Jump to content

spooner

Member
  • Posts

    84
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spooner

  1. Nice work XAmont . Beats flogging yourself off , with stop light P-Plater drags
  2. I took my soft cover back to where I bought it , just to show them before I binned it . They gave new a new one N/C off a car in stock . Which was nice as I didnt expect that or demand a new one . The plastic side strips were faulty , must have been monday morning ones. Out of shape and too brittle and had broken in numerous places. New one AOK
  3. Ive had my FGT ute for 5 months now , all good overall , 10,000 klms , engine and body package real good , only down points , luxury pack leather seats, sagged out soft, crap . All show , soft and supple , no real comfort, feels like a 300k old Hilux ute seat. and ute cover useless destroyed and gone all limp. Apart from that is all good, No problems like my BA ,with everything coming loose, everything just as tight as when I bought it . I give it a 8 outa 10
  4. Try www.budgiebonnets.com.au They are only $145 bucks less fitting.
  5. I still say they are junk, after 4 months of regular use on and off , the white plastic holding strips have snapped in various places , If its a cold day , no way can you get it to seal 100% about 90, and it comes loose as you drive when the sun comes on it even when youve kept on checking and rechecking. Bugger shrinks when its cold , and gets loose when warm As useful as a chinese minibike
  6. Is all AOK , I busted the guy down to $6900 cash, gave it a good spit and polish what cost me $15 bucks and sold on Ebay for $13,729 after a $5 g start price to some idiot interstate and he's more than happy . So its a good deal all round , Dunno what your stressing about , lol .
  7. Wouldnt know mate. If I want to go quick I just leave it in STD position , If I want to go that bit extra quick I just flick it left. If I wanted to play around with manual triptronic changes , Id have bought a manual , that way its a lot easier and quicker if you can change gears ,and a lot more fun to boot when you were a youngster Teaches you better car control too , without relying too much on all computer stuff they are jammed packed with now, lol , and relying on software installed to pull you out of a mess because you stuffed up ,lol. I once by mistake slammed a VJ Valiant 6 cyl column shift auto into Reverse at Full Noise for it , by trying to powershift from 1st to 3rd , Those were the days, lol . You tell me what you think happened ? , lol, for a start all the software failed, lol .
  8. Offer them $40 k cash mate and see what they say . FPV are for wankers that have to much money or no idea . Ford pen*s Vehicles
  9. Id say you are tripping if you think you can work that sort of deal mate . If your thinking this sort of senario, your way over your head mate and if things dont pick up gonna lose big time either way . Who knows your house could be worth half what what you paid for it this time next year , if you need to sell quick , lol . I wouldnt worry at all about paying extra of anything as the places you owe money to , will go broke before you , lol. Keep the car mate, and dont Panic . Im sure a good BA will be worth as much a a VR Commordore does now this time next year
  10. The extra inside hooks for oversize loads , securing sound great in theory, but is only 2 each side , connected to one elastic strap , that has no tension capabilities at all You really need a extra 2 for front , and 2 at the rear which arent there to make it work properly . :( Also in rain the water builds up in cover and through weight makes the back section release and cave in whilst parked :( Weak As and Useless if you actually use the ute bit for putting stuff in, which is a shame . The new adustable slider mounts work great for big things
  11. Hi All, Id say the New design for fastening the tonneau cover is completely crap , sure it may look better than the BA style, but using it day in day out is hard with only one person, scratches the sides, doesnt hold properly, weak as piss. Both my side rails snapped in half after 6 goes at easy on and off, . at least I can fold it now to make it easier to use. Just waiting now for it to fly off while driving . At least the BA lugs worked even if ugly. Cheers
  12. After that Reply from a Moderater, I dont think this forums the sort of place I want to be involved in so bye . More D Heads that Real Heads. Dissapointed
  13. Sit on it ! Fonzi ! and see
  14. This is funny, My Running in Notes: Average overall until 1800k's 10.9 lph. Just work and back. One track day averaging at 38.9 lph. Reset and back to normal day after , now at 3000k's Average overall 10.1 lph since reset, and goes like a jet by itself, no throttle effort involved , that's 700 klm's a tank boys . Id say does them good to clean them out on the inside
