Jump to content

Falchoon

Member
  • Posts

    5,758
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Falchoon

  1. Young Dagabond....
  2. Only warranty problem I had with my '02 XR6T is the brake shudder. Threw the discs away and replaced them with DBA slotted at my own cost which I figured was cheaper than spending my time going back again and again to Fraud dealer for skimming the standard ones.
  3. Brian (BCL) has used both (though MOTEC not Haltech) and found he couldn't get the car to run properly with the aftermarket computer. Some people do use a piggyback computer (Xede I thnk) in conjunction with Edit, Craig (Geea) was one.
  4. Yes Quite likely Nope, any ICC will do
  5. Yep, only $72!
  6. Got a note left on my car the other day, a compliment actually, it said "parking fine"! Nice of them to notice.
  7. Because it's an investment. The idea is to make money from it. You might pick up a slightly rough "look alike" for $30K, doubt you'd get a proper "replica" for that. Sure couldn't build one (replica) for that. A so called replica but with a number of unoriginal parts just sold for over $53K on eBay - http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi...DME:B:WNA:AU:12
  8. Is that the same car that was at Summernats?
  9. It would save a lot of time on both ends if people posting Wanted and For Sale ads to put their location.
  10. I thought it was to do with the variable cam timing.
  11. I farkin hate farkin Sydney farkin peak farkin hour traffic. Took just over 2 hours to reach the outskirts from Canberra and then another 2 to get to Castle Hill.
  12. Those Typhoons look like oversized Libertys.
  13. David Bowden has one of the race ones - http://www.bowdensown.com.au/cars/phase4.html As for the $1mill GTHO, you need to not let emotion or the fact it is a 1971 Falcon get into this. It is just an investment, like shares, gold etc. You buy it assuming it will keep appreciating in value. Buy low, sell high. It is not a car you are going to be driving around in. Well, I guess you could physically drive it but with a value so high it's probably not a wise choice in case it gets damaged or worse, stolen.
  14. I don't think you can lease a car that is over two years old. Different companies may have different policies on this so best to check with the one you're with.
  15. Jeff has been training for BVW3 for a while...
  16. Nickname: Falchoon Need accommodation?: Yes On what nights: Wed, Thu, Fri, Sat, Sun - not sure about Sunday, thought we were driving back then? Going on the Kittens bus?: Fark yeh! Going to Calder Circuit Day: Yes - spectator Going to Calder or Heathcote Drag Day: Yes - participant
  17. If the idea is to make money out of the deal then you would want to sell it ASAP as every day you own the car it is worth less and potentially needs more maintenance. Otherwise you just pay the $15K and drive it around. Not sure if it would be worth more to sell really. If you look around you can pick up 2002 XR6Ts for $20K or less now, what are they going to be worth in a year's time when the Orion comes out? I reckon you would lucky to be offered $15K now for an early XR6T on a trade-in. Might be just as easy to trade it if you want to update to a new model, and go through the whole lease thing again for another 4 or so years..
  18. I got the same letter. Which bits are you doubting are true?
  19. Supercheap can be a rip off even with their 20% off. I went in there and picked up a few things and while I was lined up at the checkout I noticed they had TomTom One GPS units for $599, even with 20% it was nearly $100 dearer than Dick Smith's regular every day price.
  20. Just saw the report on the news about this and the cops asked them about this and they said they didn't know anything about the other street race or the deaths.
  21. Great day, thanks Phil. Great weather too! would of been so jealous that he didn't get to drive on the dirt section. Thanks also to Graham for letting me ride shotgun, and thanks to John for the brief drive of your 10 sec weapon! I heard Jeff went off looking for a Beaurepaires shop that was open....
×
×
  • Create New...