Jump to content

spooner

Member
  • Posts

    84
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by spooner

  1. Hi Bobo mate, For me is as a good as I can get off the shelf with no mods needed , for a 45 year old Aussie muscle car life long head like me , had em all , but those days are gone, this is now, and this car gets my pulse racing even through I dont drive like a Dhead , and have to keep my licence as is my job , driving BD's and semi's. Been many, many years since Ive felt the thrill inside me, for a bog stock car , knowing what it it will do , when you want to, with no effort involved , Has a worked V8 only man , and 1st turbo ever , is a revelation to me , straight outta the box I must admit , as I saw turbos P-Plater stuff, big exhausts, big stupid noises , no real gains other than looking silly , that's what happens as you get older , lol. The only good working turbo stock car I have seen is the VL commodore, and they went like stink and blew everyone ayway, shows my age hey
  2. Couldnt wait , I picked it up late and is the 1st shots when I got home ,lol, I start and finish work in the dark apart from weekends, so I will take some snaps tomorrow . Is a great colour as changes with the light , only looks metallic dark red in full sun, other than that looks burgandy or so , I must admit I was a dit dubious when I ordered it , but so far impressed , What do you reckon ??
  3. Hi Monza , Got it Your right , was well worth the wait mate, makes up for everything I was disapointed about in my 2005 BA MkII 8 ute. Is a totaly different car in , ride, handling , effortless seamless power from down low , quiet with just a nice whistle sound at times , I had a system on my BA and the drone sound and noise at low speed was a constant irritation , only sounded right when full noise ,which you never do :( The 6 speed auto is a gem , the interior quality of the luxury pack well worth ever cent , over my BA which I had the same, but apart from seats, everything else looked cheap and tacky as any normal ute :( Is a huge improvement and I really like the setup and lack of plastic looking leather on the door trims etc. So far so good, Ive only had it 2 days, looks superb in the colour I picked, classy , and gets heaps of comments, and no one even noticed its a turbo , I only have a small black turbo badge on the back, suits the colour and hard to see. Mirrors better, interior room and space better, ute body tray new adjustable sliding clamps a bonus and very usefull Will post some pics tomorrow when its light ,lol, if I can wait that long, lol . Cheers Mate.
  4. All sorted, I never read the brochure , either did the dealer either , lol. The BF's could be ordered with red stiching and logo's on the leather . FG's cant only silky blue in any leather trim luxury pack. Salesman said all AOK ,when I ordered it , and now got Egg on Face , as factory option list for order accepts red trim as colour but not avabile in leather, but no one, bothered to tell me that, and when I picked it up yesterday salesmen all round dead ducking me, lol, hoping I wouldnt notice, yet they didnt know either until today ? Isnt that bad really I just got upset that I thought I didnt get what I paid for , Maybe Dealers should check out new model specs options 1st . Now everyone knows , At least I know I didnt get a reacharound , my own fault.
  5. Got it today on time as promised. Seduce Luxury Pack , only thing is Ford put in Blue leather stitching seats instead of the Red ones that I ordered ? Takes the gloss of what should be a great day , and only hassles involved in sorting it out :( . After 2 months of waiting patiently , takes the gloss off :(
  6. Picked mine up today, on time as promised. Only problem is they put Blue seat trim in a Seduce luxury pack , when I ordered Red trim ? Pointed it out and now feel like ive got a whole lot of duckshoving coming on :( It was nearly dark at the time and I only noticed the blue XR logo , only now im home, ive realised Ford put the wrong seats in . Should be raving about it not acting like a internet anal .
  7. Besides I was going to buy a new FPV until I saw a pic , but couldnt come at the overly gay blackouts , like a Drag Queens makeup Running ?
  8. Haha Monza, Octane was my pick of the colours , but I couldnt do it , lol , picked a Seduce instead just for something different , lol . Ive always had bright hot coloured cars , all my life , needed a change and besides the funniest thing is I picked it after my Carlton Draught can , which is my favourite When im not driving of course Might had considered a VB green , but they dont do that one ,lol. Pick it up in a couple of days, dealer rang , All go, nearly ready to go and get it .
  9. Nice Rig , Monza ive got the same deal coming only in another colour , too old for that now, lol, but I really love the Hot Colours . I just couldnt live with then anymore , lol . I want to blend in , not stand out Mines due tomorrow, bunt aint gonna happen , oh well , Ive waited this lomng doeasnt really matter ,as long as I get what I want
  10. I wouldnt worry about it mate, For the cheap price of the Luxury pack, you can change the wheels later on. Ive got the same on order, due tomorrow , lol, maybe, please
  11. Buy which one you enjoy driving more mate , that's the main thing ,who cares what anyone else says , fractions of seconds mean nothing in the real world, and makes no difference , whats the point in having " This amount of KW poo juice " and this " and "this" . Look at all the Idiots in 4cyl's and LPG cars that will risk life and limb, just to get in front of you in a 60 zone
