-
Posts
271 -
Joined
-
Last visited
Content Type
Profiles
Forums
Gallery
Events
Store
Everything posted by Rik_Biel
-
Correction - I think that colour is Icon
-
Nope - I'm pretty sure that is velocity, not bionic. I'm not 100% sure though
-
Can anybody post pics of cars in the bionic blue? I'm looking to get one of the last BA MkII's XR6's with a dealer fit LPG dual fuel setup, but because of the timing they are only getting 4 cars in - Bionic, Toxic, Lightening Strike & Mercury Silver. I had planned on just getting a white one - but no go. My Dad has a HgAg so I don't want to copy.
-
Has any information come out yet on price changes on the new BF ? Presumably if you can order one the prices must be available. I'm interested to know if the braking improvements mean "premium brakes" have now been standardised (as they should have been in the first place IMHO) If not has the option price come down? How much is the 6 speed auto option going to cost?
-
Another Rockingham bloke here too Working in Subi though 5 days a week I can only get myself a T once I can be sure I can LPG mod it - and so far I'm having trouble finding out if it can be done or not. My Dad's got a HgAg one and I've had a few blasts in that. I've had my EF now for 210,000kms and 8 years - I feel the winds of change.....
-
This is all very interesting - I live in Rockingham too and have been contemplating an upgrade through Challenger. Time heals old wounds they say.......... I've only got an '95 EF - bought from Centre Ford in '97 - and I let Challenger Ford do some of the warranty services going back a few years now (probably '98/'99). I've got polished EF XR8 mags and the last time they serviced my car they didn't do the wheel nuts up properly. I lost a wheelnut going at 110 Kph at some point on the Kwinana Freeway - damn lucky it didn't kill somebody. The strange grinding sound my car made when turning made me take a look to find most of the nuts only hanging on by a turn or two. I don't remember getting any sort of apology, just a replacement wheelnut in my letterbox. I've done all my own services since. Challenger Ford will never touch one of my cars again. How are Centre Ford nowadays for service and "care" for want of a better word? I know they are all part of the "Perth Auto Alliance" ie about 6 of the main Ford dealerships, but Challenger Ford sounds like it has always sucked. I'm thinking about doing a double upgrade and getting an XR6 (if I can LPG convert it) and a Territory TX to accommodate my growing family (3rd child due late September)
-
Peter Who is your APS distributor/installer in Perth ? Or do I have to drive across the Nullabor ? (Upside : Drive back will be a hoot.... )
-
Did yours not handle it? What happened?
-
Exactly. You always hear from the bad apples. That's exactly what I've been thinking - that I might mainly be reading the bad, not the other side. Looking for the problems - it's human nature I guess... Pinch of salt and all that kind of thing I suppose. I'm actually lucky enough to have driven a T a couple of times - my Dad owns one. The thing is though, he doesn't drive it enough, or hard enough, for his one example to be representative of the sort of things that may go wrong with a daily driver. He has only ever told me of the following "problems" - the diff whine at 100kmph - just drive around that speed and it isn't an issue; - the starting problem only once. Left it a minute and tried again no problem. I don't recall him complaining of anything else... All good food for thought
-
I tell you what. Reading some of the stuff on this site, and all the troubles most of you seem to be having with your T's is really making me think twice about getting one. It's scary because if there were no problems I'd sign up for one tomorrow. But I need a reliable car to drive me 500kms a week just to get me to and from work Mon - Fri. I had hoped a T would fit the bill with a massive dose of fun thrown in for good measure. I can't be stuffed around with vehicular troubles..... But it's not a cheap lottery to spend $50k and hope you get a good one..... Or is it just a case that the people posting have problems, but the majority of owners are out driving, not posting? I need some reassurance guys - tell me it aint as bad as it all seems from the threads here........... Maybe a list of common problems would help me decide. What is a short list of the very common problems? I'd be getting a SSS
-
APS Phase Mods and Ford Warranty
Rik_Biel replied to Rik_Biel's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
Thinking about it, after coming out of my current ride....EF 4 litre I6...I'd be more than happy to ride the stock T for the duration of the warranty - then it would be time for the steriods... just to spice up the relationship later on -
They do - but I think it's the curvy EF/EL panels that go well with the curvy rims. I'm not sure they would look any good on the sharper paneled BAs - in fact I'm pretty sure they wouldn't - and they're only 16's. They make my plain Jane GLi look a little more bearable though
-
LOL - I almost wrote in my post "but I'm 32"
-
I have polished EF XR8 16's on my EF sedan. I clean my car religiously every Saturday morning weather permitting. I made some plastic covers to go behind the wheels to keep the brake dust off the polished alloy. After almost 7 years they still shine but I'm tempted to get them pro-polished up again. Check'em out - this was a "as new" pic 7 years ago http://www.fordmods.com/phpBB2/gallery.php...e=y&picref=1488
-
LOL - yeah White is cool I see from your sig you are in the same boat as me....my Dad has a Merc Silver T(HgAg) Time to do some more novated lease calcs....
-
APS Phase Mods and Ford Warranty
Rik_Biel replied to Rik_Biel's topic in Engine Management & Fuel Systems
OK - I'm reading the Modifications Options thread now. Seems to have been discussed there. Cool :-) -
I don't have T yet, but for $5650 fitted and tuned I can't see why I wouldn't get the APS Phase 2 mod done when I do get one..... I'd even be happy to drive over from here in Perth to over east to get it done (happier driving back I'm sure ) BUT Might sound like a dumb question - What effect will an APS Phase 2 conversion have on the Ford Warranty? I'm thinking it would totally void it? Hearing about so many niggly probs all covered by warranty though makes me think twice - at least until it's out of warranty I guess
-
White aint boring man. I know. I've driven a white EF for the past 7 years, and a white XF the 4 years before that. I like the understated "coolness" of bright white. When I first saw blueprint, that was THE colour I wanted - that was when I first saw it in MOTOR on the TE50..... but now having seen so many of them (blueprints) around, the lust has died down - I imagine in a couple of years I'll be totally neutral to it. I keep my cars for a long time - so I want a colour I can live with and still love, not a fad colour like the ones that lot sh!t hot today, but not so ina couple of years. Reminds me of the '80's pastels phenomena LOL __________________________________________ I am going to get an auto SSS, just in case I ever need to have the wife drive it. Heaven forbid LOL. What do you actually get in the Luxury pack?
-
Very nice. Are those Expensive Daewoo drivers in the background admiring your Beast? I actually asked the price on the XR8 bonnet and it was something insane like $3000 !!!!
-
Alright - I'm very close to putting in an order for a "T" Boringly enough, I want a white one. I've seen oval FPV badges on some, but not on most - what's the go there? There are a myriad of options to choose from. Which ones to get? What would you experienced owners recommend? Rate your best options and why - price too if you can remember ballpark Cheers
-
Yes - I can attest to that. :D I've driven it twice Very nice But when I get mine it will be in blueprint
The home of XR6 Turbo enthusiasts for over 23 years. Join a passionate community dedicated to the Ford XR6 Turbo and FPV legacy. From builds and tech talk to events and classifieds – it’s all here.