Jump to content

Grant

Member
  • Posts

    453
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Grant

  1. Grant

    RICE or NOT RICE

    I'd agree but qualify it with the word ostentatious. Anything over the top that doesn't add performance is MY definition of rice.
  2. Grant

    Order placed!

    Ken, I waited six weeks for my T and that was back in December 2002 How's that for an old timer :lol:
  3. You know this would be much more interesting to discuss....
  4. Maybe APS kits should be advertised as $X* . . . . . . . . . . . . . . * Plus onroad costs
  5. Not sure if this should go in the legality thread but since I thought of it while reading here I'll just go ahead and post it... If you decided to up your brakes, do you need to get an engineers certificate to make it legal???
  6. No - he'd just tell you that you need to paint your brakes in HgAg!!!
  7. Don't play stupid... you know what he means, and if you don't, then he means it will stay relatively close to 100kph and won't slow significantly until the brakes are applied.
  8. Just to throw another thought out there... I've been speaking with my local dealer (whose name I won't mention) about mods and they seem to have some contact with Chiptorque using the Xede chip. They also provide a couple of options from Herrod's. I have no experience personally but I'd like to know what went on behind the scenes to get the dealer onside!
  9. Mick, Not sure exactly what your question is addressing but I'll take a few different viewpoints for you. A car that accelerates evenly would have a graph represented by a straight line. The y axis would be speed, the x axis time. A car that accelerates harder and harder would have a logarithmic curve - like the bottom right quadrant of a circle. A car that starts off accelerating hard and then the acceleration drops off would have a curve like the top left quadrant of a circle. At all times the car is accelerating, but at the start it is accelerating far harder than at the end. The other answer you may be after is that if a car is stopping from a constant speed then it is going to have a certain amount of force behind it. If it is at that same speed but still accelerating, it will have more force, and hence require more braking force to stop it. Also, as mentioned earlier, if you are accelerating harder, the amount of distance you cover during your reaction time from taking your foot from the accelerator to the brake is much greater than if you were accelerating slower. One final point - Peter, I know your kits all provide ADR compliance, but it's safe to say that 90% of the kits you have supplied are "illegal modifications" since the owners of those cars have not yet obtained an engineers certificate!
  10. One of my mates was at the drags last night (Sydney) and saw a Black XRT on NOS, although he didn't see it run. Did anyone see it run or get a better look? He said it was privately owned too.
  11. Yet another person saying well done - now you just need to show a certain deep sea fish how it's done....
  12. Actually - I was just interested in his time.... not trying to bait him PM me if you like 100% - save making a big deal out of it on this thread.
  13. Grant

    Web Browser

    Ditto
  14. Hey 100%, how'd you go Friday night?
  15. The girlfriends mum got me one of these for chrissy to.... not a bad pick I have to say.
  16. If I had my time over I would definitely buy again... but with different options. Getting an early build (Nov03) there wasn't much info avaiable from other owners about the options - of course, there also wasn't a three month wait
  17. Grant

    Why All The Fuss?

    Before we fire up too much, just realise this guy is a troll and only wants knee jerk reactions.... if he wanted info he would have asked for it.
  18. Grant

    Why All The Fuss?

    Oh wow, where'd that popcorn go?
  19. Heated responses and passionate comments are fine... it's when the threads degenerate into whose is bigger and better, and the thread ends up focusing more on that than the original topic that I get frustrated. Checking into a topic because you think there may be more information in there and then getting nothing but bickering is a disappointment.
  20. Mods, I think this guy needs a warning.....
  21. Grant

    Capa Kits

    Shouldn't you have asked that before you got the upgrade done...?
  22. Before you do..... I found that the little perforated holes in the leather get the cream stuck in it - very, very frustrating and looks crap. Had to get out there with a needle and poke it all out. Meguires also do leather wipes, I'd recommend those instead. Cheers
  23. Yeah, it's not really a big deal. As far as I see whether he posts it or not doesn't really matter... if he were using it as a selling point for his kit then I'd like to see proof though.
  24. Ditto to what Bloan said! Gee..... when Steve first got on here with his development he was everyone's hero. Since when did he do anything to change that??? I remember when he first posted the details of that run ages ago everyone took him at his word. Now that Nizpro and APS are around we don't believe him anymore??? What's up with that?
  25. Thankyou for coming to the party! Good post, thanks for the information. Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...