Jump to content

Miyagi

Member
  • Posts

    892
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Miyagi

  1. Happy Birthday Miyagi!

  2. Happy Birthday Miyagi!

  3. Hrmm now that I think about it I probably have gotten about 50 to 70K out of them from installation... pretty happy with that given I did my best to givem a hard time. if you don't mind me asking what did they set you back and what are the codes? Cheers, Miyagi
  4. completely agree they made a meal of the exhaust tips...
  5. well we've got our first mondeo xr5t owner waiting patiently for their new arrival over in our neck of the woods... I think the tdci is going to be a big seller... class leading mid-size diesel = a lot of sense for conservative buyers
  6. /me resurrects an ollllld thread. So I need to replace the front pads on my PBR Performance kit.... any recommendations from current owners? Cheers, Miyagi
  7. Jump to the full article here! Let's hope Geneva next year DOES indeed present the new Focus AND RS launched... and then it makes its way to Australia.
  8. Fiesta ST (XR4) getting around the Ring! --> LINK!
  9. *shameless plug* plenty of tech n spec available here --> LINK!
  10. Whilst some cars have already run out to excited individuals the Ford Fiesta XR4 officially went on sale today. :thumbup: I'm not going to beat around the bush, I've started up www.FordXR4.com and if you're interested in keeping tabs on all the Media Coverage that'll be coming out then keep an eye out as I'll be running tabs on them... here! If you're keen on the car itself, swing past and say g'day. I'm hoping it'll grow into another great little corner of the internet. Ford have got great coverage now across the XR range.
  11. A great cruise with both factions of the Ford XR*T crew behaving admirably and enjoying each others company. There was certainly no heatsoak suffered by anyone on the cruise! :banghead: A big thanks to Daniel and Gary for accommodating the XR5T invasion, we'll be looking to book more cruises together. What a sight it was bringin up the rear and watching a sea of tail lights snaking through the night.
  12. Looks like we have a couple of late inclusions so XR5T numbers are in the 20-21 vacinity. I'll be the person driving a BluePrint XR6T with a complete identity crisis (FordXR5Turbo.com sticker on it)!
  13. It's going to be good.. trying to figure out if we can find some alternate photo opps on the way back in ... could get some great piccies The rain could put a real DAMPENER on things though... still it's more about the social aspect anyways.
  14. Hi All, As discussed with TufXRT6... I'm coming and so are 18 of my mates. Cheers, Miyagi
  15. They have uprated a few things internally though... there is a revision of the intercooler (better) and a few other internals also.
  16. Incorrect mate. In order to achieve Global Close there are a host of other bits (inc ECU I think) that have to be upgraded. If you want all the gory details rego on FordXR5Turbo.com and I'll give you access to the thread.
  17. If u want to see some good pics / footage of an XR5T being driven how it's meant to be (in a safe environment) check out this thead.
  18. I'm just presenting the facts, members reporting far greater driveability down low and more power across the band... same technology really as the XR6T so has the same great effects on the engine which has plenty of room just like the XR6T. The XR5T has a smallish turbo and is FWD so it'll never be a monster on the road but given you can buy the XR5T and DS Flash for less than a Mazda 3 MPS and get more power you're on a winner in the hot hatch segment... the exhaust note is just awesome
  19. Hi All, Just thought the modifiers out there in XR6T land would be interested in what's happening for the XR5T. Dreamscience Flash (same unit as Capa Edit) is now available in the UK with guys on the AU XR5T forum bringing them in for around $1100 delivered is producing some good results. http://dreamscience.eu/flashtuning/ Not sure if / when Capa will be bringing them in and supporting them locally as it seems all the relationship references were removed from the Dreamscience website... who knows.. Still, I've attached the independent results of the DS vs Stock for your interest. There is now a good CAI, Intercooler, Exhaust system and tuning options now available for the XR5T... It'll never be as fast as the XR6T down the quarter but we'll see 13s 1/4 mile runs soon not to mention work it does around the twisty stuff. Forum members are discussing it all here. Cheers, Miyagi
  20. The orange above is the most powerful XR5 in Australia and coupled with the fact it was Lee's first ever trip down a 1/4 mile he naturally had some issues. The black xr5 would have been Gear @ the skid pan day.. he's having a great time loving up the tracks in the XR5
  21. Hi All, Just thought I'd let you all know that one of our members managed to break down into the mid 14s and for a stock XR5T that's pretty good. Full details and piccies and slip... here. We've got 3 XR5Ts varying from stock to 'the most modified in au' about to head to Calder in the next couple of Friday nights... weather permitting of course. Might be able to hang out with some XR6Ts for some good fun.
  22. hehe no XR5T driver actually would expect them to beat a GTP with a good driver behind it... call it a lucky win.
  23. It's definately the slower times. The VXR was the pre-release barge they brought over for the shows, it's not the final spec that will hit the market. That said, the VXR has more power so from a sheer performance perspective it's pretty much on par with the 3 MPS as the fastest hot hatch that'll be available (excluding those with $60- $70K to waste on a r32 or 130i). The XR5 has real character pure and simple, for the $7K saving you can invest in an ECU flash, I/C and CAI and blow the VXR off the road... and still have change. VXR is pretty hot though too, from a raw performance perspective it's pretty nice, chassis tuned by Lotus might have something to do with it.
  24. 240kW of dead car. All XR6T owners should just get the XR8 ecu and pick up a couple of cylinders.
  25. there are spy photos etc of a Focus RS (AWD) floating around on the net, turn over a stone or two and you'll find them easy enough. I got rid of foxtel... what a load of rubbish... just like The Car Show.
×
×
  • Create New...