Jump to content

hypnodoc

Legacy Donating Member
  • Posts

    2,198
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by hypnodoc

  1. Crap bushes, crap suspension, crap cradles, crap build quality, crap diff howl, all for 10 years, and over 60k for an fpv with all the same self destructing xt rubbish underneath. Ford don't give a toss, then they wonder why its getting harder to sell their cars. Shame Polites R.I.P left Ford.
  2. Geez the yank Mustang build quality is poor enough. Imagine if it gets built in Aus.It will be the worst built most fault ridden mustang ever in the history of the car. Clunky driveline, misaligned panels, squeaks and rattles, faulty paint, and no after sales service or consdideration with a next to useless warranty.
  3. I have a 4" pod hooked to the turbo in an aluminium airbox with Dynamat of all sides and the bonnett dynamatted, it makes no difference to the hissing sound, rushing air noise is very hard to shut up.
  4. Mate mine would not take more than 2 litrs at a time, even if I waited 10 minutes, also used a lot more fuel as well. Get it on a hoist and cut off the plastic pipe that goes into the rear chassi off the black cannister right up at the cannister, mongrel of a job and you need a hoist.
  5. Remedy, cut the breather pipe off at the cannister it comes from the expandable foam had gone all the way up to the elbow at the box but not into it thankfully. Ralph Wiggum, too hard to photograhp noe, but you just fill up the hollow rail running left to right that the diff bolts to, there are plenty of holes to stick the expandable foam nozzle into, then do the same in the rear chassi rails, make sure you pull the breather hose out at the back of the D/Side chassi rail before you start. Cuts down on a heap of road noise. I put red hard bushes in the diff and now it has more rumble than it used to and has made diff whine at 80 to 100ks come back. I might rip the whole lot out again and go for the Super Pro comfort centre bush as I've heard they are much more quiet than the solids and can't stand the noise it annoys the hell out me.
  6. Got the full service, cahnges much better, all of the Auto trans shops I spoke to were horrified at the thought of Transmax Z. I got a full flush with ZF LifeGuard and filter from Precision Automatics in Oz park Perth for just under $500, I already had the steel pan. All other quotes were between $850 and $2500 grand from the service loonies at Ford. Precision are great. Still have the whoop noise on the up change from 3rd to 4th under hard acceleration. Very common in the Jags that run the same boxes. Apparently something to do with the 3rd gear slide, more noise than any harm, bloody annoying though. I might put another tube of Lube Gard in it and see if that helps.
  7. Mate if you had flashed and modified it then maybe I could understand, and as the earlier post siad you cannot over rev with a rev limiter. What an obscene way to be treated. Mate when you get a lemon with thses things you get a lemon. Hopefully they will fix it and get it right. I can see a vision of Ford management wondering why their repeat sales for private Falcons are going down the toilet. It would be a great thing if they could get the Ford dealer network sorted out, but I wouldn't hold my breath on that one. You're getting crap service from crap dealerships for a crap car from a company that is going to crap.
  8. Thanks rednose, that's some power your pumping
  9. Yes although a lot of people run Tansmax Z now that the Lifeguard oil is a senseible price its stupid not to use it. How bad was your Squark rednose?
  10. NOOB OF THE YEAR AWARD for me. I put expanding foam sound deadener in the rear chassi rails the other day when the cradle was out and of course the breather from the fuel tank has a hose that goes into the chassi rail and it got blocked with the expander. New one going in tomorrow. The expanding foam does a great job at lessening road noise as well.
  11. The top link Dr Tranny's is the one. I put 2 tudes in, but I am going to have a full flush service and filter done in the morning with the proer recommended ZF oil and change the heat exchanger as well, just to be on the safe side
  12. You need the little red plastic tube not the silver bottle, costs about $13. I have found a place to do a full flush using the ZF oil Life Guard and filter for $480 so I am going to do that in the morning.
  13. By the gallon by Cabs that run the ZFs I meant to say.
  14. Hi BJC. I got the Lube Gard in Perth today, 2 little red tubes and it is apparently used by the gallon in ZF 6 speed. the place I got it from also insisted that the ZF should have the Life Guard oil in it and was a lot cheaper than Ford to buy it from. they seem to know there oils and the Lube Gard has seemed to fix the noises.
