Jump to content

bob^

Member
  • Posts

    170
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by bob^

  1. Which wires off the xbox lead do we need to get it running in the Falcon? I've made up a lead to go from my STB to the ICC plug. I assume it would be the same?
  2. bob^

    Left Stranded

    But with the LSD, spinning the wheels around the corner will grab the other wheel, making both wheels spin and the back going weeeeeeeeeee. I had my diff do the same thing. It went BANG on a take off, then turning right it was like I had a locked diff. Just chattering away. Turning left it was going CLANG and you could feel the car jerking around. I actually had it happen once more, but overnight it fixed itself so the dealer couldn't find anything wrong. Took it in the 2nd time and they wouldn't let me drive it home, and gave me a new diff
  3. My car has been back to the dealer 7 times, and each time it was there for a whole day. They tried doing all sorts of things, even blaming me saying that I was putting on the handbrake while the car was still moving, due to the bad tyre wear on the rears . They ended up fixing it....how? by backing the handbrake right back. The car on flat ground with the handbrake all the way up, you could grab onto the b-pillar when the windows were down, and gently pull, and the car would start rolling. Needless to say I wasn't impressed. Took it back for them to tighten it and they basically said if I don't want the noise I can't have a handbrake. I hated the noise, infact think of it as embarrasing. Driving around a 6 month old car going SHHH SHHH SHHH SHHH. The tightened it up enough to hold it on flat ground, and on slight inclines, and the noise isn't there. I even rang up the customer complaint line, and the woman suggested I take the car to another dealer for a 2nd opinion. I'm from Geelong and the nearest other dealer is Colac, or Hoppers. Can't say that's an easy thing to do then! Anyway my brothers been looking into it for me, and there is a fix out there. We're going to do mine ourselves and see what the outcome is. If we're successful, I'll post up exactly what we did. Also have you guys noticed after taking it to the dealer it seems fine, but a few days later it starts up again? Maybe after you've washed it or driven in rain? Apparently its rust on the inside of the drum that has something to do with it. The rust builds up enough to make the drum pads rub slightly. There's also holes in the discs that are ment to take rubber grommets, but these grommets were never fitted to mine. Not sure if all BA's are like this or if mine was a one-off. But I sourced the rubber grommets also.
  4. Just make sure whatever 8" sub you put in it, that its designed for Free-air applications(No box needed), else you will find that it could sound pretty bad.
  5. you guys talk about it like its some kinda bad smell
  6. bob^

    Worn Seat

    Who knows. I've given up on the handbrake. My brother and I are going to attack it ourselves one of these days. He's pretty confident we can fix the problem with it, after speaking to a few of the engineers over at Product Engineering plant.
  7. I still have to fibreglass into the spare tyre. If I get a flat I lift the whole box out to reveal the spare. It's going to be a bit hard to get out, but the main thing is that its still there. I'll have the whole thing trimmed in carpet with a stainless steel grille polished. There will also be another one covered in speaker grille cloth to retain more of a factory looking appearance. Anyway enough of me hijacking this thread, sorry . I just thought I'd throw up an idea.
  8. bob^

    Worn Seat

    The white-ish part next to the handbrake on the seat is where its been rubbing on it. I don't know why I bother using the handbrake, after 7 visits to the trusty dealers workshop it struggles to even hold the car still on a slight incline.
  9. Can't find an edit function so heres the best I can do to give you an example. Not very pretty at the moment
  10. bob^

    Worn Seat

    How about where the handbrake rubs against the seat? Anyone experienced that wearing out?
  11. I started doing mine this week. The spare tyre is mounted upside down, and the mdf piece that goes over the top of the spare will have a circle cut out, allowing me to fibreglass right inside it. Extra .7cube enclosure space just by doing that!!. All up I'll have almost 3cubes of enclosure, lose 45mm of boot depth around the edges, and have a boot that I can 100% still use and still have access to the spare.
  12. I'm not seeing any preouts!!
  13. I'm from Geelong, but I can't work out how to get to my profile to change it so it says so! But thanks for the offer :D The suspension guy said they used to wind coils to any spec, but he rang them while I was there and they no longer do it. I don't see why it would be that difficult for them not to do it :(. Oh well, at least I still have the K-mac option. I'll have to go measure up a stocky and see how much I want the car to drop. Theres one going around down here that's stupidly low. When parked the top of the guard is an inch or so away from the rim(17"). PM me your email address if you want to see the pics.
  14. Woohoo I'm not going insane!! Scootre that's exactly the noise I'm talking about. Thanks for your help
  15. I couldn't tell you, as I got the shims from the guy who fitted my springs for me had a few sitting in his garage.
  16. The Auto(I assume its the auto, could be something between the diff and the tailshaft?? I know it's not the diff as mine had siezed up, and a replacement was fitted) in my n/a BA makes the occasional ringing kinda sound. It's like a rattle, but a ring that goes with the rattle, if that makes any sense. Now I've heard one other car do it. Is this normal? It happens after putting the car into gear and pressing down on the accelerator a bit. Tonight it happend after I had put it into gear, and went to do a U-turn. Another time when I really noticed it was reversing and it made its ringing sounds a few times. I know this is a pretty vague description, but its hard to put it into words. I was hoping others would have heard this noise too, then they will know what the hell I'm talking about, and whether its normal. Thanks
  17. They market the SSL's as ultralows as can be seen in their catalogue online. Marked as a U/low. ( http://www.kingsprings.com.au/Kings%20Mast...ue%20041103.pdf )The superlow spring code for the XR is different for the normal since we're already a bit lower than standard. So what I should say then is I have SL's in the front, and SSL's in the rear to avoid any confusion. I just measured up my hub to guard and got the same as you did cul08r. They're a funny car, sometimes the rear can sit higher or lower. As for making up custom springs, unfortunately their answer is no. They said something along the lines of it wasn't worth them doing it. Although, K-Mac said they'd make up 4 springs to any height I wanted for around $340 mark. As for the car sitting on bumpstops, I thought the same thing. They've since been cut but that only improved the ride slightly. Looks like I'll have to go for the K-Mac option. Oh Blown BA, no camber kit was fitted, but we put in a few shims so we could get the camber within spec. You can get away with this fitting SL's in the front, but SSL's definately need the camber kit. Thanks for your help guys. Knew someone would be able to help me out around here :D
  18. Gday For about the last 2 months I've had superlows fitted to the front of my BA, and ultralows fitted to the rear. Now it seems the rear of my car is the same height as a BA with superlows fitted. In other words, it didn't drop all that much as was expected. Anyway I was wondering if anyone here that had superlows fitted to the rear of their BA could measure the distance from the edge of the guard, to the center of the wheel. Mine measures 340mm as it sits now, 30mm lower than a standard one I measured. This was with 3/4 tank of fuel. It would be greatly appreciated. Thanks Bob
  19. bob^

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    Thanks dood!!
  20. bob^

    BRAKE SHUDDER ISSUE

    Hey guys, I've had my xr6 n/a for 5 days now, and last night I took it into the city, and noticed a shh shh shh shh shh sound as I drove around. Is that the brake shudder everyone goes on about? Today I popped my bonnet and saw white stuff(which I assume is coolant) on a few parts down past the exhaust. Is that the water pump problem?? Cheers Bob PS - Sorry if I've posted this in the wrong place.
×
×
  • Create New...