash, Were his initials SK or maybe SC? Bazza.
  17. Kitty, Isn't it funny how people have such a different experience with Dealers. McGraths Woden = other than a Salesman who cost them an XR8 sale by being too lazy to check their stock list I have had no problems with them. McGraths Belconnen = After being treated like a piece of S#@% by them when looking for my first BA I won't set foot in there again! Gregorys = First class service from both Sales and Service Dept's. I will be interested to hear of your experiences with them on the 9th/Nov if I can get there. Cheers, Bazza.
  18. Cro, It's just off Majura road on the northern side of Canberra, (first turn left just after entering the ACT when coming from Syd) Working where I do I can assure you that these guys are fair dinkum at this stage but we all know what Pollies are like. Cheers, Bazza.
  19. bs888

    Sprung!

    Ross, It depends on work commitments, but it is a definate possibility. I'll add my name to the list a bit closer to the time. Cheers, Bazza.
  20. bs888

    Sprung!

    Thanks VG, I will give it a try and see what happens. Bazza.
  21. bs888

    Sprung!

    Aaron, I am running factory fitted 18's ( the wheels in my avatar are on my old BA which is now at your favorite Ford dealer in Braddon) at the moment so I dont think the speedo is out by any more than most Falcons which my experience shows to be about 3-4 k's. This is one of the reasons I feel that the Officer concerned was just trying to provoke me into argueing with him, but as I said, I was speeding just not as much as he said. I am one of those who believe that speed is not the main problem, only inappropriate speed, by that I mean if I am driving on a well maintained road in fine weather in a well maintained vehicle then most of the time the limits are too low. I realise that not everybody has the same amount of experience that I have but in this day and age surely there is a better way of making our roads safer. Maybe better driver education/training would be a good start. Cheers, Bazza.
  22. bs888

    Sprung!

    Thanks Grant, This is the first Infringment of any kind that I have recieved for almost 20 years, (since my GT Falcon/single days) I will write to the RTA and see what happens, I'll let you know. Having said that, I admit that I was speeding, just not as fast as he said. It was the first time I have ever felt that a police officer was baiting me, but when I didn't react as he might have expected/hoped he was quite reasonable, just not very friendly. You may have a point about the speed discrepency though as that bit of road whilst quite good does rise and fall a bit and we all know how our speed can vary under those conditions (just not that much) Thanks Guys, Bazza.
  23. bs888

    Sprung!

    After driving nearly 5000klm's in 11 days I got caught about one hour from Home :banghead: We left Canberra at 4am on Sunday the 28th of Sept in our one week old XR8 SSS and headed to Central QLD with the intention of purchasing an investment property somewhere between Yeppoon and Brisbane. After 14 hrs of driving we arrived at a friends Farm at Goovigen(about 1 1/2 hours inland from Rockhampton) with the Trip Computer showing an average speed of 104kph and fuel at 13.2l per/100k. After a couple of days looking at houses we headed off to Maroochydore for a couple of days (looking at more bloody houses) and then to Nerang(86kph & 14.8per/100klm). When we left Nerang to head home it was raining so it was a fairly leisurely cruise from there to Warwick via Beaudesert, by the time we reached Goondiwindi the rain was clearing and the pace quickened(it is 110 limit ) Fuel consumption was in the low 13's at this stage so I decided to try and get it into the 12's before Narrabri by not speeding unless I was overtaking trucks etc, GUESS WHAT!!!!? The bloody consumption increased to high 13's. After Narrabri I set the cruise on 115 and averaged 12.9. By the time we got to Cowra the 5 & 11 yr olds in the back had watched all the DVD's and were starting to get a bit annoying so being the silly bugger I am I set the cruise on 112 (100k limit) and kept going. Just north of Boorowa I saw the HWP coming towards me but didn't even think of backing off as I was still in a 110kph limit mindframe and thought I was quite safe. The Officer said he clocked me at 118kph which I politely disagreed with and in the end I was given a ticket in the >15kph over range ($127 and 2 points) and sent on my way to the sound of SWMBO lecturing me about speeding. If the ticket had been issued in the higher range I probably would fight it in court as there is no way I was doing 118kph, Back to the car, BLOODY FANTASTIC!! Comfortable, great for overtaking and it performed faultlessly the whole trip If I could change anything it would be to have stuck with the Manual gearbox like I had in the 5.4 XT, but overall it is the best Ford I have owned by a long shot(and you won't beleive how many I have owned) Cheers, Bazza. (sorry about the long post but I have left a lot out) ps; does anyone know how long it takes to get my points back?
  24. "They do on my XR8!" I just double checked!!! I apologize! The boot and fuel flap buttons are not illuminated. Maybe it was just the sparkle in my eyes when SWMBO finally let me behind the wheel reflecting. Sorry if I confused anyone. Cheers, Bazza.
×
×
  • Create New...