  15. Thanks 1600dave that sounds like an easy fix. I did put spome of that expanding foam crap in the rear chassi rails and cross member that holds the diff in and am wondering if somehow I blocked a breather. It does quieten the car down heaps but if I have blocked a breather it is rear suspension cradle out again.
  16. Yes mate, it was on the hoist today and everything is fine. I'm wondering if there is something blocked in the tube but I can't see how unless Ford put something in there that has packed up. It has just had a new rear bumper fitted a couple of weeks ago but I have filled it a few times since then with no problems. I am wondering whether it is a blocked breatther but if that was the case it would de pressurise once the pump nozzle was pulled I would have thought.
  17. I have a weird one. I can't get more than $5 petrol in my car without it overfilling and spilling out of the fuel inlet, just like trying to fill and already filled tank the only problem being that the car only has 1/4 tank of gas in it, bloody embarrassing and annoying stopping for $5 fills. It took 5 minutes to get 2.5 litres into it this morning. Any ideas?
  18. I have had a whoop noise from 3rd to 4th and 4th to 3rd under load since the car was new got told by service centre it was standard fare, but of course over the years and with more power added it got bloody annoying. I put 2 tubes of LubeGard into it today and the whoop noise is gone. Also have had a mild squeal, almost like a fanbelt squeal, for a while. When the car was on the hoist today it is coming from the front of the ZF almost like a whistle and when you shut it off it keeps going for a few seconds. Any Ideas? Priced a new one out of interest at for today 14k, a hell of a lot cheaper to rebulid it if need be.
  19. Did this today, centre and both outers, now I have a period noise at 80 to 100kph in a diff that ford have already replaced once. It wasn't there with with the cracked rubber bushes,changing them also increased a whoop sound the ZF has made from day 1 when changing up or down from 3rd to 4th of 4th to 3rd with just a lttle bit of stick which of course ford said was typical. 36,000 klm on the clock, well serviced, and not driven hard at all. A lemons, a lemon, a lemon I guess, apart from the I6, after they have done 20,000klm these things are basically just a poorly built a self delapadating bucket of sh!t IMHO.
  20. Yeah but in the USA the 6 cyl Mustangs were described to me in the US as the BIC razor of cars (I.E cheap & disposable). I rent them often and think they are not a bad car at all but the Charger is definatly a better all rounder. Yanks don't see the Mustang as much of a car until you get up to the Roush or the Shelby. If Ford do throw a 4 cyl in it then they will still sell a hell of a lot via sheer volume and brand loyalty. The Aus market does not have that luxury.
  21. Sure technology is advancing, but a Falcon with a 4cyl. No matter what you say, how you call it, or what it will or won't do. IT JUST AIN'T RIGHT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! The Ford marketing dept are again demonstating their brilliant collective lack of ability and foresight. If they are keeping the 6s and the 8s, they should have changed the grille and bumpers at least changed the name of this thing. What a waste of time, this thing can't save Ford Aus because anybody who wants a 4 cyl will go Jap or Euro and get some bulid quality and half decent after purchase warranty and service. This is a last ditch effort that has come way too late. FARKING JOKE.
  22. Well what a saga, for a hunk of rubbber. I drove all the way to Hardy Spicer and suddenly they didn't have one, or couldn't find the one they thought they did have so they sent me across the road to their opposition who wanted $310. I thought fark that I would rather go genuine so I went to Lynford Motors and twisted them down to $181 inc GST, big difference between list retail and base trade. Good blokes there at Lynfords parts.
  23. Thanks Ralph. Yes Fraud was $290+ GST. Got one from Hardy Spicer for $128, big difference. Thanks for your help guys.
  24. Thanks mate, it not the centre bearing, its the big rubber donut coupling the driveshaft and the transmission, about $250 from what I can figure out. Jeez if you bought one of these cars part by part it would add up to the cost of a nice home, anyway bushes are bushes so gotta replace it. I see Hardy Spicer make one as well so I might see if they are bit more sensible for the price of a bit of moulded rubber.
  25. Had a look under the car today and it is ready for a new diff bush which will be aftermarket. Also noticed the donut bush bwetween the d/shaft and G/Box has a crack around one of the bolts that holds it on, anybody got any idea how much Fraud burgle for the donut bush? Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...