Jump to content

baboon

Member
  • Posts

    141
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by baboon

  1. baboon

    G-tech Times?

    14.2 is a great time for a stockie. Sounds like its all in the launch for a good time. There anyone on these forums with a Stock non edited manual xr6t getting into high 13s?
  2. baboon

    G-tech Times?

    If they do it easy that's good to hear. I've got another friend that's just purchased a stock standard 2nd hand manual xr6t and he's going to take it out with the G-tech. Im hoping low 14s, cant wait to see.
  3. baboon

    G-tech Times?

    I was wondering what 1/4 mile times people were getting with a manual xr6t with edit using the G-tech?? I have two friends that are from the dark side and are pulling 13.85's in their SS commies (in darwin NT) using a g-tech. Only mods on the cars are: The VX SS has a 3inch exhaust with standard cold air intake and the VY SS has a 2 1/2 inch. Both with CAI mods and are tuned using their cable and software. Both cars are manuals. Is it possible for a manual xr6t with CAI and edit only to run these times or even better, in the NT? Temp at the moment is 30degrees with about 70% humidity.
  4. I love the note of Dboss's GT!! Keep the vids comming I love them all! Have you got any of the GT accelerating from behind the the car in second all the way to full noise as he passes the camera?!? That would be cool.
  5. So envi240, how was the drive day??
  6. Oh man that's awesome!! It looks like that cars just swallowed an XR6T engine pill!
  7. Looks great. Will look real tough when the car gets repainted. Actually if you painted the side skirts the same colour as your front and rear bars I think it will look very cool in a unique kinda way.
  8. Excellent work. That car of yours is very very fast. Congratulations.
  9. Nice work dude! Now I hope the corty, the XP falcon, the skyline and the xr6t didnt cost more than 220000 in total (mods n all)...
  10. Awesome vids man! I really like the thrid as you drift in a circle and then in the last frame you peek through those tinted windows with a huge grin on your face! love it!
  11. I have a theory of the antenna design that might sound stupid but maybe someone can give it a try. Digital TV relies on Multipath signals and the receiver box uses the best of those signals for decoding. I was wondering if you could install more than one antenna around your car for diversity, ie. one in each corner of the car making 4 antennas all up. Each antenna feed would go into outputs of a 4-way splitter and the input of the splitter going to the set-top box. 4 antennas would have a better chance of getting the best signal thus reducing black or blocky pictures. Not sure if this would work but its just a theory. To make the job a little less ugly you could use a very thin bit of wire as the antennas and possibly stick them on the sides of the front and back windscreen. If your digital reception is in the UHF frequency range you could fine tune the antenna lengths to less than 50cms (1/2 wavelength) making it an ideal size for a car. Theres a bit of maths here but Im sure you ppl that know about this stuff are able to calculate this. Confused? So am I. I just cant get down in writing of what I have in my head. Oh by the way XR6T, I wish I had one!
  12. Very nice times! How many Km's has your car done Aeron?
  13. FFFWWWWOOOOOOAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! WHHOOOOOSSSSSHHHHHHHssssss..
  14. I love it! All you need now is to park your car in a hanger/garage and record the sound/vision there!
  15. Bah If I had 55k right now I would totally buy it off you man! What that would do is give me a very very very fast XR6T without the fuss of buying a new/used xr6t adding mods and strenghting other things. In the end it may cost more than 55k. So if I had the money I'd buy it knowing its the fastest T in aus, and its been looked after buy a well respected person. Bah we'd all do anything to help an enthusiast build a very fast ford 8. Go geea GO. Do it ford us ford lovers!
  16. I had a similar problem with my old EA and I think its common throughout all fords. To fix it I cleaned the throttle body and also cleaned the Idle Speed Control (ISC - controls the amount of air getting into the engine when idle ie. when the throttle body is fully closed) solenoid with a spray of carby cleaner. Idles smooth no and doesnt stall. Not sure what the ISC equivalent is for the BA's but I think its the problem.
  17. baboon

    He's Done It

    geea you LEGEND! Front page and then the fastest xr6t in aus, not bad for a weeks work indeed! :D
  18. Good luck fellas. Hear from you 3 tomorrow when you get into the tens
  19. For sure QTRMLE, I think I've seen your car cruising around somewhere on bagot road I think. Nice car. The 5k trade in sounds like a good idea!
  20. you in darwin sixfan? I live up here too and I am mighty fond of the xr6t. is sixfan your number plate cos I gotta lookout for a phantom xr6t flying past me! Cant wait till I get mine, my ea's getting old now with 655 000 k's on the clock !
  21. That is one HUGE shiny snail!
  22. OK. We all agree that the colour is BLUE! :D
  23. He told me that the SS has 695BHP at 1376Kgs although the replay says lower with 677BHP.
  24. Nice time dazza.. always improving. I showed your time to my mate and he couldnt resist he had to beat it. This is his reply of 6:21:475. This time around he HAD to use NOS in his SS. Got to mention that all driving aids have been turned off.
  25. my mate did 6:28.691 round the ring in a less powerful Late model camira ss without nos. Cmon dude, don't let the fpv be beaten by a holden!
×
×
  • Create New...