Jump to content

bob^

Member
  • Posts

    170
  • Joined

  • Last visited

  • Days Won

    1

Everything posted by bob^

  1. eXtreme, its quite easy to intergrate the speakers he has with the factory headunit. I'm assuming there is an amplifier to run the speakers. One of these babies will do the trick nicely. 13 band EQ and has a high to low level converter made especially for integrating the factory headunit with aftermarket amplifiers. They are pricey though, but a good investment. I have one waiting to go into my car. Jaycar also sell a high-low level converter for about 30 bucks, but I've never had any experience with that product to tell you if its any good or not. Various manufacturers make them, and if you go to a reputable car audio store, they should be able to help you out, and suggest a unit. Avoid the normal chain store type shops. Speak to someone who has an idea and knows what they're talking about! Oh if you didn't know, the high-low level converter hooks up to your speaker wires. You tap into it, say the back ones which are easy to get to(although you might lose the fading ability then), and then the other end goes straight to the amp. Job done.
  2. http://www.fordxr6turbo.com/forum/index.ph...=0entry155655 All the information is there. As for getting the STB, heres a copy from what I posted on another forum regarding the STB. Bought one from down here, it was faulty because the remote receiver in the unit was stuffed(remote worked on another unit), so I took it back, and they only had an ex demo one that was a bit scratched up and had a big dirty sticker on it. Now the one that they sold me doesn't seem to be new anyway because it already had the batteries in the remote, and the channels were stored in it. Something suss. Anyway I got my money back. Thursday I rang up JB hifi in chadstone, and they didn't have any, but the guy there told me of a couple of shops that had em, so I organise to go to another store. That was in the afternoon, I asked if they could put it aside as I was comming up from Geelong to get it. He told me he wasn't going to be there so to ask for another guy, which I did when I got there yesterday. He had no idea about it, as nothing was said to him, he couldn't even find the box out the back. Talk about frustration plus!!! Anyway I left him with my number, he told me to do what I had to do in Melb and he'd give me a ring once the guy who I talked to the previous day rang back. An hour later still nothing, I had to go home as I had stuff to take care of down here. I got to almost the Westgate Brigde(40min drive away) when I get a phone call from the same guy telling me they got one. So I returned(took almost an hour as it started getting closer towards peak hour). I get there and he said it wasn't the unit put aside for me, but it was one that came back from somewhere. Oh whilst on the phone to him before I did the u-turn, I asked him to make sure it was wokring. Anyway I get there abd I think he had to run off somewhere, so another guy helped me out. I asked to test it before I bought it as I had already been there twice and didn't want to go back another time if it didn't work. He wasn't too impressed as he was quite busy, but he did so anyway. And yep, you guessed it. Busted. It wasn't picking up any channels. 200+km round trip and all I got out of it was a good perve, and Subway. Needless to say I wasn't impressed. I gave up on the idea, it just wasn't ment to be. But last night another mate talked me into it again. So I rang up another store(Eastland) and the guy told me they had 2. Ok beauty, I'll drive up there and get one. On the way there, in Ringwood, we see a JB and thought hrmm maybe I got the locations wrong. So I ducked in there, and they had one, but it was apparently sold, and he told me there wasn't any comming up in any other stores. I told him what I found, and he came back saying that Eastland did infact have one. So off I went down to Eastland where they were busy as hell. There was one left that the guy could find and it was a demo one. I asked if I could try it out before hand as I had already had 2 out of the box that were stuffed (Oh the 2nd one was extremely 2nd hand. You could see it had been used by the condition of the antenna sockets) The guy was kinda annoyed that I asked as he was run off his feet, but he did so anyway. And this one worked!!! While he was looking for the box, he found another one. Brand spanka. Asked me which one I wanted and of course I said the new one. I asked if I could test that one too quickly, and it worked also. Lucky I asked as it was missing the power lead. He ended up being pretty good about it all after I think he realised I wasn't being a tyre kicker. After all that, I've traveled probably 500km round trip, just to get this STB. But the main thing is I got one, that worked too
  3. Lawsy, the spare is going great. I designed it to have full use of the spare. Blown BA - The STB is the Teac dvb400
  4. Trough Lolly, yeah I am. Chips, I'd keep the photos comming, but that's taken me over a month to build that because quite frankly, I can't be bothered working on it Having trouble finding the time.
  5. Well some of you might have seen a couple of pics of my work in progress in some other threads, so I thought I'd put them all into my own thread. Boot masked up ready to glass Stage 1 of glassing done STB installed Stage 2 of glassing done. It all got one or 2 more layers over the top With this being the end result. Still needs to be trimmed in carpet. And a grille to be made to protect the sub from anything I put in the boot. The sub is missing a cone as you might notice, as I tried blowing that sub up once and it wouldn't die, so I attacked it with a stanley knife(don't ask, bad day). I have another one to put in its place, this one is just easier to handle since the cone is missing. I'll be getting 50mm high density foam to go around the box, to fill in the gaps to make the boot look flush.
  6. That looks great, but unfortunately, the answer is no. As the stacker is in dash, the whole unit is eclosed in one. There is no need for a lead to go from the stereo to the stacker, which is what that device relies on.
  7. bob^