  15. Hi XA Mont, Glad you finally got it AOK, Is excatley the same as mine, other than colour. Be warned on the Utes exhaust system drone via the plastic tub at low speed / legal speeds . Is poor , I put a system on my XR8 and improved performance and fuel economy, but the drone noise at low speed drove me nuts ! In a sedan is AOK . Im looking now at some small teak bits, since I thrashed it for a day around the track at 1800 klms , but done it a wealth of good cleaning out the insides, Now at nearly 3000 It runs super smooth and quiet and quick with no throttle effort involed . Im really happy with it . No Squeaks, no Rattles, I razzed the brake pads , still work but burnt them out so will change them for harder ones, feels like a Commodore, but discs look fine . Stuffed my R/H/F tyre so need a new one soon. Also a tip , I put 50 psi in the tyres for the track day and have left it in, Road noise from them heaps less than at 40 or so when new, now they are razzed up a bit should be worse road noise, but no, the opposite , bet it I let them down they would wail handles and grips just fine molling to work and back. I still think my seats are so uncomfortable on my arse, but have realised its just me, I drive trucks 12 hours a day and get a pounding non stop , lol , lol, hop in the ute to go home , and I think gee these seat are crap, but Id just spend all day in a " bounce and shake " Im looking at doing some suspension work soon , Will do a bigger cold air intake , and tune , Flash Tune ive been told is and whole exhaust system ( providing it doesnt drone me out ) , but will work the others with the standard exhaust to start with . Glad you like it XA Mont , worth the wait mate !
  16. Times are tough , for all , if you cant afford to keep it, you lose a motza along the way , or more if you dont unload it beforehand
  17. The Fg Xrt ute handles track conditions in the dry easy, leaf springs or not , thanks to the traction control , rear end not a issue, Im just going to retune the front suspension to ease front tyre wear.
  18. Who cares ? Really unless hes a family member or good friend , give him 50c so he can phone the RACV ( They Care ) You got his money so his problem , not yours now , sounds like you offloaded it just in time
  19. Oh Well Mate, You will just have to wait longer , Dont you know Ford and Everyone else in the World is going broke daily , lol. Hope you score one before they do ,or your Dealer does Ring the Ford Help / Care line 1800-FGTURBO
  20. Aint about lap times mate, Its all about having Fun and going Fast around Corners and Enjoying performance cars whatever type you are in. Everyone there , for the same reason , to have fun and give the car a Blast . The Fastest Car gets Nothing at the end or the day . Other than the same Enjoyment level as everyone else. FGT aqquited itself very well , on a Bang for Buck basis , brand new stock left many $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$ machines behind
  21. I reset my computer at the start and managed a measly 38.9 Litres per Hundred for the Day
  22. Hi Guys, Just got back from my day out at Sandown , having a Coldie Super day out , about 50 cars , a wide mix of machinery , and state of tunes and performance levels , The 300ZX club where there on mass , heaps of Skylines , 3 race specced Mini's , 2 Porshe GT3's, a Ferrari and Lambo , and a Wicked AMG 6.3l Mercedes that looked like a stock limo, that had to been seen to believe how FAST this thing was . Throw in a couple of new turbo VW's, BMW's etc . But get this guys , Only one Holden , a Brutally fast worked VL turbo on race tyres and rubber and Not a HSV to be seen ? As for the Fords , just me and another hardy soul in a stock BA MKII Turbo sedan ,Flying the Have Fun with Fords Flag Weather was perfect , Instructors on hand were various V8 drivers and Ex Racer proffessional coaches. I got Dean Canto , to sit in with me for 7 laps, showing me the keys to getting to grips with the Auto box , as was 1st time ive ever used a Auto on the track, when and what markers to brake on and when to turn in, took a couple of sessions to settle in, then wow, I know the track well but the auto was confusing me, once I learnt the go, was on it. These guys know there stuff. The car performed flawlessly and all I can say is that the Traction Control works wonders in saving you losing the arse end, you just boot it out of corners without fear of looping out, never even considered turning it off to see what would happen , and has some Serious Mumbo under the hood, which surprised many a driver when I come up on them. No noise, no spoilers, no fuss , just Go ! Hi Temp warning came on once, so I just slowed it down to cool it , then went hard the next lap . Only signs of wear at end of day, is the front R/H tyre , shagged real bad , but I expected that to a point , Did the whole day on one tank of juice, unlike most, lol. Brakes faded after 5 laps, as you would expect , but no were to the point of making me feel they were bad, Its only a stock car , but was very good fun to drive hard , and very fast stock outta the box and got lots of comments from watchers and other drivers I passed , being a ute and the only one stood out in a star studded field . All in all , Great Day , met some Great People, and Much Fun Had by Everyone
  23. What I did was cut my exhaust half way along , added a modified pacemaker muffler off a GT Falcon HO, and got a custom bend tailpipe 1/2 lenght straight through, with tuning bends ending in a 4 pipe outlet. Awesome Sound
  24. My average consumption from new , now 1600klms, is 10.9 lph, never bought it to look at fuel figures, but already a mega improvent over my BA XR8 , I havent touch or played with the gauges as not really interested , as I never bought it for fuel economy . Just noticed how much more I get to a tank of fuel, with no effort or changing driving styles , so I had a look and that's what it said. Wallet comfirms it , lol. So it must be something good. Whats that old song " Money for Nothing " ? But on the other hand, what I burned on offloading the BA, brings it back to reality, I could buy a whole lot of juice for the loss . Cheers
×
×
  • Create New...