  12. I will just suck it and see , mines only a week away , no DSC , but I dont think it will make much differenence anyway, everyones talking about it like its a miracle safety shield , which is ridiculous Its all common sence, beford applying throttle, Im hoping the lighter front end and improved front suspension , will smooth things out a bit , and help get the rear end to bite. As for 10" rears, I grew up on them , 10" 12 slots and Hotwires, and they are downright deadly in the wet, and in the dry skip and patter under load if you dont have your suspension sorted , they look cool and really been off the market for many years , Fatter isnt Always Better for Traction ( Exluding drag racing ) . I dont even think they are legal anymore. For me is all Suspension , Brake and Drivetrain work , before any HP upgrades
  13. Got a track day at Sandown lined up for a couple of weeks after my ute arrives , just so I can run it in properly. Hope the brake pads and fluid are up to it , being a auto will feel a bit strange Should be interesting through , bog stock new, lets see what she'll do eh Im not into drag / street racing that's not my thing , and boring and pointless for me. Unless you can find somewere to give them their head bigger than 400m and to get some corner / braking action , instead of acting like a Dhead bogun in a 60k zone when its been raining , Is Heaven on a Stick Got mates in a 08 VE Bogan special ute and 06 Maloo ute coming along so we can have some fun and compare and swap drives to see what happens. Should be a Fun Day Out for All Will make sure I get some Video action to post later on . As long as it feels reasonably stable at speed , I'll be happy, and can Tweak it up a bit for finer control from there . HP means nothing unless you can keep it on the road. I remember the 1st time I got blown away by a VL Turbo , so its Payback time
  14. I dont like it either, looks cheap trashy and a bit gay , will the carwash rip it off for me ?
  15. I junked /traded my 05 BA MkII XR8 Ute , for the FG6T ute. I still got my 04 VY SS II as the family car, at least it drives nice, handles well and sounds like a V8 . Sure its a Holden , but at least it wants to Stick to the Road like Glue , unlike my Pig Dog handling XR8. Hopefully the FGT will make up for the Dissapointment of the BA8 , I hope , nearly bought a VE SS , nearly , so close yet couldnt bring myself to do it . I hope I made the right choice . Besides the Mrs and teenage kids are all Expensive Daewoo Boguns, so I had to fly the Ford Flag in our family as a matter of Pride
  16. If it left on Saturday It Should be at the dealer by Monday arvo at the latest depending on how many other drops / pick ups he has along the way.
  17. Not at all , At least with the XB you know were you stand , you can push it to the edge and know where you stand, even with 7" 12 slots and 350 Hp, and as a road car is a 120 mph Lounge Chair. Might be old like me , but more Stable than your job or your Mrs And demands a good beating to keep it Happy , unlike Humans :
  18. I will let you know as soon as I do mate , that's the change in the years the old cars where that heavy you could floor it anywhere ,lol. And feel comfy with it, through throttle steer , as they get lighter and more skittish doesnt appeal to me that much But I think this buy for me the right balance and a exellent platform to work with and minor Tweaks to get the best of both worlds . Still Ive it got booked in for a track day soon, just so I can run it in
  19. that's what I was thinking mate , no point having 1000kw's means nothing unless you can drive it from the ground , rear wheels . Here's a pics of my XB 4V GT
  20. Hi All, This is my main concern without worring about HP figures etc, I dont drag race, just like to punt on country roads, and the odd track day to blow out the cobwebs. This has been the only reason why I switched from a V8 to a 6T . I hope they are much better than my BA Mk11 XR8 ute auto 4 speed, Only 2 weeks till I get mine with a ZF 6 speed auto, after sampling a GE6 turbo. My BA ute has been faultless for reliablity , only driveability has let it down , as will spin on a dime in even slightly damp conditions, and bumpy roads make you feel real nervious at speed. So never really felt right , so no point upping any HP as I struggled to deal with it stock . Once im convinced it handles right, then I would like to get some Minor Tweaks just to Sharpen it up a bit Cheers
  21. Excellent car mate, I had one as a loaner demo before I ordered my new XR6T ute, and I wouldnt have bothered until I drove it. 2klm's I was sold on it Brought it back and ordered my T ute. Only 2 weeks to go
  22. Your being picky mate, lol . Only orange peel that matters is that on your girlfriends or Mr's legs
  23. Excellent News Harry
  24. Telco ? , You forget they are only Car Salesmen , like im a Truck Driver, Im there to get the job done . Either Way , Any Way at times when needed, Who Isnt in their job these days ?? Chances are good either way the guy you ordered it through and got your deposit after you busted his balls to do the deal , wont be there anyway , lol. when you pick it up . Who Cares from a buyers point of view , if you got a good deal overall quick and easy to suit you ? that's why I always shop at Coffey Ford, is quick and easy if you really want to buy, straight to the bone if your serious and they know that if you are Save's me time and money busting balls further away than I care to go out of my way . People on the internet amaze me, just because they ordered a car, then expect the whole world to STOP and concentrate on this , just because its them ? lol
  25. that's the price you pay for not living in Melbourne , SSSuperchippy , Banana Benders come Last , lol. Besides I drive twucks for a living and you get what your given to deliver , lol . If it helps I'll give you 50c to call the RACV, They Care, Easier than ringing Mr Toll , lol
×
×
  • Create New...