    Park Brake

    The shoes in the drum in the rear rub ever so slightly. Mine went back 7 times and it would be fine for the first day or 2, then the woosh sound would return. Sometimes when I'd take the car back to the dealer, the noise would dissapear. I found applying the handbrake and then taking it off again would make it return. As Mr Turbo said, some days its worse than others. It really is quite embarrasing having a brand new car that makes noises.
  8. I have fitted kingspring superlows in the front of mine, and ultralows in the back and it hasn't affected the ride much at all. Maybe just a tad firmer but its not something you need a kidney belt for!! Also trimmed the rear bump stop about 10mm
  9. bob^

    Premium Sound

    Agreed to some extent. I'm working on sub-bass first then install the new fronts and amp at a later date. Here's how the boot kinda looks now. Well the half built enclosure anyway
  10. Ahhhh that's tops then :D
  11. I like the sound of the power window switches, but having the footwell lights on all the time? Don't you find that an issue with night driving? I can't stand having lights on inside the car except those that are needed.
  12. I payed $205 for mine from a shop down here in Geelong. VIP tyres
  13. gee's talk about a pain in the ass
  14. bob^

    Premium Sound

    Prestige also has the tweeters in the pillar. But I think that's only recent. Person at my work has the xr8 ute and it has the tweeters in the pillar. Well the premium doesn't seem that bad value. A 6 disc stacker would cost around $300, the screen another $400-500. Plus we have a fully integrated look.
  15. bob^

    Premium Sound

    Just because the volume scale goes up that high doesn't mean it shoudl be capable of doing so. I know in every stereo system I've done, max has always been around 2/3 of the way up. I dont think its that bad value for money. You get an excelent quality tft screen that on its own would probably cost around the $400-500 mark. I personally think it sounds great for the "everyday" type folk, but could do with more sub-bass. But you can't ask for much from a poorly setup infitinit baffle 8". Just wondering if you've compared it to the standard XT type stereo? Oh that's horrible to listen to. Had to endure it when I got the loan car a few times from the dealer. Oh one last thing, how much is it to upgrade to just the 6 disc stacker and to have the tweeters in the pillars? or is that standard accross the xr's? IIRC that was about $500 on its own for the base model, but I could be wrong.
  16. What did they end up sending you? and what are you putting in?
  17. hey relax, who reads those kinds of things until something goes wrong. Anyway thanks
  18. Well I've decided I've had enough of the Kingspring Ultralows in the back, and wish to go lower. K-Mac make custom one offs to any heigh I want but since I don't know how high the standard is, I can't tell them how low I want to go! Could anyone provide me with a hub to guard measurment for the rear?
  19. Broadcast digitally?? What the. Your radio picks up analogue. edit - The only way they coudl broadcast digitally, is if you had something that plugs into the back of your headunit, in between it and the antenna, and even then it would need to be converted back to analogue before entering the headunit. The tuner has no form of DAC that could handle a digital broadcast.
  20. bob^

    Premium Sound

    I think you guys are asking a bit much of the premium sound. The loudest I put mine onto is 13, and that's with the bass +2 and LOUD on. Theres only so much the factory sound system can do. Make sure you have any EQ settings off also. Try turning the power limiter on, that caps distortion at a certain level, and automatically turns it down to limit the distortion.
  21. Even if they're not, they wouldn't be hard to connect as the BA has no form of crossover, except for a capacitor on the back of the tweeter itself. So you just need to hook it upto the speaker.
  22. Yep, another NA owner here.
  23. Yeah I'm interested in the pdf. That would be great. Could you email it to [email protected] ? Thanks I'm not a big fan of running an inverter either. I'd much rather build up some sort of powersupply for it.
  24. Another plug you can use is an Aerpro one for the factory Toyota deck. I used that in mine, and it comes with another plug so you can get more pins out if need be. Cost me $15 Edit - Aaron have you made this 12v powersupply for the xbox or is it just an idea? If you've made it, any chance of getting the schematics for it? :D
  25. bob^

    New Ride Height

    I payed $240 for the same springs. For camber, a few shims were inserted. Although I still havn't gotten a wheel alignment yet(its been almost 3 months). I think I should really go do it soon :lol: The car looks good mate. I find its low enough to look good, but not bashing the car into everything. Except for a few driveways and the front bar :(
×
×
  • Create New...